Crippling The System

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Just thought you might find it interesting that the only reason the banks and the government can cause Babylon is because the people give them all the power.

Now I have had a look in to how the bank system works and how they can loan so much money, the really interesting thing is that banks can loan 10x the amount of gold they hold in the safe but then you have the money which represents the gold moving instead so the loans getting moved to each bank add on to the amount they can loan.

From this the really simple way to cripple the system is really simple everyone take all there money out, because that money only exists in a computer.

If you want anything explained a bit more please just ask.

Thanks for reading

• Or ,if everyone could do so, pay off all the debts at once. Banking system relies on debt to keep going..........Note........I'm in absolutely no state to do such a thing...........lol

• Wrong as money is just the representation of you time and you positions to be able to trade with out money it would be trading you things for others and your time for things. Money is just a country wide voucher and there are ways to live without money but it is a lot harder than what we have now

• We don't even use gold standard anymore. We litrally trade pieces of paper that represent nothing, as nothing but paper is ever traded. I'm trying to move to the drug standard ;)

• We don't even use gold standard anymore. We litrally trade pieces of paper that represent nothing, as nothing but paper is ever traded. I'm trying to move to the drug standard ;)

mate buried half a kilo of good hash in the woods. just before he went to prison. 2 years later it was dug up. The quality had gone right down to unsellable. I guess gold not only holds its quality but also its value.

• mate buried half a kilo of good hash in the woods. just before he went to prison. 2 years later it was dug up. The quality had gone right down to unsellable. I guess gold not only holds its quality but also its value.

oooh, shame. hmmm... MDMA doesn't go off? and street price is about the same value as gold haha :)
    shrooms could be a good one though

• Because i dont legaly exist, im just a figment of the governments imagination im about to play my part n screw the banks for everything i can!
    Well more the pay day loan companys
    Recon this time i can walk away about 15 to 20 grand up! Lol

• I probably hate the current system more than you OP but all very well wanting to cripple the system , but how do you intend to live once its crippled . to many people in the world to live as a hunter gatherer .Things like agriticulture ,the internet reley on the system , . Solar panels for example reley on the system to be manufactured , distributed etc,the only thing that does not reley on the system is wild animals and they have a pretty hard shitty time, and it would not be much easier for them if humans did nit exist.
    The system is not perfect and systems never can be , but it seems from my experience ,those that want to smash it would be up shit creek with out a paddle in no time . I think you mentioned you are a student ,,,,er,,, thats a little bit systemy isn.t it?

Just saying like :)

• we winge about the "1%" in this country, but if you think about consumption of resources etc on a world platform. the whole of the western world is the "1%".
    everyone in this country is the "1%" on a global scale.

and as bungo says we rely on the system, it needs reforming not smashing. anyone can smash something. if people want to smash the system then they will need to be prepared to say goodbye to a lot of people.
    revolution is no picnic

also if everyone drew their money out and kept it at home crime would rise very rapidly, so we would need somewhere safe to store it. ..........
    a bank maybe?

• It does sound very simple for everyone to withdraw all thier money from the banks - however I do not see that happening any time soon on the huge scale required nor any one country having the huge cash reserves required to meet that demand. There are in most countries central reserves of bullion to as it were back up thier given currency.

It is true there are many aspects of banking chiefly in the UK the de regulation and the instant temptation of credit and paper wealth, as well as of course Government sponsored - debt schemes. The sale of council houses was one such scheme and of course pension schemes an other. To begin change we need perhaps to have more localised saving - lending opportunities as well has a shift away from the entrapment into slavery such notions has housing holds. The minute you are in be it rented or bought you are hooked to the grid.

But there are banks who work on an ethical scale.

It is easy to write about - smashing the system - I prefer a way forward where any force is directed at education. housing and opportunities. We must see where the strengths and weaknesses are and the minute details = this site relies on donations people can donate easily as thier bank or debit card or paypal allow, None of that would be available without a banking system.

Was it Karl Marx who promoted the theory of the human fetish - that of giving value to objects -

• As a matter of interest it would not be possible for everyone to take all of their cash out of the banks. As soon as it was noticed there was a run on the banks the government of the day would take steps to freeze accounts, allowing everyone to take out maybe a maximum of perhaps a £100 a week, until things quietened down again. They did this back in 1929, and they have been ready to do it at the start of every financial crash ever since. It's standard government financial procedure, not just here, but pretty well everywhere.
    As already said, the money itself doesn't really exist, it's just a lot of paper promises. Even if we were allowed to take all our cash out, only around the first ten percent of us would actually get anything. The rest of it doesn't exist, unless they started printing it out a lot more quickly, of course. If they did that it would lose its value; you'd be taking your wages home in a wheelbarrow, like they were doing in Germany in the 1920's. Roaring inflation, it would cost £10 for a box of matches, etc.

• If everybody decided to withdraw their money from the bank, this would only lead to panic. The banks would run out of money causing a run. People will be queuing up outside the bank to try an get their money out. The end result is the bank will quickly collapse taking the money owed to the people who weren't so lucky to withdraw it on time.

If you think things are shit now, once that happens things will get a lot more worse. There will be rioting and looting on an unprecedented scale, so much so that the government will declare marshal law. All the freedoms that you enjoy today will be gone in a heart beat.

However crap the system maybe, it is the lesser of evils and we just have to play along with it.

• An alternative to banking would be to put more emphasis on mutuals. That way you buy in to the society as a member. Profits made by the society are then redistributed by the society to its members. That way you can do away with banks owned by share holders screwing everybody over.

• If you want a local, ethical solution, try your Credit Union. I have a small savings account with mine - they also offer a current account and small loans - generally not for profit, and everything is done locally.

• Now I have had a look in to how the bank system works and how they can loan so much money, the really interesting thing is that banks can loan 10x the amount of gold they hold in the safe

The really interesting thing is trying to give advice whilst knowing nothing about how banks work.They have no gold in the safe.

• I wonder what George Carlin would say?

I do my bit - i refuse to have a bank/building society account, pay my bills in cash, and actually use my recycling to make something rather than have the council make money from it and theres no such device in my home as a tv - i find comfort in activity.

Last year i saved ALL my aliminium and had a big winter melt-down to cast it into 5kg ingots - worth nearly £1,200 Xmas just gone :D .

Electricity is still waaay to much, but im (safely) developing a micro wood-burner for use on a window sill, using what i call a frame-spacer to hold the exhaust and stop fumes/rain/wind from getting in- maybe i'll make a blog or vlog about it.

• May I ask how did you trade the ingots?
    Our local metal merchants all pay by cheque, unless you are a 'registered' dealer when they use a bank transfer.
    They stopped using cash to crack down on the scallys trading stolen metals.

Im more intrested in how he made them ! Melting ally requires a massive amount of energy , would have thought it would be more economical just to weigh the ally in as it is , whoops gone off topic.

• I Leant the local Farrier a hand, and hes registered, we both went up to the local scrappy with the ali.

As for making the ingots: charcoal fire (i make my own - lots of youtube 'how-to's'), melted everything down in a biscuit tin - the trick is to make a weak solution of clay and water and spray it into the tin first as a mould release.

I made ingots so it could be weighed in as clean - all those bin bags would have required several trips back and forth and would have only got the 'dirty' ali rates.

• Ah, the slippery crack in the system! Friends who legally exist, lol.

Hadn't realised the difference in price for clean ally was so good. Might have to set up a small foundry on the allotment plot

Yes,goferit :) , if you have any questions PM me....