Cameron in a coalition of one?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Anybody see this? The lib dems are going with labour over the leveson enquiry. Cameron promised everything and has been an utter shit, reneging on all his promises and refusing to agree a new press regulatory body. He won't come to agreement with labour or the lib dems and has decided to go for a coalition of the tory party and...the tory party and force a vote. Since some of his own party seem set to vote with the libdems and labour, he seems certain to lose. Cracks in the wallpaper at last, at least we can only hope. They really are fucking morons.

• They are a nasty,nasty lot. I just don't get their policies at all.............the system seems to be making people work later and later in life, others, young,qualified people especially can't get jobs........what's going to happen in a few years when people do start to retire..they'll be no-one to do the jobs !! The pay rates in lots of areas, here in the south west for instance, are pathetically low and what vacancies there are quite often are part-time and seasonal. There seems to be no long term planning, although this applies to all the parties and we're banking up much more serious problems than mere financial ones for the future

• I think he's just looking out for his friends...there's the Murdoch family, Rebecca Brooks, Andy Coulson, to name but a few. Brings to mind that old expression- Show Me Your Friends and I'll Tell You Who You Are.

• He really seems determined to destroy the lives of everyone who is not a multimillionaire mate of his. I wish he would just fuck off and die. And I never think that about anyone, coz I know it's really harsh. But that's how he makes me feel!

As for coalition of one......I'd say the sooner this all falls apart, the better. But I'm not convinced there's a party strong enough to rebuild the country after all the damage this lot have done. I think we're gonna be fucked for years after all this.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• another labour government?? the same labour that thought it intelligent to send out a flyer directed at MOTHERS, just after mothers day??? the flyer that made me rant for a full hour on the subject of "do they really think we are a bunch of thicko's?"

its all just gonna keep going round and round and round and round and round and round and round until someone with some bollocks blows the whole bunch of them up...

we need an army of Mrs.Brown's to storm Whitehall and sort all this shit out...

ahh well... i expect the royal babby will take us minds of it eh!!!!!!! :reddevil:

• I would vote Mrs Brown for prime minister in a heartbeat! :D

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• The only saving grace in all this is that they are so bad at it. Everything they have tried to do is a fucking shambles, and they are completely transparent about looking after their mates. Jeremy khunt should have been fired, but they let him loose on the nhs instead. Duncan schitt has already had to climb down but keeps digging himself in further. They even managed to tie themselves in knots over gay marriage, which wasn't in the manifesto, or the conference, and no one else gave a shit about, except their own right wing and now they've managed to screw up their own coalition. What a bunch of arseholes. Oh, and don't forget george giving £100,000 to every millionaire in Britain (including himself of course) on the same day that thousands of council tenants get their housing benefit cut. Genius!

• I would love to see the day the Lib Dems decide that working with the Tories in the current government is untenable. Nothing shouts louder than no confidence motion than this. Better still if the Tories themselves are divided. Almost certainly a general election would need to be called. If David Cameron cannot get the Tories together going into a general election, then he will have to go also, which makes me wonder what would happen if a political party went into a general election whilst still having to elect a leader.

Going on opinion polls, if a general election was called today, then the most likely winner would be Labour by a healthy majority. However, there is a spoiler in the shape of UKIP.

• Ha! So they reached an agreement, whereby basically Cameron caved in yet claims to have won. Brilliant. I saw the headline in the sun yesterday, "ministry of truth". So murdoch is upset then, so much for contrition regarding his appalling behaviour, and so much for the ministers in bed with him. He was furious that hacked off were allowed at the meeting where the deal was thrashed out but he wasn,t. Well we don,t usually invite crooks to help write the door, do we? At least, that's not what's supposed to happen!