What famous people have you met

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ah Maxi Jazz - I met him too!! I performed with glow poi for the Peace One Day festival that he was also performing at. We shared a dressing room haha (with lots of other people too!). Nitin Sawnhey, Badly Drawn Boy and Lamb also played. Ah that was a fun night. Quite possibly also had too many drinks to do a good performance but it was about the experience haha. I also worked at some music studios which did pop music so I had to cook lunch for and eat with pop stars every day - from Delta Goodrem and Brian McFadden to Peter Andre to Craig David, Ronan Keating blah blah. They gave me the job because I liked any music except pop so they knew I wouldn't get star struck - and I didn't! Lional Richie called and I so badly wanted to sing 'hello' when I answered the phone but I had to restrain myself!!!

• Just remembered, in about 1975 a new Carrefour (now ASDA) supermarket was opened in Chandlers Ford by the self-appointed most important man in the world Noel Edmunds, and I said 'hello' to him, but he ignored me. I have had a faint queasiness in the stomach and difficulty digesting food ever since that encounter.
    Much more exciting though is that in 1976 I had a part-time job in Tesco in Eastleigh, and Pam Ayres, that poem bird with a Bristol accent made a personal appearance there. I met her as I had been sent to the managers office (where she was chatting) for momentarily 'leaning' after unloading an articulated lorry, and said 'hello', but she ignored me.
    It's been difficult to remain down-to-earth after such thrilling glimpses into the heady world of mega celebrity.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• Well, not many people would have heard of him but I've just met legendary 'vampire hunter' David Farrant - famous for sparking the 'Highgate Vampire' phenomenon of the 1970s.

For the record he doesn't actually believe in them. :)

Just googled him looks like an interesting guy heh. Where do you hang out on a Monday night then to be bumping into vampire hunting occultists?? :p

• Just googled him looks like an interesting guy heh. Where do you hang out on a Monday night then to be bumping into vampire hunting occultists?? :p

It was a talk in central London, I discovered it last week and thought I'd pop along as the whole story was a bit of a teenage fascination for me.

He's actually quite cool; readily dismissed a lot of the early media frenzy, says that he was set up by the cops to look like a crazed occultist even though he admits an interest in such things ... he doesn't believe in any actual vampire being in the cemetery - although he does believe it's a psychic entity of sorts.

• Served half of the cast of Last of the Summer wine and Coronation Street either on the veg stall that I worked at in Stalybridge market hall or behind the bar at the Witchwood when I was older. Partied with the likes of Mick Hucknall and others that played at the Witchwood on their way to being famous. I think Mick was just a local lad, but was a twat from what I remember, Sean Wilson and Michael Le Vell used to have a drink with us in the pub and Timmy Mallet used to come round to our flat with our mate Joe, last I saw of him he was on a chair, balanced on a bed, trying to change a light bulb....... Sadly I have not met anyone famous for years, last one was Maxi Jazz from Faithless, about 10 years ago, but I was that stoned I could not string any words together :o

oooh i met Bill Owen (Compo) from last of the summer wine! My parents rented a holiday cottage on the outskirts of Holmfirth when I was at secondary school. When we arrived, we went to collect the key and were informed that the cottage wasn't quite ready yet as Mr. Owen had been doing some filming and he always stayed in the cottage we were renting but he had moved himself into the main house for the rest of his stay so we could have our holiday. We were very excited and asked the landlady if she might ask him if we could meet him and she came back and said yes that was absolutely fine. He was incredibly well spoken, which shocked me as a teenager :insane: and my mum n dad had a signed photo of him up on the walls for years :)

• I met Bobby Charlton at Wembley when I was a kid, He shook my hand, signed my flag and took the mickey because I'm a Liverpool fan!!
    Ive met many when I go to Anfield, ex-players and that, John Barnes, Kenny Dalglish.
    I met James Cordan at the game the otherweek though. I wasnt really fussed about spotting celebrities but he was really great and he must have had his photo taken with about 50 people or so, he wasn't up his own ar#e. Really good bloke.

• A very tenuous link, but at the site I was working on in Sheffield today you needed a swipe pass to get in the building to use the "facilities", and I was lent one, which belonged to Jamie Reeves - the former World's Strongest Man! Though it was his day off, so unfortunately didn't meet him :(

• A very tenuous link, but at the site I was working on in Sheffield today you needed a swipe pass to get in the building to use the "facilities", and I was lent one, which belonged to Jamie Reeves - the former World's Strongest Man! Though it was his day off, so unfortunately didn't meet him :(

:D:D
    sorry mun but thats so tenious its funny

• went to school with " pete dougherty" well say i went to school he actually started the year i left was a cple of years below my little brother who used to kick about with him .... was always a little pathetic snot nosed jebend as i reacall now look at him a grown up snot nosed jebend ;)

• What famous people have i met , where do i start , I've worked for a security company and met loads of Famous people , had to look after some of them . But some of the best ones would be . I've taken Cheryl baker (ex bucksfizz) for a Mc Donalds . I've been made to Dance by Micheala Stachan , I've had a drink (or two ok maybe 4 to 5 ) with Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall , and the one to really P**s the blokes of , I've spent the night with Adi Titmus (but that was before she was famous , and i still see her Mum whos a bit of a hippy and lives up the road )

• What famous people have i met , where do i start , I've worked for a security company and met loads of Famous people , had to look after some of them . But some of the best ones would be . I've taken Cheryl baker (ex bucksfizz) for a Mc Donalds . I've been made to Dance by Micheala Stachan , I've had a drink (or two ok maybe 4 to 5 ) with Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall , and the one to really P**s the blokes of , I've spent the night with Adi Titmus (but that was before she was famous , and i still see her Mum whos a bit of a hippy and lives up the road )

Phwoaarr Abi Titmus, when you say spent the night - did you shag her???

• Nik Turner from Hawkwind! Great guy! :)
    Doug (Fatty) Bad Manners! What a laugh! :)
    Bez Happy Mondays! Brilliant guy! :)
    Lloyd Knibb from The Skatalites! Lovely, humble man! :)
    Lester Sterling from The Skatalites! Lovely, humble man also! :)
    Javis Cocker for Pulp! Wild! :)
    Rico Rodriguez, The Skatalites and many more.. Such a humble, loving man! Blessed! :)

That's it so far.. But these people aren't famous in my eyes. They great musicians/ artists/ performers who truly love what you do. They have made their dreams their reality.

Blessed be! :waves:

Love, peace and light! x

• I met Tim Minchin a couple of times, was hugged by him and I squeezed his bum (by accident), he was the nicest bloke ever and gave me a free canvas bag and guest listed me for his gig the next night, where I got another hug off him >>>>swoon>>
    I've shook hands with Jimbob (carter the unstoppable sex machine).
    I used to go with my boss, when i worked as a vet nurse, up to Harvey Smiths showjumping yard, him and his sons were right arrogant bastards.
    The Levellers squeezed past my bussoms at a gig in hebden bridge.
    My great grandma is a serial killer.

• Back in the mid 80s when my knees still worked, I was thin and doing fit things like cycle races and fun runs(quite what was fun about them I never found out), I went on a coaching weekend where the special guest was Robert Millar, winner of the King of the Mountains competition in the Tour de France in '84. Despite being portrayed as dour and difficult in the media he had us all in stitches with his anecdotes on his cycling career. Apart from that I met Neil Oliver on a day out at Briarlands Farm, a family play park near Stirling, he with his offspring, I with mine.