Jim Bowen Elected Pope....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So we have a new Pope. I for one don't give a ratzinger, I'm tired of all of it. If he turns out to be a modernizer then everyone will say how good he is and hold him up as an example of why the church is so good and relevant and they will say the same when he turns out to be a homophobic nti condom pro aids moron. I wish they'd fuck off and leave us all alone. So what do we all think then?

• I don't care who they chose. A man who sits on a gold throne, draped in jewels while half the worlds children starve has no business preaching morals. The catholic church is one of the richest institutions in the world. If they believe anything about what the bible says about love and looking after the poor, they would share the wealth not keep it to themselves.

They can fuck off with their hypocritical, kiddie fiddling bollocks. :mad:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I can't see him making the slightest bit of difference even though he is supposedly humble and cooks for himself...it's all controlled from behind the scenes like any government.

• With stardust on this...........although they did say on the news he carried his own suitcase out of the hotel he was staying in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that makes a huge difference

• With stardust on this...........although they did say on the news he carried his own suitcase out of the hotel he was staying in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that makes a huge difference

And don't forget he joined the rest of the boys for a sing song on the coach instead of travelling by himself in the official limo....

• The catholic church probably has enough money to save all the starving kids in the world. When he does that, then I'll be impressed.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• The catholic church probably has enough money to save all the starving kids in the world. When he does that, then I'll be impressed.

Yeah - but what will they be saving them for......... :whistle:

• He's a hippocrite like the rest of the Catholic church.

When the military rulers of Argentina were 'disappearing' thousands of people who protested against them, the Catholic church did nothing. In fact in many cases they protected the regime. It's said this 'humble' guy cares for the people, yet he did not wish to risk his life to speak out against the military. Worse still he blessed the planes that took off with thousands of bodies of 'the disappeared' to be dumped in rivers. Nope.......there will be no change in the Catholic hierarchy, not with people like this at the top.

• I dont listen to singers to hear political opinions, I don't vote for politicians because they can sing or play guitars, I don't listen to Popes to hear enlightened social commentary. He's got a job to do. The job description doesnt involve wooing the likes of us to make himself more popular :-)

I'm just thankful that nowadays the Pope isnt a major world leader of serious influence, as many of his predecessors have been. I'm glad we've moved on.

• I dont listen to singers to hear political opinions, I don't vote for politicians because they can sing or play guitars, I don't listen to Popes to hear enlightened social commentary. He's got a job to do. The job description doesnt involve wooing the likes of us to make himself more popular :-)

I'm just thankful that nowadays the Pope isnt a major world leader of serious influence, as many of his predecessors have been. I'm glad we've moved on.

The problem is though, that millions of people DO listen to him. So when he says things like condoms cause aids, tgousands of people die as a consequence. :(

• I see they want the pope to intervene over the Falklands, what on earth do they want him to do exactly?

Send God to fight the brits maybe? Or bless the argentine army? Armies have always had chaplains to bless them, and its always made a huge difference, to none of them!

• I don't care who they chose. A man who sits on a gold throne, draped in jewels while half the worlds children starve has no business preaching morals. The catholic church is one of the richest institutions in the world. If they believe anything about what the bible says about love and looking after the poor, they would share the wealth not keep it to themselves.

They can fuck off with their hypocritical, kiddie fiddling bollocks. :mad:

Very well said!