Babysitter jailed for raping 8 year old girl

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-20470501

I only include this in the current affairs section because of its being in the news today, please move it if you feel it be better somewhere else.

This person's actions are nothing but monstrous, and as such you'd think he'd have been spotted before for being the psycho he clearly is. But that's the thing, for two years of university I sat next to, ate lunch with, and was friends with this young man and I never knew a single damned thing. Needless to say I'm disturbed.

Why the hell didn't somebody do something back in 2005 when he was put on the register? I was assaulted when I was the same age as that poor little girl-and I didn't suspect anything of him.

My question is really, how the hell do you protect anyone when these horrible people seem just like anyone else?

"Fairness? Pfft, please! Next thing you'll be asking for good tasting soy-cheese. The nerve of kids today, honestly."

• I think that the current affairs section is as good place to put this,until a dirty rotten fucking bastard section appears.

I can not even start to say in writing how that makes me feel,but lets say for the peace of my soul,that it slightly annoys me somewhat.

I am sure that 99.9 percent of humanity will be as annoyed as me.

CHOP OFF HIS BALLS

• I just can't believe it's possible to know people and not realise they're capable of something like that. He used to carry me around on his back and we'd have a laugh. I'm very slight of build and have been told i look under 16, which makes me feel worse.

"Fairness? Pfft, please! Next thing you'll be asking for good tasting soy-cheese. The nerve of kids today, honestly."

• yeah,must be a complete headfuck,to think that someone you know and liked,could do something like that. Maybe something happened and turned him into that complete prick! maybe he wasnt that way before! I dont know how someone becomes something like that. Are they born with a malfunction,or is it a peversity that they take on board themselves.
    People like that should be put in a room for half an hour with the parents,the family and the friends for half an hour,before getting sentenced to a few years holiday.
    Must be realy hard for you to get your head around that one,I am sure it would baffle hell out of me if one of my old mates turned out that way.

• Yeah that's pretty much it. How do you trust anyone if you can't pick out a psycho? I think for me it's not just a case of how horrific his crime was, but that 'evil' doesn't have a recognisable face. People that do horrible things aren't monsters you can pick out in a line up, they're just like anyone else you've ever met-they can be funny, like the same things you do etc.

The article says he was a photography student, he was actually an SFX degree student. We used to share materials, split food, attend the same parties. This is our last year and we were going to do a collaborative final piece. You can be in such close proximity to horror and have no idea.

I couldn't have done anything because there was nothing that would have let me know about him. And that's really what makes me angry. Not that I didn't see what was going to happen, but there was nothing to see that would have told me at all. It's not guilt, just anger. There should have been signs, then I (or anyone) could have said something/done something.

• I remember at Pickup Bank Festival back in 83ish there was a kangaroo court for a nonce on the site , and he was dragged off site and was made to lie on the floor with his feet on the bumper of a van , and had both his knees smashed.
    Not saying I condone kangaroo courts , but I think the courts are not harsh enough and prisoners shoud not be protected inside once they are convicted, to the extent they are put in with thier own sorts.
    I went out with a girl who had been abused as a child by her father, and still carried the scars in her 30s to the extent it destroyed our relation ship as she could not bear to see me with my 2 young daughters.

• I remember at Pickup Bank Festival back in 83ish there was a kangaroo court for a nonce on the site , and he was dragged off site and was made to lie on the floor with his feet on the bumper of a van , and had both his knees smashed.
    Not saying I condone kangaroo courts , but I think the courts are not harsh enough and prisoners shoud not be protected inside once they are convicted, to the extent they are put in with thier own sorts.
    I went out with a girl who had been abused as a child by her father, and still carried the scars in her 30s to the extent it destroyed our relation ship as she could not bear to see me with my 2 young daughters.

