Merc truck for sale....open to offers...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Spring project for someone. Engine failure....head gasket has been done and partial re-build but still doesn't work! :( so needs more work or a replacement engine.
    The truck is in Redruth Cornwall. N reg Mercedes Sprinter 308d 3.5 ton, diesel. Tax & MOT.
    Converted beginning of last year, fully insulated,membraned and ply lined.
    Full size double bed with memory foam mattress. Loads of storage, under bed clothes rail and 3 deep shelves, chest of drawers, storage under seats. Seat on the left can be joined to others to make small double bed.
    Kitchen area with fridge, sink and drainer. Space for large gas bottle under sink, hob and caravan size oven.
    Space for woodburner (hole left out of roof ply for flue-see pics)
    Lots of nice oak detail, on bed and shelves.
    False wall behind roller door with stable door and stained glass window, fully insulated and lined.
    One caravan window and two large porthole windows.
    No leaks or damp anywhere.
    Solid underneath, good tyres.

Has had a lot of money spent on it!

Doesn't drive at all so will need to be towed or transported.

Open to "sensible" offers! Please share!

Please get in touch with me for more info or if you would like to view :)

Follow this link to view photos https://www.facebook.com/media…7.953268.603235356&type=1

• Just viewed the photos, this a beautiful vehicle.

What kinds of engines could be transplanted into her/him? I'm looking into what to do with my VW T2 camper, her engine leaks in multiple places and it has been suggested I transplant an engine from another vehicle. Your bus looks chunky, so I'm wondering what engines would be suitable and how much that could cost someone - might be useful info for someone considering her, to know what they would be looking at once they'd bought her/him?

Sorry to see you're having to sell it, it's wonderful to look at. Will put the word out.

• I'm not sure to be honest! I have no knowledge when it comes to engines. I had a look for a replacement and the ones for this vehicle and they ranged between 600-1000. It would cost a bit to put it in I would imagine....unless you can do it yourself or got a mate who'd do it for a crate of beer!

If I had the money I'd do it but I just dont have it...plus its part owned with my ex so I just want to get rid of it and move on!

• Really nice work in the back there, sad situation :(

If its any help i believe the engine ought to be an OM601 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_OM601_engine
    Not sure but it might be possible to straight swap it for an OM602 which would upgrade the truck from a 308d to a 310d and give you "one of the most reliable engines ever produced" into the bargain :D

Best of luck getting it sorted/sold and a fair price to you.

Alf

• It looks lovely. Wish you the best of luck with it :)

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Just viewed the photos, this a beautiful vehicle.

What kinds of engines could be transplanted into her/him? I'm looking into what to do with my VW T2 camper, her engine leaks in multiple places and it has been suggested I transplant an engine from another vehicle. Your bus looks chunky, so I'm wondering what engines would be suitable and how much that could cost someone - might be useful info for someone considering her, to know what they would be looking at once they'd bought her/him?

Sorry to see you're having to sell it, it's wonderful to look at. Will put the word out.

You are very limited in what can easily be swopped into you're VW van and the VW air cooled boxer engine is cheap and simple to rebuild, MUCH less work than putting something else in there.

As for the sprinter, its a basic inline front mounted engine with a gearbox bolted on the back, there are hundreds of options for a swop, basically anything that will physically fit in could be done pretty easy ( most engines just have a mount each sode and one on the gearbox, then its justa matter of making up a prop shaft, some water pipes an exhaust and some wiring, throttle and clutch connections) although something with plenty of low down torque and decent fuel economy would obviously be favourable, and an earlier rather than late engine would not require complicated electronics.

I've done loads of engine swops in cars, vans are no different, again though if you can't do it yourself it will be much cheaper and easier to fix or replace then original engine.

• I have now advertised all over facebook, including bus love. Got someone coming to look at it tomorrow....so fingers crossed! Thanks for advice re engine....have posted that with the adverts :)