Truck for sale soon!!! Located in Portugal :D

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I had planned to drive her back to the UK to sell but having trouble trying to raise the cash to do that so thought I'd put it out there and see if there's anyone heading to Portugal and wants a beautiful live in truck!!!

The situation is that myself and my now ex boyfriend converted her at the beginning of this year, we've now split up and need to sell her as we both own half!!! She broke down and so is in the process of being fixed at the moment by a trusted "angel" from the uk. She should be up and running again in the next couple of weeks fingers crossed!

So I just thought I'd put the feelers out and see if anyone is interested on here. Anyone want to come over to Portugal and have the adventure I had planned to have but that didn't quite happen?!

I'lll be sorry to see her go, gutted in fact but I cant afford to buy the ex's half and he cant drive and has no money either so he cant buy my half!

She's a N reg Mercedes Sprinter 308D 2.3 litre deisel 3.5 ton so you can drive on normal licence. 6 months Tax and MOT left on her. Cheap to insure, only cost me £200!

Fully insulated with Celotex (walls, ceiling, floor, back panel and fully ply lined throughout.
    One caravan window and two porthole windows.
    Wooden back panel with stained glass window and stable door which also has stained glass.
    Full size raised double bed with memory foam mattress, enough head room to sit up unless your very tall!
    Lots of storage under the seating, under the bed there is a chest of draws and more shelving/storage behind. Clothes rail.
    Kitchen area with fridge, Flavel cooker and a 2 ring hob all run on gas. Sink with tap and foot pump for water.
    Cupboards above the seating area and more storage under the oven and sink (this is where the gas is)
    Roll along water container that we put outside underneath, pipes run out of hole in floor. Also waste water container too.
    Lots of oak, along the bed and shelves. Wooden storage cupboard.
    Space for a woodburner (we left a cut out in the ply in ceiling to put a flue through) we had planned to fit one on our travels but tthis didn't happen. Gets pretty warm in there with just the oven on though!

Included in the sale will also be ....everything you'll need....the only thing i'll be taking out is my personal belongings!
    So you'll get all the pots and pans, knives and forks, big gas bottle thats hardly been used....soft furnishings, cushions memory foam mattress, pillows, duvet, door mat!...etc etc....everything you need will be in there! Lights at the moment are by battery. We didn't get round to fitting a 12v system before we left but managed fine with oil lamps and battery fairy lights! Pretty cheap to install a simple system anyway. My ex had plans for a more elaborate system to run off solar panels and power his music making equipment!

If I took her back to the uk she'd be for sale for around £6000.

So I'm open to offers close to this.
    Flights aren't expensive to Lisbon and then its a 12-13 euro coach ride to the eco community where she is at the moment.
    If she's not sold this way then I will have to try and somehow raise the cash to get her back to the UK...but I much prefer this option to be honest! Much easier and means I can just move on quicker!!!

Pictures below.....anyone want to start a new nomadic life in Portugal???! Get in touch! :clap:

DSCN7710.jpgDSCN7703.jpgDSCN7718.jpgDSCN7863.jpg

• I like it. You done a good job there.

Where did you get the porthole windows from? I have the same round mirror as you too. This is the second van I have seen with Stained Glass - both times it has made the van really nice.

I have a similar reg van, but with the Luton as well. I thought mine might be worth 4k, so it's nice to know you can get around 6.

Maybe post some pictures of the eco community where it is located as well. If people can stay there for a while after buying the van (maybe a christmas break and christmas present to themselves), it could tempt the offer.

Good luck on your sale.

Regards
    Box

• Thanks and yeah good idea I'll post some pics of the community. The website is http://www.tribodar.com

To be honest I'd be happy with less....the ex is pretty set on getting close to £6000 for it....as he did most of the work I guess its fair enough. I initially thought 4k but then people have seen it and said its worth more....so its hard to put a price....its pretty special inside I have to say we did a good job! Just such a shame I have to sell her....oh well! I'm sure I'll get another one :)

• I had thought about that but there's no one with the spare cash, and yeah it would be complicated. Better just to get rid and start again!
    To answer an above question regarding the portholes.....I found them on ebay, they are canal boat windows :)

• To be honest I'd be happy with less....the ex is pretty set on getting close to £6000 for it....as he did most of the work I guess its fair enough. I initially thought 4k but then people have seen it and said its worth more....:)

I guess the work involved in making your van is by and by. Jay (another member on here) has done loads of work to his van (12k's worth I think he said) - but he may not achieve this back when selling the van.

That being said, you have added value to the van. So I would suggest looking at what you paid for the van, and then work out what the added value may be. Add these two prices together and you have your selling price.

Regards
    Box.

• The problem with selling a live in truck is the people your trying to sell to have no money! I've spent 8k+ on mine and would be unlikely to see half that in return if I was to sell!

• I suspect Jay has hit the nail right where it hurts, I dont really know live in vans but i do know you could pick up a pretty posh fully operational camper van for that kind of money.

