Big Brother is already here!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• New plans to make access to all our emails and phone calls easier for government bodies is likely to happen soon..

They have been storing ALL calls and emails for some time in the UK,but access was supposedly only allowed for serious stuff..these could be accessed only with permission of a judge.

It seems the government will be able to keep tabs on anyone they suspect of a misdemeanor before long!

• Not that we should go into a mad panic whenever we see videos like this, but its surely the nature of any government to have records about us, that's the only way they can be sure we've paid. Until I'm stuck in a booth re-writing history and being disturbed from my sexy time with the lovely Julia by a helicopter and bunch of peeping tom storm troopers I'll try not to worry!

• Post by poi2006 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by efier698 ().

• Big Brother has been here for quite a while now. Merimda, the danger is not in the holding of records but in the ability of Governments and the security services to analyse and trawl through those records very efficiently just because they feel like it and not for any genuine admiistrative reason. Things like tracking everywhere we travel for example, with systems that flag up people who suddenly make a journey out of their normal pattern because that is deemed to be a sign of possible terrorist activity.

• I travel in and out of this country every week, going out no check other than the odd scan,
    Coming back everyone is checked, every time, instead of checking possible "suspect" persons.
    This causes the travel service, ferry or tunnel to be very slow in comparison to the rest of the EU border checks.
    Control freaks at their worst!

• This concerns me more than anything, as far as Big Brother society is concerned.

As a general rule, what happens in America will always happen over here eventually. And getting school children programmed to accept being RFID chipped means that they'll turn into adults who accept being RFID chipped. Then once the Americans have accepted it, (which they will, because it will be sold to them as an anti terrorist device) then we'll have no chance of avoiding it over here.

Which scares the hell out of me far more than having my emails read. :insane:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• This concerns me more than anything, as far as Big Brother society is concerned.

I can't get over that this was ever thought a good idea! :eek:

When renewing my car insurance this year it asked if I was willing to have a tracker on my car and that it could 'reduce my insurance' - people must be agreeing to this. No way I would, I don't want people to know where I am every minute.

• I travel in and out of this country every week, going out no check other than the odd scan,
    Coming back everyone is checked, every time, instead of checking possible "suspect" persons.
    This causes the travel service, ferry or tunnel to be very slow in comparison to the rest of the EU border checks.
    Control freaks at their worst!

This reminds me when boarding the Eurostar, going out of London you only go through the ticket barrier then the metal detector before having your passport checked. However, going out of Paris was a different matter. Not only was having my passport checked by the French Border police not enough, I had to have it checked again by the UK Border Agency at another kiosk further down and this was the line for EU citizens. I dread to think what Non-EU have to go through.

• Post by rainbowliving ().