i was at pickup bank back then
    and dont think that was right wasent he innocent anyways

this is awful but its like with everything how do we really know anybody we think we do and hope we do
    we send our children to school and put our trust in teachers etc
    priests judges all sorts have been convicted
    what about the child who is abused by her father and the mother knew nothing
    we have to be so careful

i really feel for you hunny this must be very traumatic for you and those poor girls
    but what struck me as strange was the parents advertizing on gumtree for a baby sitter surely thats asking for trouble
    might as well just pull someone in off the street

• i really feel for you hunny this must be very traumatic for you and those poor girls
    but what struck me as strange was the parents advertizing on gumtree for a baby sitter surely thats asking for trouble
    might as well just pull someone in off the street

I think he advertised on gumtree not them but the same principle follows. I got a call from the police a few month ago asking me what I knew about him as my number was on his mobile, if I'd been using him as a babysitter etc. When I heard child services my first reaction to be honest was that he'd got with an underage girl and not known about it, such a smiley chap you'd never have thought it at all.

• [quote='sensamelia','http://ukhippy.com/freakpower/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=1191742#post1191742']i was at pickup bank back then
    and dont think that was right wasent he innocent anyways

/QUOTE]

You could be right about them being innocent, the court members were not the most savory poeple in the Convoy, and jumping to concusions and over reacting were par for the course. There was a lot of speed on the site and nutty goings on. I only was told about it the next day.

RE gumtree for babysitters is insane.

• its bad enough to think about people doing it in general really, but it really makes me feel sick to think about how it could be someone you know. That really makes you feel horrible to think people act like this.

As for gumtree baby sitters thats just plain stupid.

• quote: My question is really, how the hell do you protect anyone when these horrible people seem just like anyone else?

It is precisely because this person is just like everyone else. It is impossible to really judge and condemn anyone if we truly learn to understand them- that does not mean we condone what they did. It is much easier to be judgemental and mentally dissociate ourselves from people committing terrible crimes.Its because its too unpalatable to admit to ourselves that somewhere even in small part the same humanweaknesses and frailty and viciousness potentially lies in each and all of us But its dishonest , and furthermore foolish to deny that. Many years ago i was improsoned for drug smuggling and got to mix with murderers , rapists allsorts. Strangely as i was a psycholy student at the time i got busted, many of these criminals quite readily unfolded their life stories to me.

And once i knew their stories, (I mean the real personal stories not the shit for the courts) it was no longer possible to condemn them . I know that within me lies that same murderous instinct, i kill several people each day, maybe a rape occasionally too, On a really bad spell i am the man ready to push the button and nuke the world. I am that man , i am that super villain- so are you! Whats more i embrace and accept those parts of my nature, because they are part of my humanity, part of being alive. But before the 'jurors' out there get ready to lynch me, let me say I live a life full of love and dedicated to helping traunatised children in war zones and in my orphanages. And to reach some of those poor people so damaged by life its necesary to be open about whats inside us- that way ive found i could reach those considered unreachable by many other 'professionals'

Of course in prison the child molesters were kept seperate because they are the scapegoat for the rest of the prison population so i didnt get to hear their stories or understand them. And because i adore children i too react instinctively with horror and anger to the 'nonces'. Its hard to find compassion for some actions that seem beyond anything we can mentally get any grasp upon. But I try tocurb those instincts to react judgementally. Just because i personally find little inside me to resonate with such behaviors, doesnt mean its not there somewhere undiscovered... in a different life with different family, child experiences etc , there but for the grace ...
    all that said, im a parent too, and i know im most definitely capable of kiling anybody who harmed (or even threatened) my kids or those in my chidrens homes, so i empathise with the 'chop off his balls' brigade too but just ask them to embrace such feelings but also try to rise beyond them to find compassion and love where it may be most needed, for all our sakes

• quote: My question is really, how the hell do you protect anyone when these horrible people seem just like anyone else?

all that said, im a parent too, and i know im most definitely capable of kiling anybody who harmed (or even threatened) my kids or those in my chidrens homes, so i empathise with the 'chop off his balls' brigade too but just ask them to embrace such feelings but also try to rise beyond them to find compassion and love where it may be most needed, for all our sakes

I think I can be compasionate and to a degree understand a lot of crime , but rapists and child sex offenders I dont have any time for . They are often repeat offenders , and prison is not an ideal solution , but it least it keeps there prey safe.
    Castration seems a bit barbaric , but if they are not going to be locked up what else do you suggest? A 5 minute deviants act will /can destroy the victims life(and touch those around them ) for ever.

