Dating people who are overweight/obese

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Glad hear it mate. I heard something the other day about young (average) looking kids, having to develop a personality when in their early teens. Just to make themselves popular with peers and the opposite sex. While the good looking ones just enjoyed the attention. Now with the passing of time, all the flowers have blossomed, the early good looking kids have wilted and with no personality, have very little to offer. Those with the nurtured personality have so much more about them, even if they are out of shape. :)

• largeish lady no worries, obese no go... the bed in me truck couldn't take it lol, weights shite tho im biggest as i ever been i laff it off as mans belly/ middle aged spread but i don't like me middle me middle an lost me mojo for it, weights always bin up n down with me life, lol need some sexercise, can't start training again while i got so much goin on... crane fist + mad head = bad voodoo lol, sexercise applicants pls apply with in discretion assured.... haha

MadRat ... that's funny that !! :D

• What attracts me to a woman is her smell and taste, i'm not a cannibal lol, but i've dated real trophy women in the past, fit as fcuk but they smell and taste wrong, whether its too much perfume and make up i dont know, but even smokers breath affects it for me. When i go down on a woman, i like to enjoy myself and its vital that shes right down there. One woman i was seeing years ago, was morbidly obese, but she smelt and tasted amazing downstairs, she was aware of her size and her cleanliness was second to none, but without losing the natural smell, because of this i really could'nt keep my hands off her, totally amazing. I think you have to see thru the visual presentation and look at what the other senses make of it.

• I got in this situation again quite recently and turned the guy down, mainly because he was obese (and also because it was bad timing). I'm wondering if I did the right thing. He's a veggie for f**ks sake!

• I got in this situation again quite recently and turned the guy down, mainly because he was obese (and also because it was bad timing). I'm wondering if I did the right thing. He's a veggie for f**ks sake!

hello,

i personally wouldnt date somebody obese, or fat..or a smoker..or a women with a big chest...i will put up with kids, lifestyles, family etc, but thats my choice, so your own judgement is probaly the best, we all make mistakes in life, some people say life is to short, at times i think its to long !

but being a veggie wouldnt be detrimental if i meet a suitable lady...unless i couldnt eat meat ! :)

• Depends what you mean by overweight.
    I think the healthy body-fat range for men is generally ~10-25% and for women it is generally ~15-30%
    I care about health.
    I'd judge on appearance, whether the person looked healthy.

Also, if they said they were a work in progress, I'd ask them relevant questions and make a calculation based on:
    -My judgment of the chance I think there is that they will achieve their goals.
    -The degree to which I value them as they are
    -The degree to which I would value them if they succeeded
    -Whether or not I could be helpful towards them succeeding in their goal

It's fundamentally an investment decision: Does the risk/reward ratio balance out such as to make it a worthwhile investment of your time?

Whatever I did though, I'd be kind and respectful to the person, and think about their interests as well as my own.

• Greetings from a 'fat' person.

This has indeed been an interesting thread. I don't know whether to defend my weight, be offended, or laugh.

Everyone is entitled to be attracted to whatever they want.

I am 5"2, 13st, size 14-16. I am well proportioned, and that makes a difference. My sister [poor thing] is taller and smaller than me but has massive hips and a flat arse. It's all relative.

I like my men to be over 6ft and a size medium. I do not like men who are the same relative weight as me, I also don't like them to be too small. I don't like men that go to the gym. I don't like moobs.

Since I've learnt to accept my body as it is, my confidence has increased, and the interest from men has increased. Men like a woman who loves herself, without being arrogant. I like anyone who is confident in themselves, as that is what makes them attractive. You can't help who you fall in love with.

• I think Iv only ever dated 1 lass who wasn't over weight. Initial physical attraction to me has for many many years always been a larger lady but as Fire-Tree described the proportions of body parts to each other is what really catches my eye. I do find myself having conflicting feelings when in relationships of not wanting the lass to become slim but also not wanting the one I love to suffer from any health problems that the weight may (not saying will) lead to in the present or further down the line. At the end of the day the health of my friends and those I love or fancy is what's important and I would definitely put that before my attractions and lusts however much my lower body brain would disagree. Saying all that, the chances of me dating a typically "slim" girl again are also slim but then the UK average female weight isn't typically slim any more.

Anyway Iv kinda rambled there and not really added much.

• I once dated a very large girl who turned out to be a semi pro hockey player she was wearing quite baggy clothes at the time and looked fat and I remember thinking it's good she's not that bad anyway fast forward a few months.and she had me one handed by the neck holding me up off the floor before throwing me onto the bed. That was a wild night. looking back it was like hugging someone's knee all muscle and sinew her eight pack should scared me off

• Fact is... Type 2 diabetes is a lifestyle thing.... too much porkin and lashin.... simple as that.

