waiting for a fine

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Well, I've been accused by northern rail of jumping a train (something i'd never do, of course ;))
    so they sent out a letter:

"please respond with your reason for doing this"
    I read through the letter, and find no phone number, just a P.O. box return address, and a fill-out slip asking for my personal information.

thusly ignored.

couple of weeks, or months, later, i get another letter through the door
    "you have been found guilty of this offence, please pay up £83"
    and on reading the letter, at the end, was just another tear off slip asking for my banks details.

This has also been duly ignored.

anyone have any experience/advice with this?

• That sounds like a total scam. I would treat it the same as you would treat any scam after your bank details, report it or ignore it. Apart from anything else, you never pay anything by giving bank details.

• the thing that bothered me the most about it all was there was no phone number and just a P.O. box. spoke to my lawyer and JSA advisor, neither of them could find any number/street address so they both told me to ignore any correspondence until the court date. this is the first time i've ever done anything like this so it's kind of scary, but i'll not be forced into paying by anyone.

• Those letters are scams to get peoples personal information, I got sent one once saying they were looking for somebody who might live at my address, at the bottom was a section wanting my personal details for saying the person they wanted did not live at my address. I showed it to my residence manager and also a police detective, they were both convinced they are scam letters. Plus, the letter had the most un-proffessional letterhead i'd ever seen and there was no signature at the bottom of the paper, no contact number, just some shitty address to send it to. I put it in the bin, never got anymore of them.

• Its a total Scam ,believe :thumbup:.

I was also wondering ,after watching Anne Robinson on Watch Dog a few weeks ago ,when she passed a comment on Legalities , though im not stupid myself , but was just wondering ? , {she passed a comment about people requiring your personel info }those only allowed to enforce it are The Police.

Istopped at Oxford South Services {M40} Free parking up to 2 hrs max , i fell asleep for 4 hrs then left ,, five days later i got a letter off private company looking after the services car park ,, EAGLE EYE , with pic of my Van entering and leaving ,2 hrs after stated free parking .

Cost of Fine £90 but £60 iff you pay within 14 days otherwise it goes up then up even more considerably .

OK , i"ll admit i paid it within 14 days {£60} i realy wonder iff these {PRIVATE} Parking areas have the power to enforce none payment .

Does anyone know ,, would be gratefull so to be prepared for a next time .. Much appreciated . :piggy:

• dont be afraid to challange offical fines as well

i once parked a motorbike in a free parking spot for motor bikes in newquay cornwall, came backto find i was blocked in by a load of scooters, came back an houir later to find a fine posted on bike for obstruction, i challanged it , said take me to court, they backed down and even sent me a apology letter, mentioning press and news papers helps

then one dayn water boARD threatned to sue me for non payment of water bill to a shop that had no water, the letters bACK and forth were monty python mirth
    i said i had no water and never had water, so then they tried to sue me foir water running off a flat above that i already paid for, fine i said, i would charge the water boardstorage as more water came under my door from the street than went out ofthe property\

went on for three years but i won in the end , again saying sue me in court and watch the fun in the news papers helped

another friend hippy john, recently got took to court for driving with no insurance in a van,
    he claimed common law, and asked the jps to show him thier oathes , some thing you are allowed to do, the jps refused and walked out of court , leaving john afree man, even the copper was amazed

sl challange it all sometimes you win, if you lose its cost you nothing extra

• Post by tam ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().

• Post by tam ().