• As a rule,when you chop off a dogs nuts,he starts behaving much better,is it not better to test on humans instead of animals? Nonces,are surely the first in line for experimentation !!

I live by the love and light phylosophy,but I am also a realist.

Chop off their balls.

• I think I can be compasionate and to a degree understand a lot of crime , but rapists and child sex offenders I dont have any time for . They are often repeat offenders , and prison is not an ideal solution , but it least it keeps there prey safe.
    Castration seems a bit barbaric , but if they are not going to be locked up what else do you suggest? A 5 minute deviants act will /can destroy the victims life(and touch those around them ) for ever.

such crimes are the most emotionally repellant. But anyone who works in the field of child protection knows that almost all of these molesters were once tragic abuse victims themselves. When we chop off their balls should we also do the same to all their victims so we can protect our own children and grandchildren?
    What i do know Bungo (and poor itinerant child) is that the less love and compassion there is in a world (or a life) the more such monsters it will produce .
    Love and hugs to you both

• The problem with the "chop their balls off" idea is that you then have to draw the lines on exactly who qualifies and who doesn't. You also lose any chance at rehabilitation, since you can't unchop them and you still have the miscarriage of justice problem, just as you do with capital punishment. Sorry we chopped your balls off, we thought you were somebody else. If you think that far fetched, then Guilford four, Birmingham six etc etc.

• Plus having no balls would not nessicarily stop people from raping or abusing. It might if the rape or molestation was committed from a sexual intent but a ot of rapes and abuse do not come from a place of sexual desire but often from a place of power... so I can't see that chopping peoples balls off would really make that much difference.

• Not that I argree with mutlation but some offenders particularly abroad agree to or are ordered by the court to take chemical castration temp or perm Not sure if this prevent reoffending or any other details.

• I don't believe the child was mistaken about who raped her,chop off his balls with a blunt rusty knife then watch the bastard bleed to death.

• such crimes are the most emotionally repellant. But anyone who works in the field of child protection knows that almost all of these molesters were once tragic abuse victims themselves. When we chop off their balls should we also do the same to all their victims so we can protect our own children and grandchildren?
    What i do know Bungo (and poor itinerant child) is that the less love and compassion there is in a world (or a life) the more such monsters it will produce .
    Love and hugs to you both

This has been my experience too. Working in probation opened my eyes to the fact that nothing is ever black and white and whilst few victims become molesters.....the majority of molesters have been victims.

• I don't believe the child was mistaken about who raped her,chop off his balls with a blunt rusty knife then watch the bastard bleed to death.

omg- such brutal lack of compassion makes me want to cry, wouldnt it be as sadistic a lack of impulse control as the rapist?:(

• omg- such brutal lack of compassion makes me want to cry, wouldnt it be as sadistic a lack of impulse control as the rapist?:(

:ditto:

I despair for humanity sometimes. I mean, it's totally understandable that people would react angrily to such a crime, but I think you should draw a line somewhere.

• Well they say scratch a hippy and you find a tory underneath.

Heinous crime and he needs to be locked away from society as he's obviously sick, but people who call for forms of violent mutilation make me wonder.

• Probably, at least one in five 'cool peace loving' people that I've talked to about capital punishment, go along with the idea of physical violence as revenge. So it's a common enough attitude, but yeah, to me it's nasty and proven as less successful, to just to roll with the emotions of hatred and ignore the common sense of looking seriously and hard at what sorts of punishment and rehabilitation actually work, to break the cycle of behaviour.