The Definitive Travelling Scrapbook Thread

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Right.....it is now in my possession!! Seeing as colours has dropped out, the next person is claireaitchbee and then me. I'm going to deliver it in person this week and we can probably do our entries together, meaning it will go back out pretty quickly. My mum has a city link account so it will go out tracked and signed for to Sensi in the near future.

In the meanwhile I'll photograph it and stick some piccies up over the weekend.

Lets get this baby back on the road!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• P.s. I've unstickied the out of date threads and just stickied this one in the hope of avoiding confusion. In case you wondered where they went :)

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Right..... I have now photographed every page in the scrapbook, uploaded it to photobucket and now am going to attempt to share them with you. I've done all this from my phone so far, and have no idea how to resize them so please live with it if they are too big. Here goes......

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe that worked first time!!

• Helloooo UK Hippy peeps...
    Here is mine.. will pass it back to stardust, so she can pass it on...
    We would both like to do something with the cover.. does anyone object?? maybe give it some knotwork or cover it in fabric or make it look more booklike or something?
    any suggestions?

• Where's the list? Am I on it? I can't remember :S

It's earlier on in the thread. If you're not on it and want to be, just copy and paste it into a post and add your name to the bottom :)

• Post by hippyvik ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.

• We would both like to do something with the cover.. does anyone object?? maybe give it some knotwork or cover it in fabric or make it look more booklike or something?

But wasn't the cover drawn with loads of squares for different people to fill in and add to? I seem to remember doing that, but it's so long ago now that my memory is hazy.

• But wasn't the cover drawn with loads of squares for different people to fill in and add to? I seem to remember doing that, but it's so long ago now that my memory is hazy.

The cover is just plain. It's the first page that has all the bits for people to add their colouring in of the letters.

• Sensi has it :)

• what a pleasure to see the scanned images - after reading through the turmoil-posts about 'lost book' - it was enlightening how even before it was clear exactly what the book was, it became an object of desire, just from reading about the struggle x

• Happy New Year Travelling Scrapbook...
    Just to say that the scrapbook is with me and has been since early november.
    I know that Weecab definatley wants to make some marks on the book so will try and get that sorted within the next few weeks and then get the book moving again....
    BOZ is next on the list so am gonna PM her now and make some arrangements for getting it sent off to her within the next couple of weeks (all being well).
    I'm really sorry for hanging on to it for far too long - I had every intention of taking the book over to Exmoor on Yule so that colours could finally get to put something in it but I was really ill and totally forgot to pack the book!
    Rest assured it is safe and warm and been soaking up some mega reiki vibes for the next recipient and all further recipients to enjoy ;) I'll photograph everything we've put in it since the last time it was photographed, before we send it onwards :)

• I thought it was only being being sent to regular posters on UKH? I can't remember the last time Boz was on here, she is definitely missed though x

• I thought it was only being being sent to regular posters on UKH? I can't remember the last time Boz was on here, she is definitely missed though x

Aww Vik :D I've been gone a while because I've been quite busy but I still scan read threads occasionally.

Edit: oh now look what I've gone and done. Got sucked into a thread about how bad racist people are. This is why I only read the creative arts threads! Haha.

• Exactly. Too many plans, new job, new goals. I've got my thinking cap on for the book so as soon as it gets here I can do my piece and pass it on asap. I'm pretty excited its got this far.