A converted box van isn't anywhere near as desirable to the majority of the public so you have a very small target market.

You might do better to take the box off and sell the van seperately, that way he could have his money and you could save up for a cheaper chassis/cab and remount the box on that?

• Thanks for your comments, I have thought about all these things. Obviously its not going to be easy, probably will have to try and get it back to the uk somehow. Taking the box off could be an option....but that will also cost money...I have very little at the mo....its all tied up in that truck....which is why I need to sell it! Its a nightmare! Looks like it'll be ready in next 2 weeks an there's a ferry on 13th december. Thats what I'm aiming for unless someone wants it between now and then! Fingers crossed it'll all work out and I'll get at least some of my money back. I understand what your saying about not getting back what we've spent...but it was never the intention to sell it....it was supposed to be my home for the foreseeable future!!! :/

• For an estimated price when putting the price we paid for the vehicle and what we've spent on it together...it comes to about £6000 including the money we spent on getting things done with the engine to make sure it was ready for the big trip.....
    I have friends who did a conversion like this, there truck was slightly bigger and had the bit over the cab, also had a wooburner and electrics fitted....they sold it for £8000....maybe they were lucky?!

• For an estimated price when putting the price we paid for the vehicle and what we've spent on it together...it comes to about £6000 including the money we spent on getting things done with the engine to make sure it was ready for the big trip.....
    I have friends who did a conversion like this, there truck was slightly bigger and had the bit over the cab, also had a wooburner and electrics fitted....they sold it for £8000....maybe they were lucky?!

must of been lucky, i cant remember seeing a livin go for a price like that, even the deckers ive seen arnt 8k

• Maybe list everything that has been done. What the money has been spent on.

Wood Ply: 15 boards £XYZ
    Portholes: x2 @ £XYZ
    Solar Panels: £XYZ
    Batteries: £XYZ
    Electrics: £XYZ
    Counter Top: £XYZ
    Furniture: £XYZ
    Foam: £XYZ

Total Spent = £ZYX
    + X labour hours.

It could help sway someone that is thinking of doing it themselves, but who doesn't really know how to do to it.

I purchase my van because of this. It had a door, windows, shower room, cookers, heaters, cupboards etc - all installed ready to go. THIS is why i purchased it. It had everything I thought I needed.

Admittedly, I ended up ripping most of it out again, and switching it round, but by having everything in one package, I didn't have to go buy anything else. It was ready to go! -- sort of...

I was worried about costs. Getting the van was the easy part. Getting the bits and bobs to go in the van I expected was going to be very expensive.

• I was hoping to get 4 grand for mine when I come to sell it, thats N reg too, same van but with the luton on board. I think i've added value in what I've done to mine, on top of what I paid for it.

• Well with most custom stuff it;s suck it and see, you do not get if you do nt ask. All it takes if the right person to fall in luv with a wadge in their pocket. It is a fact with most stuff that more time and money goes into them than they will ever return(the joy is in the doing), but there is every chance that if someone is in a rush or is able they may want to pay more, seems a shame to sell is there no way you could pay your share off. Anyway I'm sure you have thought about many options and once it is sold it is a clean break good luck with the sale :)

• I think its definitely a "custom" van...... put my personal stamp on it ..... hopefully someone out there will love it as much as I do and think its worth making an offer.

We paid £1500 for the van

All the stuff done to the inside plus appliances (cooker fridge etc etc) and money spent on the engine before we left comes to around, maybe just under £4500 (I have it all written down somewhere but not with me at the moment) and it took us 4 months to convert....working on it every chance we had. My ex worked 24 hour shifts so on his 3 days off he was working on it constantly plus eve's and weekends.

Like I've said before I know I'll lose money....we spent nearly 1000 euros getting it towed in Portugal plus the money we're now spending on parts and probably getting it back to the uk.

I'm just hoping for the best I can get :)

• It was the headgasket ....advised not to drive her any further ..... my ex was determined to get to Boom festival so we paid for a tow there (!!!) and then were hoping to meet someone there who could help us with a tow to the eco project which wasn't too far from Boom....but didn't have much luck so had to pay for another one....we were stuck onsite for 3 days after the festival!!! Got to the eco project and tried to work out what to do then the boyfriend dumped me and its all been a bit shit since then to be honest....looking forward to this whole ordeal being over so I can go home!!!

• Got to ask why have you been left with the sale, and you say you owe him sounds like a call for judge judy, esp if he incurred extra towing costs. Any way hope it sells well for you :)

• sorry about this but "he left her with accomodation" a broken down van in portugal.come on whatevers gone on he should be helping her out not fucking off and saying when you have sorted it out ill have my half.

• Don't be sorry. Its still accommodation, the truck was sited in a community that she willingly traveled to - in that truck. With the intention to live in that truck, when she got to the community. The truck broke down before they got to the community. Had it still been a runner, he would have left her just the same.