Sulking chilli plant.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I've got a couple of chilli plants in a big pot sitting on my bathroom windowsill - I've had them for a couple of years and they'r regularly flowering and producing chillies except for the time they had a haircut.

Just recently I've noticed that only one plant has been producing so I thought the other had gone into a sulk then I saw a pot with an Aloe Vera plant sitting on top of the soil in the big pot right next to the chilli....can't think how it got there but the name Stardust springs to mind!

I wondered if that might be the problem so I moved it on to its own spot on the windowsill and, to my surprise, both chillies are now flowering again....coincidence or do some plants just dislike being next to others.

Anyone else had a similar problem with sulky plants?

• I have a sulky chilli plant. It too is in a pot. It has flowers on it but also has several dozen droopy leaves on it. I moved it to a different position yesterday & it appears to be responding positively.

Mine really seems to enjoy the bathroom window...sun most of the day and a moist atmosphere from the shower...plus, it seems to like it best when the security lights are shining all night from the office block at the bottom of the garden.

• I like how I end up with the blame! If you have a temperamental chilli plant then it's your own fault for not spending enough time talking to it. :mad:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I like how I end up with the blame! If you have a temperamental chilli plant then it's your own fault for not spending enough time talking to it. :mad:

It was your Aloe Vera - besides I talk to it every morning when I'm sitting doing a poo!!!!!

• It was your Aloe Vera - besides I talk to it every morning when I'm sitting doing a poo!!!!!

T.M.I. Duuuuuude!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I always assumed you were on a colostomy bag at your age. :whistle:

:five:

• Oooh, you remember me! At least the alzheimer's hasn't kicked in yet ;)

Oi - keep it on topic please or I'll report you to the boss.......bugger - just remembered.....you are the boss. :insane: