7.5T ARTICULATED MOTORHOME

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• 7.5T articulated motorhome. You do not need an artic licience to drive this vehicle!. If you are allowed to drive a 7.5T vehicle then you can drive this!
    Can be driven on a car licence ( granddad rights)
    Ideal for long holidays or full time living
    Commercial stickers/decals easily removed with a hair dryer/ hot air gun
    Registered as a motor caravan = cheap tax £90 - 6 months/ class 4 M.O.T.
    TO BE SOLD WITH A FULL YEARS M.O.T
    Tractor Unit= 1992 ford/iveco cargo 6 litre straight six. manual 5 speed gearbox. Has done approximately 100,000 miles only ! 2 new starter batteries.
    Trailer = 1998 30ft box trailer single axle (on air). professionally converted 2002 by Cambridge conversions.New 30psi water pump 2010.
    New 7 litres per min instant hot water boiler 2010. New 3 door free standing wardrobe 2010.
    13'6 bedroom fully insulated
    13'6 kitchen/dinner, microwave,4 ring hob with grill under. masses of storage cuboards.
    Walk in shower room with full size shower and pull down wash basin
    Cassette toilet
    300 litre fresh water tank, 100 litre waste ( grey) water tank
    External belly lockers
    240vand 12v electrics
    Viewing is recommended
    link to video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRa78YXauWwPhoto0114.jpgPhoto0100.jpgPhoto0101.jpgPhoto0103.jpg

• i assure you .. you only need 7.5t licence with trailer entittlement= c1+e.. (test pass pre 1997 grandad rights ) hgv class 1 is c+e:thumbup:
    maximum train weight becomes 8.25t as an artic.... if it was a 7.5t with a trailer it would probably be more like 11t maximum train weight:eek:

• i assure you .. you only need 7.5t licence with trailer entittlement= c1+e.. (test pass pre 1997 grandad rights ) hgv class 1 is c+e:thumbup:
    maximum train weight becomes 8.25t as an artic.... if it was a 7.5t with a trailer it would probably be more like 11t maximum train weight:eek:

Well I'm in no position to tell you what's what! I thought it was more down to the '5th wheel' as opposed to say the draw bar setup on a wagon and drag rig, or a normal tow bar. I thought that was why you needed a specific (class 1) license rather than the weight. :/

• well ive had a look at the some of the paper-work i got when i bought the truck..... now the bloke i bought it from had failed his class 1 test so bought this unit instead... the paper-work is dated 2009 ! from direct gov and it states there are 2 catagories of vehicles that can be used for test purposes ( c1+e).. 1. wagon and drag format ...2. a medium sized artic with trailer.. both must have a box trailer and only side mirrors...unfortunately i cannot find this on a more up to date web-site.. ( but there again i cant find anything on what vehicles are allowed to be used for testing purposes !)... 1 thing is that i cant find anywhere that is states you cant drive an artic on a c1+e licence....!

• [h=2]Category C1+E (C1E)[/h][COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]'Drivers who passed their car test before 1 January 1997 normally will also have category C1E entitlement. However, they will have an absolute combined vehicle and trailer MAM of 8250kgs.'[/COLOR]
    Category C1E is for goods vehicles between 3500kgs MAM and 7500kgs MAM combined with trailers over 750kg MAM.
    However, the trailer MAM entitlement varies depending on driver age and how the C1E entitlement was gained:
    Drivers who passed their car test before 1 January 1997 normally will also have category C1E entitlement. However, they will have an absolute combined vehicle and trailer MAM of 8250kgs.
    [COLOR=#FFFFFF !important][/COLOR]
    Drivers who passed their car test after 1 January 1997 will to have to pass further tests -Category C1 (theory and practical) followed by C1E practical. There is no subcategory C1E theory test. It is not possible to go directly from category B to category C1E. Drivers who gain C1E in this manner can drive category C1 vehicles combined with a trailer over 750kgs MAM provided the combination does not exceed 12000kgs MAM and the laden weight of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle.
    However, because EC regulations limit drivers aged under 21 years to driving vehicles or combinations which weigh no more than 7500kgs MAM, drivers under the age of 21 are not allowed to drive subcategory C1E vehicles up to 12000kgs MAM. Drivers aged 18 to 21 are allowed to take a test for subcategory C1E, it just means that entitlement is limited to a combination weight of 7500kgs MAM until the driver reaches 21 years, at which time the balance of 12000kgs MAM entitlement automatically becomes effective.
    [COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]'Drivers who passed their car test before 1 January 1997 and wish to raise their combined vehicle and trailer MAM of 8250kgs to the full 12000kgs will have to meet the higher medical standards, obtain a Category C1E Provisional Licence and then pass both theory and practical C1+E driving tests.'[/COLOR]
    Drivers who passed their car test before 1 January 1997 and wish to raise their combined vehicle and trailer MAM of 8250kgs to the full 12000kgs will have to meet the higher medical standards, obtain a Category C1E Provisional Licence and then pass both theory and practical C1+E driving tests (in this instance they do not have to take a C1 practical test beforehand).
    To drive vehicles of this type professionally (i.e. in connection with a business or employment) drivers will also need to meet the Driver CPC requirement.
    Supervising drivers accompanying provisional C1E licence holders must themselves have passed a C1E or CE practical test and have held their full C1E or CE licence for at least 3 years. In other words, a driver who holds category C1E only by virtue of ‘acquired rights’ can no longer act as a supervising driver; this rule changed in May 2010.

really? it was my understanding that you can't drive ANYTHING with a 5th wheel without a class 1 hgv.if you fitted a 5th wheel to a mini pickup and put a tiny 5th wheel trailer on the back, you'd still need c1+e 107 license.

i got my info from here, so it's not exactly concrete....http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopicp-585144.html

Terry

I take it you are asking which category of driving licence you would need for a 5th wheel rig?

If that's the case you will need a restricted C1+E (with the category restriction 107 - Train weight not to exceed 8,250 kilograms) or a full C1+E (up to 12,000 kilograms) if the rig is heavier than 8,250 kg.

If you passed your driving test before January 1st 1997, you will already hold a restricted C1+E.

Keith (Sprokit)

i found this following your link......which is just about what i said.... a pre 97' licence entitles you to drive this vehicle