HORSE GROOMING COMBS/ BRUSHES

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• If any of you horsey types have any spare curry combs/body brushes/face brushes/mane and tail brushes and possibly a halter, these fellows need them:

We discovered these ponies in the Spring and they were in quite a state then but they have been getting progressively worse all summer. It seems as if they have been abandoned. We have been going to see them on a regular basis and encouraging them to get used to us (windfall apples are a great tool!) so we can gain their trust enough to be able to do something about their coats, manes and tails. Last weekend the stallion (who is clearly the boss) let Henners pick burrs out of his mane and stood quite calmly and quietly, ( as you can see from the above photo), so we are def making progress. I can't afford to buy any grooming kit at the moment but if any of you have spares you could send us, these fellows (and us) would be very grateful. Thanks lovely flowers!!! Peace light and love, Bee xxx

• I don't know but I did phone the RSPCA and they know about them....

bee kind....build a bee a house...
    bee a honey....plant a bee lovely blooms

The post was edited 1 time, last by stardust ().

• i will ask at the farm near us hun you never know
    is there not a local horse rescue or charity near by
    as abby says be careful with rspca

thanks for that Sensi.....it seems that all the local horse rescue charities are full to bursting - thanks to the recession.

• I don't have any of my horse grooming stuff anymore else you could have had it, but EMW http://www.mediawebz.co.uk/emwwordpress/index.php or World Horse Welfare http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/ should be of more help than the RSPCA :)

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• I don't have any of my horse grooming stuff anymore else you could have had it, but EMW http://www.mediawebz.co.uk/emwwordpress/index.php or World Horse Welfare http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/ should be of more help than the RSPCA :)

thanks for that...I will give them a go. I just feel it's not fair on them not to have a little TLC

• Looks like scissors in spring would be the best for them. Watch out for ring worm. What are their feet like?

Yes we need to take lots into consideration. Their feet don't seem to be bad at a glance - no splits etc but I haven't tried lifting one up to have a look. Also the feathers are quite long. I want to make sure they really trust us before we try to pick a foot up!

• Phoned lords house farm apparently when previous owner did a runner with the animals she took the gear as well
    But she said she will have a good look round stables today and give me a ring this aft

Hope you can get the right help for these guys its appalling that they have been abandoned

• The piebold may have some mud fever looking at the standing ground water in the photo.

Yes - you are right on both counts Steve - and this ground is by the river, it's very sodden and the recent rain has made it very boggy....

Phoned lords house farm apparently when previous owner did a runner with the animals she took the gear as well
    But she said she will have a good look round stables today and give me a ring this aft

Hope you can get the right help for these guys its appalling that they have been abandoned

Thanks flower - it just makes me sad and angry. They are really good natured.

I have had a conversation with the peeps at World Horse Welfare and emailed them photos. She said that the location ( as in Essex) means that they can send someone out there. She said tho that if they look particularly hardy and aren't being kept in a stable/no access to food and water/ being mistreated etc, then they will not be a priority. Twister, thanks sooo much for that link...Henners and I will keep and eye on them anyway, whatever happens.