so this is what love is...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Dan

Why the bitchiness? I can understand where the cynics are coming from but the fact of the matter is that you're wrong! Anyway I thought hippys by definition believe in love and free love and all that...

well every one is different but hey.....this guys happy he said. and this is the way happy people think :p

• Not bitching mate...Just disagreeing with this idea of a whole emcompassing love and loving everyone and this romantic novel idea of love....

Oh one other thing.....I am really happy....I can't think of any point ever where things have been going better....Everyone is healthy, I am doing the job of my dreams, I have a great girlfriend, loads of mates, a cool dog, I get to go surfing pretty much when I want now, I can afford to drink and smoke when I want, I feel justified in the lifestyle I am living, I recycle, I eat organic, I don't pollute, I protest, I give money to charity, I can sit in my garden watching the sunset with my guitar.....LIFE IS FUCKING GREAT!!

I still don't agree with you though, so once again the "this is how HAPPY people think" statement is a massive generalisation

• Quote from koolaid

Nope cynicism is a made up concept to with no basis in reality ...he he

listen bud. i feel for you. i really do. im sorry my happyness upsets you if thats what its doing. its obvious we have different ideas of happyness and i wont disagree with you. i have no idea who you are and ive never met you in real life. i cant see you face or hear the tone of your voice so it makes it very hard to tell anything. i wish you luck and love and prosperity in all that you choose.

:waves:

• love is our own interpretaion some people agree and some disagree and what will be will be.

• oh and when i posted this thread i was merely sharing my experience but thanks for your words all the same

• :p yea you too :) sorry if i make you sick with my overwelming and disgusting love. i cant help it. its my fragile ittle mind you see. its all it knows :D

• Wow cool life but the difference is that if me and I'm guessing Elliot but not forcing any opinion, were on a desert island and were about to die but had the love of the one we loved then we would be happy dieing.

• well i think thats a big part of it. i think id add. having the privalige to know that person i love in my life and to have known my family and friends and to have given something back to the world.

• but what if the island you were on was like that one in Lost except it was populated by rampaging monkeys with swords and pieces of wire shaped like the eiffel tower...!!!

Would you be happy to die then??? eh??? would ya??? :D

• :eek: WOW what a strange twisty ride reading this thread is !!!

Anyways I admit that I understand Elliott's feelings as I now can understand these feelings. To me all the "soppymental"

sentiments & feelings now make sence. Why? Because I've now found someone who allows me to be myself & fit totaly with her as well. This never happend to me before.

Loveing someone does not mean that all is well in the world or even in my own little version of the world but it realy helps to know that there is someone there beside you who will do anything for you because they wish to & that you willingly wish to do the same right back for them.

Enjoy the feelings Elliott, long may they last & be returned to you as it's fantastic when your in LOVE

:hippy:

• I LOVE you guys sorry couldnt resisit...good to see you back koolaid or did you never leave....???

Elliott was inspired at my place to write that & im truely hounored to be involved in the
    LOVE VIBRATIONS
    I have a feeling Elliott is right its a the summer of love & all those that have given unconditinally shall be rewarded...you know who you are.....x....

Enjoy.....:heart: :sex: :heart:

• Quote from Ren

Enjoy the feelings Elliott, long may they last & be returned to you as it's fantastic when your in LOVE

I'll second that:)

The loving vibe is a catching one....it always makes me smile when I come across someone who's genuinely in a wonderful high.... love radiating from them

• thanks for all your wonderfull words guys. im so glad i posted this now. i did doubt posting it, wondering weither it was to personal but its been a real blessing. i love you all. love love love love love love :D

• Quote from Elliott

thanks for all your wonderfull words guys. im so glad i posted this now. i did doubt posting it, wondering weither it was to personal but its been a real blessing. i love you all. love love love love love love :D

Right back at ya hun xx:hug:

• I guess it is going to be the summer of love. :hippy::huglove:

The love vibrations are spreading like an infection (In a good way of course). I feel sorry for you people who have not got infected by it yet. I am sure you will in due course. I will just spread my love to everybody.

Wahoo Hippy love to everybody :hippy:

Matt

• Quote from Barefoot_Surfer

I feel sorry for you people who have not got infected by it yet. I am sure you will in due course.

Thanks but no thanks, once was enough, ta. :)

• love......well firstly elliot i love and respect you and fleassy and i am very happy for you both you are both family
    love is understanding and caring ......listening to your partner and always bieng there ..........through the good and the bad
    with real love comes trust ..then respect
    loving someone means allowing them to be thier self
    but lso with love can come pain ...its a rollercoater ride

• Quote from sensamelia

love......well firstly elliot i love and respect you and fleassy and i am very happy for you both you are both family
    love is understanding and caring ......listening to your partner and always bieng there ..........through the good and the bad
    with real love comes trust ..then respect
    loving someone means allowing them to be thier self
    but lso with love can come pain ...its a rollercoater ride

Ronan's words.......
    "Life is a rollercoaster you just gotta ride it"

Tess's advice (for what its worth)
    Hold tight n enjoy the ride.
    Remember the highs n deal with the low's.

Life is for living ,So live it.
    You only get one shot at it.

Otherwise you'll wake up one day and realisation will hit you.Your old ,bitter,unhappy n unfulfilled.....what a way to go guys.

Agree with Elliot...Spread the love
    and at every given oppotunity...SMILE
    and the world will smile back.

Love you all xxx

• Perfect Tess!

Love everyone you meet, until they give you a reason not to.
    A rollercoaster indeed, but if you won't let yourself get on the ride, whats the point? It's all good, even the pain, its what makes us alive, and love it! xxx:)

• Tess..
    Nice posting..just read this poem..

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]My angel..
    his name is freedom,
    choose him to be your king..
    he shall cut pathways..
    east and west...
    and fend you with his wing..

As a white candle..
    in a holy place..
    so..is the beauty..
    of an aged face..

The hunger for love..
    is much more difficult..
    to remove..