phone contract legal help

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• i have a 3 contract that i renewed in feb i've had it for about 7 yrs. so they rang and offered me a good 'loyalty' deal on another contract to go WITH the one i have for £10 a month for a really good phone. it seemed good. i said yes to get it for my OH cos id checked that you can cancel within 14 days if u have agreed on the phone. anyway it was a bit dim of me he couldn't cancel his current contract he thought he could but couldn't. so i rang them back and explained this to them, and said i didn't need and couldn't afford another phone (they suggested i took it as a spare for myself). so they then said they'd send me an envelope which i'd send back to them via the post office recorded delivery (no cost to me). it didn't arrive for a week. so i rang them again and then didn't know what had happened and said they'd resend one. this hasn't arrived yet, and the end of my 14 days is on friday.
    if i don't get it, and can't send the phone back, what's my position when the 14 days run out? am i forced into keeping the contract? they told me if i changed my mind i have to pay the cost of the phone ON TOP of the contract which is a few hundred pounds. everytime i ring them it also costs me money! what should i do? please help me someone i can't find any useful info on their site and i can't afford this other contract. shd i ring them again? i've not opened the phone or anything. i don't know if a direct debit is set up, can they take money from me without asking? can i ring my bank and ask them to stop it?
    im being paranoid, but could they be not sending the envelopes on purpose to make me have to have the contract?? :( :/

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• Hello , I can see the situation your in , you not receiving there envelope etc ,and time running out , best if you prepare for a bit of a fight with there management if they try and work one on you . Firstly log down all the calls you make to them over this matter , Time, Date , Names of people you talk to { Surnames as well } if possible , Then if the crap hits the fan , get in touch with there head office and throw the Facts at them . They mite back down ,give you your rites ,then they will move on and try and work the same move on someone else . Failing all that you will have to go legal on it . { keeping all the facts you've logged down trying to resolve the matter . .Best of luck :thumbup:

• ok thx ive joined moneysavingforum thanks! yeh the problem with recording what you#'ve said is they make u email them through their site so u have no record of it! but i got a number off the last person i spoke to. bleugh! :/
    yes it's in theory paul and fingers crossed but im feeling particularly cynical and mistrusting at the moment :|

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• when you have the online reply form filled out, hit printscreen and then paste it into a word document (or paint or anything - then you have your record of the email.
    Grendel

• ah thanks grendel :)
    someone one the moneysavingforum said i am def protected as long as i let them know in the first week i wanted to cancel :) i shouldn't panic so much about things. but 2 years is a long time for a contract, really :/

• This falls directly under the "distance selling regulations". If you google them Im sure you will find that given the circumstances you have given then you are totally safe and no longer "under contract"

Cheers

BM