we only live in the world we deserve

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• im a relative newbie here and loving ncounters with so many beautiful and sometimes strange people.

Still it takes me back 30 years ago when i lived amonst a group of hippie friends, getting stoned, tripping, pulling the world apart, putting it back together, armchair philosophy and words of wisdom. Its ridiculously easy to be cynical about the world and decree how things should be. Surely it is precisely what we make it.
    But for me the real magic doesnt really begin until you start putting those thoughts and love into action. ive been extremely fortunate that i dedicated much of my life to helping traumatised children ,both in war zones and in my family orphanages in Romania and India. My kids there are growing up as awesome , simply phenomenal human beings. Its a privelege for me or anyone to be in their presence. Is such a hub of incredible good energy, must be visible from space ! Its only through actually doing good loving things not just talking, that we really create and enjoy that magical energy of the universe, both for ourselves and all those around us, when we are more alive than life, more resoundingly joyous than happy

I would like to hear what other magical experiences you all have spreading the love. How did they affect you? Even more than hearing about it, id like to be sharing them with you. Lets have more small gatherings, and do stuff:waves:

Love and hugs, David

• Hey David - I feel so frustrated with my lack of actual "doing" things, sounds like a you had a really fulfilling time in Romania / India and shows that people are not only resilient but capable of love in such difficult circumstances.

Me, I try to spread love through little kindnesses and considerations every day and by listening to and appreciating everyone I meet. The joy in my life has cumulated like a tapestry of all the strange and wonderful people I've encountered, the wise and the comedic, at a festival on on the bus.

As much as doing puts you right in the heart of the energy you refer to - I wouldn't devalue the power of the spoken / written word. After all, this is what inspires people to "do" and I have felt a lot of magic at times when what someone has said is new to me and powerfully resonates. Still agree that the "doing" part is important though!

• Hey David - I feel so frustrated with my lack of actual "doing" things, sounds like a you had a really fulfilling time in Romania / India and shows that people are not only resilient but capable of love in such difficult circumstances.

Me, I try to spread love through little kindnesses and considerations every day and by listening to and appreciating everyone I meet. The joy in my life has cumulated like a tapestry of all the strange and wonderful people I've encountered, the wise and the comedic, at a festival on on the bus.

As much as doing puts you right in the heart of the energy you refer to - I wouldn't devalue the power of the spoken / written word. After all, this is what inspires people to "do" and I have felt a lot of magic at times when what someone has said is new to me and powerfully resonates. Still agree that the "doing" part is important though!

Hi Demonax,

first i concede words can be important- yours certainly were to me! my first reply afer lots of viewings! , many thanks and big hug. Words can certainly be uplifting, but i reckon no wise words, religious texts , inspired philosopherscan ever teach us much we dont already know somewhere deep inside . As you say it resonates, but that means the truth already lies there somewhere inside all of us, and its usually beautifully simple.
    Whereas doing things is more a creative act, its more than rediscovering, its creating new energies , new possibilities, new magic.
    Doesnt have to be anything dramatic, there can be absolute magic in very small things, like just the action of beholding a flowers intricate beauty or offering a warm smile on a souless tube train. All new energy has its ripples into the universe I love the sound of the life tapestry youve been creating, I wonder if you could portray it in a painting, sculpture or with flowers in a garden design? hope i may weave some small thr.ead into its beauty sometime.

Love

• I have magical experiences every day because I see the wonder that is this earth and us people. A couple of examples: the other day while working on clearing some land a butterfly landed very close to me and basically just sat there while I worked and yeah,ok, I had a small one sided conversation with it. It showed no fear and made no attempt to fly away for quite a few minutes .Another example - I was in Dominica,in the countryside,and met a couple of small children who were amazed by my bracelets. They were only wee inexpensive things that I make loads of for everyday wear and I gave them to the children. They responded by giving me flowers from the side of the track and taking me and my partner to a couple of huts where they lived. It turned out that their parents painted the traditional artwork that is available to buy in all the tourist resorts on the island - magical!

• Same for me, I am a relative noobie too, but I honestly think that people change the world around them, and If everyone changed a small part, then it would all be a better place, simple acts of kindness on a daily basis are all thats needed, e.g. In liverpool, near to where im from, I stop and talk, have a fag or buy coffee with some of the homeless people, and genuinely they are amazing,just unfortunate people, but the majority of people just walk past. In short I think most people are too self involved to show any kind of altruism, which is just sad, it doesn't take long or cost too much to make someones day, even a few words and a smile are sometimes enough. :)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

• ghandi said: be the change you want to see in the world...and it's a good thing to live by :) i want to live in a world which is rooted to the idea of community, so i greet everyone with a smile, i listen as people talk, debrief lol, :)
    bob marley said: live the life you love, love the life you live...another good thing to bare in mind :)
    for every thought and action creates ripples that have the power to have a profound effect on everyone around us.... Much better that we hold ourselves to being ripples from a pebble dropped into still lake, rather than allowing ourselves to splash around all over the place.... Being conscious of ourselves from the inside out.
    Then it is not what we do but who we are that matters...
    Maya Angelou said: People will forget what you said and will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel :heart:

• Love the Maya Angelou quote - it's so true that for better or worse or feelings memory is so acute. And yes .... if we can only keep remembering to smile and show caring to others, things would be so much better. I love your approach Sarah. It's so do-able that everyone can do it if they will.:D

• its doable if people can find their way out of the victim mentality or culture of blame :) cos if you can do that then that means you are truly taking responsibility of self, you are self-aware and therefore can be totaly mindful of what part of yourself you are sharing with the masses and mindful that if you share anger and "but why me-isms" then this will spread out around you... The answer to "but why me" is "because it is so" or "how lucky are you to have an oppurtunity to learn something incredible about yourself" :) it's been my experience that i would get stuck in a rut, in a way of being, and it's usually required a hefty boot up the jacksy from the universe to get going forward again... Nowadays i flow and try and throw love at everything whilst maintaining distance from things that get me down and make me feel exhausted :)
    so it's entirely do-able... But quite possibly a very scary way of being for those who cannot fathom never blaming anyone else for anything ever again, least of all themselves ;)