land to park up on..

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• i've registered on here because i was reading a thread about "parking up on your own land" and i wanted to reply to it..... but i cant find it.....

ah well.

anyway, what i was going to say was that i've got some land in sweden (which has a house on it - which i own. but dont live in). and as far as i am concerned, if anyone wants to park up over here, on this land, they'd be welcome.

there are plenty of trees, feel free to chop some down for firewood. if there is trouble with plod - just refer them to me and i'll sort it out. (i'll tell them you're working on the land for me. and live on the bus/truck or whatever during the day and in the house at night! but i doubt they'll care).

and feel free to clear as much of the land as you like and plant veg. or keep chickens. or whatever.

the downside?
    1. its sweden. so very brrrrrr....... for quite a lot of the year. (but you could just use it for the warmer half of the year?).
    2. the site is sort of hidden and has no neighbours. but the road is pretty busy. but then - behind - there is nothing but mile after mile after mile of forest.

well there you are.

sick of being moved on in the uK? or beaten up in france? try snowy sweden!

• sweden is 1000 miles long... from malmo in the south to a patch of marsh and tundra in the north.

fortunately, that house is only 100 miles north of malmo.
    not far from a small city called växjö.

• Who said we're pervy??

Road trip to Sweden sounds fun!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• sweden is 1000 miles long... from malmo in the south to a patch of marsh and tundra in the north.

fortunately, that house is only 100 miles north of malmo.
    not far from a small city called växjö.

Ive been to Malmo, beautiful place. Sweden in general is. But very expensive!

• What's the price of fuel like? Coz for people living in vans, that's gonna be the main expense!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• diesel is 15 Kronor a litre just now... which, according to google is about 1.40£ a litre.
    i dont know how that compares to the uk as i haint been there for donkeys years.

simon, yes, agreed. it would be nice if it was warmer...!

• Pretty much the same. I filled up the other day for £1:35, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule!

• The most I've ever managed to get in my tank is £36. I think I'll be stopping a lot!

• If anyone wants to go via direct ferry to Sweden, then expect it to be very expensive. Might be worth speaking to a new freight ferry service called North Sea Roro. They only have limited passenger space and might not be able to help, but they are the cheapest service I know of direct to Sweden. Had good reports from the freight drivers I have sent on it.

• Yes, there is no passenger service now, but DFDS take passengers on their freight service (if they have space). I was told by someone I know that they tried to book a land rover on it and it cost a fortune. You will get a better price with North Sea Roro if they are prepared to take your vehicle.