Stray kitten

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hi, I have taken in a stray kitten from the local RSPCA, she is gorgeous, and is 5 months old, however........ as she was a stray, she digs her food away, and suckles on thing anyone. I have had her for 3 days now, and wondered if she will suckle forever or if she will grow out of it? Our resident Tom cat is not at all impressed by it. I have made her a nest out of a fleece blanket, but she is only interested in suckling on my jumper, the cat or my sons leg. I have had cats all my life, and this is the first one that I have had that has done this.

• Awe they are gorgeous, thank you for sharing. Hopefully she will take up a favourite item to do it on, and leave the other cat alone, he has given her a slap tonight and gone out into the rain to escape her :(

When I get a new camera I will upload some pictures of her. :D

• Yeah a friend of mines pud did it all her life, although I think the pud's sister stopped after a while. Sounds like a real cutety :wub:
    Beachcomber you are deffo spoiling those kitts dressing gowns and hot water bottles :D

• My old cat did it all his life, think it was because he lost his mother at 4 weeks old..some nasty person dumped 5 kitten when they were tiny

• Hi, I have taken in a stray kitten from the local RSPCA, she is gorgeous, and is 5 months old, however........ as she was a stray, she digs her food away, and suckles on thing anyone. I have had her for 3 days now, and wondered if she will suckle forever or if she will grow out of it? Our resident Tom cat is not at all impressed by it. I have made her a nest out of a fleece blanket, but she is only interested in suckling on my jumper, the cat or my sons leg. I have had cats all my life, and this is the first one that I have had that has done this.

The post is useless with out pics. :)