Things you should never wear

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• These should be banned
    Like the bloody Grim reaper!

I don't understand why people don't like these, I think it's a brilliant idea! You can go out in your jammies and no-one would know, you don't have to faff about deciding what to put on or worrying about whether to take a coat, you can pull faces at people without them realising and I would much rather see this than the avalanche of wobbling cellulite that hangs out the back of a lot of people's shorts! I've seen some shocking sights so far this summer! I'm a little overweight myself, I have plenty of cellulite and I don't subscribe to any 'women of a certain age' type stuff either but equally I do feel that going out in public in skimpy clothing is only for the finely toned and that some people look better with a bit more covered up :)

• Hehe I love these kind of threads.
    I took a real dislike for crocs but they have their uses. public bathroom stop the varuca. They are great for walking over gravel & hot Tarmac too.
    Onesies again I'm not keen but they have their uses. my daughters use them when camping & when leaving social events late into the night.

• Crocs are my usual footwear, as my feet are generally too painful to put up with owt else. I don't know if it's possible to make them less attractive than they already are, but the parrots chew every pair - all my crocs have extra, random holes in them. I embarrass myself sometimes when I see what's on my feet. Though not enough to stop wearing them, obviously. :D

• Crocs are my usual footwear, as my feet are generally too painful to put up with owt else. I don't know if it's possible to make them less attractive than they already are, but the parrots chew every pair - all my crocs have extra, random holes in them. I embarrass myself sometimes when I see what's on my feet. Though not enough to stop wearing them, obviously. :D

I keep a pair of crocs (lol)by my back door so I can slip them on/off when I need to head out the back garden.

• I love my Crocs, even though I don't have a parrot to provide them with extra ventilation! They are my footwear of choice and have Winter ones too called Mammoths 'cause they have a wooly inner.

Most people seem to think that I'm :insane: because they think Crocs are the ugliest footwear on the planet but I don't care :pp because my feet are always comfortable.

"The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

• hahaha I totally forgot about those! Absolute nightmare....could never pop them up right and would catch your pubes in the poppers!!:panic:

Oh not good with pics but please add SHELLSUITS

My son is 6 foot 4 and I'm five foot 3 on a good day, I used to look up at him when he was 14-15 and tell him I'd wear one of these and come to the school to collect him when he was being a bit rebellious and giving me a hard time. He had green hair and was in a punk band at the time trying to impress all the girlies...lets just say he listened to his mum when no one was looking.

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.

• Stupid overpriced hats at weddings, some of the posh hats folk wear these days look bloody stupid.

Shell suits should be written out of history, should not have been worn in the first place.

Bandanas - The 80s is over and you are not the karate kid.

Leather trousers - Because you are not Tom Jones

:p

• I thought that shellsuits were an urban myth, until I had to go to Blackpool for work. I was amazed to see people actually wearing them in public - green, blue, pink, with garish stripes and triangles on them.

They were a dangerous distraction in Blackpool, where you need to concentrate fully on the pavement in order to avoid stepping in a puddle of vomit.

• I thought that shellsuits were an urban myth, until I had to go to Blackpool for work. I was amazed to see people actually wearing them in public - green, blue, pink, with garish stripes and triangles on them.

They were a dangerous distraction in Blackpool, where you need to concentrate fully on the pavement in order to avoid stepping in a puddle of vomit.

You have my sympathy, it must have been traumatic :D

• Sorry folks, did I miss something? What exactly is wrong with shell suits??

tortoise-knitwear-_2741507k.jpg

"The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes