I got me a trike!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• It's super weird to ride

Just guessing, when you turn, does it feel like it's going to fall over into the turn? My mum had a trike once when she was up in Lincolnshire and bike-riding moi couldn't get my head around riding it because it felt so precarious (despite being so stable)!

• Looks like a Pashley Tradesman with the square tubing. Loadstar I think they called it.
    I sound like an anorak, but recycling bikes & trikes of all kinds and doing workshops on maintenance at Green Gathering and other festivals, also electric bikes is my living.
    I wish I had one when my lot were younger

• Will have to try get a pic of mine up :) PTM I have found going over road humps dodgy. I have to aim for the middle or risk tipping. Trouble is often traffic tries forcing me in :( if i can work out how to get my pics from Facebook I'll add them to your thread :) mine is a Pashley but sadly some one painted over the badge :(

• Will have to try get a pic of mine up :) PTM I have found going over road humps dodgy. I have to aim for the middle or risk tipping. Trouble is often traffic tries forcing me in :( if i can work out how to get my pics from Facebook I'll add them to your thread :) mine is a Pashley but sadly some one painted over the badge :(

I have the same problems with road humps on my mobility scooter too. And don't even get me started on people that park over the dropped curbs !! Or the councils that don't even bother to do dropped curbs grrrr, ok calm down rant over :)

• Love it :thumbup:

And don't even get me started on people that park over the dropped curbs !! Or the councils that don't even bother to do dropped curbs grrrr, ok calm down rant over :)

Add folk who park in disabled spots without a blue badge to that one. Lancaster and Preston are extremley bad

• I really need to get more photos! I have a gorgeous new Brooks saddle for mine, but still not had time to do the respray.

So excited you got one, Freespirit :D Pics please!

Yeah, the road bumps are a bit scary. I have to admit that on busy roads, or roads with a very uneven surface near the curb (which is a surprising number, for some reason) I use the pavement. It's no wider than a double buggy, and I go slow. I'm confident cycling on the road on two wheels, but it's too precarious with the trike on the busy and bumpy roads.

• That looks great I can't ride a trike, I've ridden race bicycles so much that all my instincts are wrong for riding a trike. when I tried I ended up going entirely the wrong way and running into a wall!