I'm afraid your wrong there, my cousin was diagnosed with diabetes and was a semi pro football player even had trials with Liverpool years ago and they gave him a full medical 100% fit, couple years later they found he had diabetes. Also ther are professional sports stars who are diabetic, mostly type 1 but some are type 2.

• I'm afraid your wrong there, my cousin was diagnosed with diabetes and was a semi pro football player even had trials with Liverpool years ago and they gave him a full medical 100% fit, couple years later they found he had diabetes.

But was he diagnosed type 1 or type 2?

Thing is, most cases of type 2 diabetes are caused by lifestyle. Yes of course there will be exceptions, but that doesn't negate the majority.

Also ther are professional sports stars who are diabetic, mostly type 1 but some are type 2.

Type one is a different condition that mostly starts in childhood and the pancreas is pretty much fubar - and but even though type 1 sufferers are dependent on insulin, the dosage can still be better managed by lifestyle tweaking.

• Type 2 and having spent the last 2 years with it one thing I have found is the medical profession is at odds with itself over diabetes, I get told one thing by one doctor and totally the oposite by another doctor and I'm thinking "most cases of type 2 diabetes are caused by lifestyle" is coming from the medical profession. Just because they have letters after their name doesn't mean they know everything, I had high blood pressure by all accounts, so they gave me pills they did nothing so took some herbal for it and they took me off the pills because my blood pressure was normal. The doctors reaction "never heard of this herbal stuff but he can only prescribe tablets", so I wouldn't take everything the medical profession says as gospel.

• Well,
    I'm Fat, But consider myself fairly healthy, Not had to see a Doctor for anything for over 15 years, Am obviously therefore on NO medication, Still lead an active life, and can exert myself when necessary without having a hart attack, My 'Day to Day' happiness is I would say up there in the 80-90% Bracket, Does my size Bother me ? Nope !,Would I be happier with a conforming body size and shape to a chart on a wall somewhere ?, Who knows !,
    I actually prefer in a partner a Bigger Lady, For me, it depends on the actual women, rather than Size, Shape Color or whatever.
    So BBW all the way with me, With the emphasis on the second 'B' !.

• Type 2 and having spent the last 2 years with it one thing I have found is the medical profession is at odds with itself over diabetes, I get told one thing by one doctor and totally the oposite by another doctor and I'm thinking "most cases of type 2 diabetes are caused by lifestyle" is coming from the medical profession. Just because they have letters after their name doesn't mean they know everything, I had high blood pressure by all accounts, so they gave me pills they did nothing so took some herbal for it and they took me off the pills because my blood pressure was normal. The doctors reaction "never heard of this herbal stuff but he can only prescribe tablets", so I wouldn't take everything the medical profession says as gospel.

A Plant based diet has be known to reverse diabetes

• It is the ..Heart...Mind...Spirit...Fun....Laughter...Love Etc Etc of the Person I would be Attracted Etc Too.
    NOT..."THE SIZE" ...As what has that got to do with Anything?? .As you get Good..Bad. Mean...Monsters in People ..(Big Or Small) ....So to me if Somebody/People are ALL about...(Size..Body..Looks Etc) .. Then these be people of a "Shallow Heart And Spirit" Soooo These People Be Nooo Good for You Or Anybody... As They Are Not Beautiful Inside .. Because To Me It Is ALL About ..
    "Whats (Inside) The Wrapper" ...NOT "What The (Outside) Wrapper Looks Like" And I Am Not Shallow Or Fake Or Plastic .. Like These People Who Judge And Only See "The Outside Wrapper" ……They Be The UGGLIE..People And These Unkind Shallow Peeps You Should Be Happy They Not In Your Life Or Around You ..As,They Be "Ugglie Inside And Outside Their Wrappers"....:((

• I remember very vividly a moment in time when something died within me. A simple innocence that one it is lost could never be regained.
    I was about 12 or 13 and I fell in love with a very beautiful girl at school. I was besotted and was very excited to take her home to meet my family. When my older brother saw her he said to me so she couldn't hear "She's fat!".

I looked at her and to my surprise she was fat. it didn't bother me and it still doesn't bother me. There are some very attractive fat people and there are some very ugly thin people and everything in between. The thing was, I hadn't noticed she was over weight until it was pointed out to me.

Strange

paul

• Sorry to ask but was she really over weight or was ya brother under thought? :)
    Respect to all who have nuff minerals to talk openly about there wee's waa's won't leave um be n rest from what makes um wonder, wiggles woggles heart felt tears n soul destroying fears