Another Stealth Theft off the Public .

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ref from Radio 2 News .

The Goverment is now changing the situation of Fining House Holders for Incorrect Disposal of Recycled Household Waste.

The new plan is to Fine Householders a Maximum of £80 , reduced to £40 iff paid within a certain time limit
    {this i take it iff you put the wrong things in the wrong Bin} .

The Opposition Government said that although they had Penalties for inpropper recycling conduct by householders ,theres was targetted at Fly Tippers and blatent abuse of Codes of conduct resulting in Large Fines up to £1000 in some cases . Though there Stats were very low in doing so .

To me it looks like another Money making Scam by this present Government to Blitz our Bins to make money for the Local Council to generate more money on a smaller scale , like Car Parking Attendents .

I realise that we have to Recycle , but one slip of a jar in the wrong Bin , £80 please .

• Yes I heard this too, my neighbour aint the brightest of buttons, so she used to put what she thought might be able to be recycled into the specific bins, although she was never fined she got a few bollockings, so now she wont recycle anything, everything goes into the one rubbish bin.

• Yes I heard this too, my neighbour aint the brightest of buttons, so she used to put what she thought might be able to be recycled into the specific bins, although she was never fined she got a few bollockings, so now she wont recycle anything, everything goes into the one rubbish bin.

To me , now there doing this , its just a case of , you put something in the wrong bin , its only £80 , so pay up and shut up ,its only a small fine .

• To me , now there doing this , its just a case of , you put something in the wrong bin , its only £80 , so pay up and shut up ,its only a small fine .

This just sounds like total bullshit to me. How could they possibly enforce it? Without padlocks on your recycling bins, there's no way they could make this stand up to a legal challenge. "You put a glass bottle in with the paper!". "No I didn't. It was as passing drunk". Case dismissed.

• This just sounds like total bullshit to me. How could they possibly enforce it? Without padlocks on your recycling bins, there's no way they could make this stand up to a legal challenge. "You put a glass bottle in with the paper!". "No I didn't. It was as passing drunk". Case dismissed.

Iwould like to think you were rite , but how many genuine honest peeps would make a slight mistake and admit it , how many peeps just havnt got the time to be messing around with Magistrates Courts iff they contested they were innocent ,

Then theres like you said , people putting there rubbish in other peoples bins ,
    But it doesnt always come out as Justice being done in Court iether , they listen to your explanation , go out the room for a quick chat and come back and tell someone who is innocent of the Violation and tell them there is a case to be answered because it was in your Bin ,

• Iwould like to think you were rite , but how many genuine honest peeps would make a slight mistake and admit it , how many peeps just havnt got the time to be messing around with Magistrates Courts iff they contested they were innocent

It only takes one, and the whole system collapses. No government (or local authority) in their right mind would introduce a system that wouldn't stand up to the first legal challenge.

I'll believe it when it happens. Until then, it's just more noise and nothing to waste any time worrying about.

• Well im not personaly worried about it , im just a bit hostile in thought about how these Governments think they can put a ring through our noses and try and lead us anywere .

• The version I heard (Radio 4 Today) was that the fines were actually being reduced, with a view to being phased out altogether.

• The version I heard (Radio 4 Today) was that the fines were actually being reduced, with a view to being phased out altogether.

I wouldnt be surprised iff you did hear conflicting reports than those i heard on Radio 2 , {News media etc}
    But cant realy see them phasing them out as its a money earner for local governments , and easy targeting on residents .

• They do random check in our area of your waste bin to make sure your recycling
    Lady arrives with two guys clear plastic sack and gloves
    Old lady across I look after Steve puts her rubbish in my bin and her recycling in ours saves her walking up the garden
    She got a phone call asking why she wasent putting her. Recycle bin out
    Then they came to check
    Bloody waste of time
    I wouldn't be surprised if they tried this system to be honest