Anyone going Avebury?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hey, I think I just messaged you about Avebury after seeing your Stonehenge post!

I will be going to Avebury with a few other regular attendees of the solstices!

• Hiya guys, I'm heading there on Tuesday from the Reading area. Will find somewhere to set up camp which means waking on Wednesday to the longest day, then camping overnight to leave on Thursday. Hopefully I'll be coming down with my friend, but always interested in meeting new faces!

If anyone wants a lift from Reading are I'm happy to car-share as I have an Espace with plenty of space, but I may be going on from Avebury to find some secluded beach on the South Coast on the Thursday to do some camping there & can't offer a lift back X

• The Avebury campsite only has only 100 tent spaces and its first come first serve, a lady I emailed said to try to get there near the time it opens at 9. Not sure where else there is to camp, never been there before there. Anyone know if there is any cheap hotels in Swindon? I might need to get there the night before in that case.

• So, had a fantastic time. Naffed off the 'official' campsite (sniffer dogs? forget it) and headed down to the ridgeway, much better atmosphere. Met lots of great people, well recommended.

• So, had a fantastic time. Naffed off the 'official' campsite (sniffer dogs? forget it) and headed down to the ridgeway, much better atmosphere. Met lots of great people, well recommended.

Sniffer dogs were only there as a face to ward of people selling shit. They never sniffed me out.