HELP!! I need to paint a Gala Tent...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• It is made from Polyester fabric, backed with a waterproof backing.. does anyone have any ideas of what paint to use, and where I can buy quantities of whatever is recommended, I have a 4m x 3m lid for the marquee, and want to paint it in blocks of colour, a bit like a circus tent...#

• I have it on good authority that https://graff-city.com/ paints are extremely good for graffiti/vehicles etc. so see no reason it shouldn't work well on the tent as well :)

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I was looking for similar to paint the canvas on my tipi .
    Ive got small paintings of my parrot and two dogs on already, but that took
    up loads of canvas paint !!!

Is there a cheap alternative i could use? That obviously wouldn't run off first sign of
    summer rain !

• It'd probably be worth doing a quick google check to see what chemical base the graffiti paint is - it *could* damage the polyester or, more likely, the plasticised backing... Acrylic base would probably be ok, but I wonder whether an acetone base would make the fabric bubble or wrinkle?