Severe Back Pain - Off Work - Advice?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I was a fool to go back to work, I think!

I lasted 4 days, and on Thursday night it was not only my back that was swollen, it was all of my right hip. I obviously called my docs to get an appointmet - but there weren't any. Went to the Walk in centre, he's gave me tramadol and sent me home.

I could barely move my legs/feet on Friday, and couldn't get out of bed without trying REALLY hard to send messages to my legs. The back pain has increased, even when taking tramadol and I am so uncomfortable! Most of the time when I am on my legs I feel so weak and that I could fall down at any minute. Jamie is even having to help me put my slippers and trousers on sometimes cuz I just can't bend!!!

I have also lost 7 pounds in like a week and a half two weeks, and my appetite isn't as big as it usually is.

Losing my mind now! :(

• everybody gets a bad back and it clears in a couple of days but some folks get one an it brings them to their knees thats why its so hard to tell about your pain see your doctor go down to a&e just keep on till some one dose something been there got the t-shirt all the best to you

• I give up.

I got an emergency appointment through NHS direct because my symptoms are worse. Went there, they said I have muscle spasms and that is it.

I guess I wont be getting any help so I'll just have to deal with it!

• Keep pushing the issue Cally, ring up your GPs tomorrow and ask for a home visit. Do it every day if necessary until someone starts listening and doing something to help you xx

• I give up.

I got an emergency appointment through NHS direct because my symptoms are worse. Went there, they said I have muscle spasms and that is it.

guess I wont be getting any help so I'll just have to deal with it!

get your GP out tonight, get the GP to give you a Valium injection, see if it helps with the (supposed) muscle spasm. My GP would come out every three days and give me the injection. Muscles can go in to spasm as a reaction to your pain. If you call them out, you may get some pethidine to make you comfortable & get you through the night. Hope it eases for you.

• Hi all, thanks for all the advice you have given me.

I pushed my GP because of the symptoms spreading, I was making appointment after appointment and he sent me for blood tests on Monday because he wants 'to rule anything serious out'..... but what if it is something serious?! Just because I am young doesn't mean I haven't got something wrong with me!

My physio has also referred me to the Orthopedic centre but still waiting to hear from them.

Fingers crossed that I have some answers soon!