looking for a luton van insulated/windows etc for living in

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hi I'm looking for a luton van to convert for permanent living. As much as i would love to do this from scratch i think my skills of cutting holes for doors/windows etc just isnt there.

Ideally i would like a van insulated with doors/ windows etc so i could move in and add bits as and when i could.

If anyone has any great ideas i would love to hear from you.

Also while were on the subject is it [possible to cut through from the cab area to the back to make drive away situations alot easier.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me
    Jenna x

• look on here for ideas also try ebay, u might find its easier to buy one already done. you do get vans coming up with sum of the work already done. as for a cut thru it depends on the vehicle type some can be others cant. u might be better looking for a camper van that needs refitting.

what license do u have can u drive a 7.5t if so horse boxes might be worth a look, if not try a big van a lwb sprinter or iveco and convert it urself, you could also buy a caravan and tow it behind u, gives u a place to sleep as well as all the parts for the conversion.

log burners a good idea its dry heat so no nasty condensation, i think theres a couple of people on here that might be able to help u out with that one

good luck n happy travelling

• cutting holes for doors and windows is not difficult, measure twice cut once, most people have different ideas when it comes to fitting out a van so tis best to get a bare van or one that has already been converted very few come up in the condition you want [insulated and windows fitted] but it all depends on your budget.
    you can cut a walkway through on almost any luton van but it must be strenthened to suit

• Hi Jenna Im Bill.. I have a luton van for sale...if you are interested...Its a ford transit x furniture van... No windows.... roller back door new MOT. i would help cut new doors if you want... mind you I have never done it before so it would be a case of the blind leading the blind...lol

• Post by jenna27 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Thank you, I only have a normal 3.5 licence so wanted to go for something as big as my licence would take :-)

log burners are a great idea...i love the smell of them.

you have all been really useful so a massive thank you good to get other peoples opinions on things, dont want to start hacking up a van :-)

happy traveling to you to x

• Hi Jenna Im Bill.. I have a luton van for sale...if you are interested...Its a ford transit x furniture van... No windows.... roller back door new MOT. i would help cut new doors if you want... mind you I have never done it before so it would be a case of the blind leading the blind...lol

i would love to hear more but i cant seem to message you because im new here :-) is it possible for you to message me with more details. Thank you <3

• Hey, welcome.

What is your rough budget?
    The more work completed the more expensive the van can be.

Box :)

Looking at spending about 3.5k altogether.....but that is everything so would need to work out percentages of cost for converting.

Jenna :-)