Any Family friendly festivals (2013) ??

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hey folks, just wondered if anybody knows of any child friendly festivals coming up this year?
    I have a daughter of 11, and think Glastonbury may be a bit too much for her!
    Any ideas or comments appreciated thank you :whistle:

• I would recommend Beautiful Days down in Devon. I worked on their kids area for a few years and it's ideal for that age. They cap the tickets at 10,000 so it's tiny compared to Glastonbury, and a much nicer vibe. Kind of like Glastonbury in the good days!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Hey thanks guys ... Andy I will try and find out about these festivals, do a bit off googling around ... and Stardust I have a friend over Devon way so that might be an idea, I think a smaller site be better for kids, just like you said " Glastonbury in the good old days" Thanks :)

• Blowing our own trumpet abit I know but Bearded Theory is massively child friendly.. BIG family contingent and we have the lovely Angel Gardens which is a large kids village with lots and lots of activities..
    http://www.beardedtheory.co.uk/page/angel-gardens-line-up

The festivalkidz website gives you alot of child-friendly festival low-down - Heres their Angel Gardens linkie - http://www.festivalkidz.com/es…tival-angels-have-landed/

This will be my 2-year-old's 3rd Bearded!! [he was 9 weeks when he first came!]

• Wow .... So many festivals to choose from, thanks folks ... and thanks to Beardedflip for the links .. that looks just what im after !! :hippy::panic:

• I'd go with Dilangar and say The Green Gathering. It's a fairly tiny festival - 3000 people maybe - on a huge rolling site with woodland walks and fairy grottoes and loads of kids and teens activities - an 11 year old would probably enjoy both! Last year there was a mini climbing wall, DJing & breakdancing workshops, dressing up and processions, kids' entertainers and talent shows, trampolines... and the site feels safe enough for kids to go at least semi-freerange. The vibe is like the Green Fields of Glastonbury only more chilled. www.greengathering.org.uk/

• Green Gathering 2013 .....01-04 aug 13 .... Here we come !!! looks amazing, everything that i am after, kids areas, and hands on skills zones where you can learn skills like making baskets, throwing potts, circus skills .... and also green areas and speakers tents where you can list or speak about important issues ..... also the enetertainment of bands / singers etc :) Booked and happy thanks elf & dilanger :)

• Green Gathering 2013 .....01-04 aug 13 .... Here we come !!! looks amazing, everything that i am after, kids areas, and hands on skills zones where you can learn skills like making baskets, throwing potts, circus skills .... and also green areas and speakers tents where you can list or speak about important issues ..... also the enetertainment of bands / singers etc :) Booked and happy thanks elf & dilanger :)

also its not big and massivly confusing for kids ... like glastonbury totally family friendly by the looks of it ... looking forward to it !!! who needs haven and butlins?

• Check out Croissant Neuf Summer Party, amazing festival for people with children!

"Croissant Neuf Summer Party is the best kept secret on theUK festival scene. We’re the family friendly festival with a seriously green conscience – and have the awards to prove it! Since our debut in 2007 our solar powered festival has been a haven for families with a bursting line-up of music, circus, fun and games situated in the stunning hills near Usk in Monmouthshire."

http://www.croissantneuf.co.uk/