bad weather tonight

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I hope you have all taken precautions tonight. No, not that sort, i mean because of the weather! If the weather forecasters are right its going to be rough. Ive moved my truck because my normal place is under some trees on the side of a hill where it gets quite windy so im playing safe! At the moment its just plain old rain though.

• Is there anything better than big weather experienced from a live in?
    When the storms were really raging I loved the fact that I could park my overland Land Rover by the beach and be rocked by the wind to the music of the waves crashing, and now I relish the nights I can spend in my 'van listening to the rain on the roof and feeling the elemental winds buffeting my home.
    I really should get out there more!
    By the way, does anyone else think that motorway noise at night sounds like the sea? I sometimes park up close to the M25 and I find the background rumble is perversely pleasant.

• as soon as a storm hits up here im off down the beach with the dog. she luvs to try n heard the waves back out but hasnt managed yet but shows no signs off giving up. sh wont go into the water so i know shes safe.
    i used to go n camp in my van by the beach when it was stormy, dont drive onto the sand in the dark on a strange beach. tou mite wake up wet, trust me. theres nothing more dissapointing than being soaked, cold and having to get out of the van in the middle of the night.
    oh!! and the farmer really didnt appreciate me knocking on his door in the night asking to borrow a tractor.

• I'm actually laying here and wondering how much longer all four of my wheels are gonna stay on the ground!

We nestled all the trucks together, away from the trees, bonnets into the wind. I thought my van was low enough for the wind to not really get underneath it, but it feels like its gonna take off at any minute, and there's nowhere sturdier to run to.

I don't think I've ever been this scared at night in my van before!!! Please let this be over soon!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I was waiting for the storm to hit all and nothing! Am parked up in a valley and a huge hill and woodland behind us that sheltered us, so felt nothing.

Hope it's passed for you now stardust and you're all ok and everyone else out in it last night.

• I'm pleased to report I'm still alive.

I'd be more pleased to be alive if I'd had more than two hours sleep and hadn't spent all the waking hours drinking rum, but there ya go!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain