What famous people have you met

• I met Mariella Fostrop a while ago down the Spar...we both bought some bruised and battered bananas and she got in my way when i was perusing the cheese selection :lol: she's very lovely and I also saw her down At The Chapel a few weeks back too. I've also been bought a drink by the late Rodney Bews when i was a very little girl at a boating club my grandparents used to drink at in Fulham. I've also walked past Noel Edmonds at the Frome Cheese Show...head to toe waxed jacket what what... Me n Lee nearly walked into Nicholas Cage on Glastonbury high street which was quite funny and I once nearly got ran into by OB out of Hollyoaks down at Glastonbury Festival :) met one of the band These Animal Men down on Carnaby Street years ago...my brother nearly wet himself, he was a massive fan and they were quite famous when we met him. Ooh who else... i met the comedian Mark Steele and had a bit of banter with him after a gig. Thic famous clarinetist "stranger on the shore"? Met him loads and introduced him on stage once aswell...can't bloody remember his name..can only think of Fred Dibner or Adge Cutler or Fred West ffs lol Fred Wedmore is it? Fekk knows and i think he might be dead now anyways. Oooh and this won't mean much to most but I've met Dr. Michel Odent who is a very famous french obstetrician, and had a lovely chat to him at a conference...he is so sexy for an octogenarean and was kind enough to sign a book for me. I've also met the wonderful Mary Cronk, an amazing midwife who's written words in the AIMS books on vbac and maternity rights, helped me hugely when pregnant, and it was just wonderful to be able to thank her personally :heart: i never met them myself but alot of my school friends knew the Ozrics when they very first started out 'cos they lived in the same village where the Ozrics had a squat, and dependin on whether he is batshit crazy or not, i know the lead singer of the Rhythmites to say hi too.

• thats the chappy!!! Used to live in Wedmore! Acker bloomin Bilk...how can you forget a name like that :lol: thanks Alan :D

• i've also met famous Jazz man Tommy Ball? In covent garden...he was very nice...busking with his band for shits and giggles...i think they were playing the opera house that night :)

• was working the door at ronnie scotts nightclub,bloke comes to the door,are you a member sir? no he replied, well fuck off then tis members only, but i,m acker bilk he says,look sunshine acker bilk got a goatee and you aint. silly sod had a shave and he had to ring the manager of club to get in as he was playing that night

• Had an encounter with Spike Milligan a few years back. I was in WH Smiths looking at the records. He was doing a book signing, the books being next to the records. I was looking at a particular record - reading the sleeve notes and decided to buy it. At this point Spike decided it would be fun to shout STOP THIEF! Before I knew it I was surrounded by shop assistants and security - then they twigged it was Spike being Spike - we all had a bloody good laugh about it. WH Smith appologised to me for the embarrasement (I wasn't embarrased at all - I was chuffed to bits although I thought if they were that truly sorry they could have let me have the record FOC)

• Had an encounter with Spike Milligan a few years back. I was in WH Smiths looking at the records. He was doing a book signing, the books being next to the records. I was looking at a particular record - reading the sleeve notes and decided to buy it. At this point Spike decided it would be fun to shout STOP THIEF! Before I knew it I was surrounded by shop assistants and security - then they twigged it was Spike being Spike - we all had a bloody good laugh about it. WH Smith appologised to me for the embarrasement (I wasn't embarrased at all - I was chuffed to bits although I thought if they were that truly sorry they could have let me have the record FOC)

Hehe good story :D

• The wiki page for Rodney Bewes doesn't mention his death. Is it definite that he's died recently? I hadn't heard about it.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• I guessed ages ago 'Paul' that you are in fact Michael Parkinson.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• Kissed Peter Andre and he wrote 'keep smiling sexy on my vest' I was 14 so pretty chuffed sexy was allowed. Richard Branson offered to buy me a drink I declined not sure why though. I think he was being polite to his employees. Scatman John RIP, Menswear.

• I think I may have met the Invisible Man , but im not sure were it was .

God , I really do wish I could have met someone famous cause I mite have been able to be more sensible ,

THIS IS WHY ITS NOT MY FAULT .:ppp

• Most of the famous people I've met has been due to working as a sound engineer and as a Tour manager. Toured with the Beat, the Thompson Twins, A Flock of Seagulls, Killing Joke, Ken Boothe, the Belle Stars and Dr Feelgood (Paul - you didn't list a real life friend we have in common -Jennie Matthias of the Belle Stars).
    Producing and promoting an anti war album brought me to spend time with the Clash, Paul Weller, Peter Gabriel, Madness (who helped loads with publicity) Ian Dury and Buster Bloodvessel.
    Jammed with Thomas, originally Hawkwind's bass player, a few times as we lived near each other. Being involved with free festivals meant that Nik Turner was often part of the team.

Haven't met Solo1 yet, but maybe I'll be able to add him to my list of famous people I've met one day in the future ;)

• Served half of the cast of Last of the Summer wine and Coronation Street either on the veg stall that I worked at in Stalybridge market hall or behind the bar at the Witchwood when I was older. Partied with the likes of Mick Hucknall and others that played at the Witchwood on their way to being famous. I think Mick was just a local lad, but was a twat from what I remember, Sean Wilson and Michael Le Vell used to have a drink with us in the pub and Timmy Mallet used to come round to our flat with our mate Joe, last I saw of him he was on a chair, balanced on a bed, trying to change a light bulb....... Sadly I have not met anyone famous for years, last one was Maxi Jazz from Faithless, about 10 years ago, but I was that stoned I could not string any words together :o