Barefooters, hands up here!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• According the the "gait" man I got sent to yes, you do more of a shuffle than a proper walk in flip flops, and as I am nearly 6ft, I also wore lots of flat shoes, which are not to brill, we need to support our arches :D You could stick little arch supports on them?

• According the the "gait" man I got sent to yes, you do more of a shuffle than a proper walk in flip flops, and as I am nearly 6ft, I also wore lots of flat shoes, which are not to brill, we need to support our arches :D You could stick little arch supports on them?

good call,tho no feet problems so far-unless you count the mud,wolfy gets my feet clean,obsessed with licking them,i love it ,it makes me doze...:waves:

• I love going barefoot and do any oppertunity . I am not that worried by cold , and prefer to drive BF , which was bad when we went on holiday and i forgot to take any shoes!, I got chucked out of a resteraunt for being BF , and was pissed off as it seemed ok to be in there in a bikini( poolside restraunt), H&S gone mad, broken glass was there reason .

I kind of have two modes, welingtons or barefeet

We have a very hung up society in GB , In a lot of countries barefeet are not even blinked at,

• Getting a bit cold for BF now. Having to wear pumps almost full time now although if the weather isn't too bad I wear my "barefoot pumps" basically shoes with the soles cut out. My feet are still in contact with the earth but seem covered. It stops a lot of silly comments plus I can get into places that would usually refuse me. Roll on summer

• Post by musicarama ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I love being bf and always am indoors and in the garden!! My children have followed my ways and I really struggle to get my 2 year old in shoes! When she wears them she says her feet can't feel where she's going hahaha x

• I love barefeet but have bad circulation.

People that are worried about treading on glass should try these. First time I have looked at that site in years & I see their range has expanded hugely, I have the classic which give a feeling like being barefoot but protects you from nasties. However be warned that stepping on a stone still hurts a lot :S

To the people with fallen arches, surely this is a modern thing caused by excessive shoe wearing creating weak arches? Bare foot is natural, billions of people around the world do it every day without suffering, shoes are a relatively modern invention that weren't available to the masses until fairly recently. There are studies arguing both cases so it's hard to prove & of course both sides have vested interests.

Edit: I see vibram have barefoot shoes for cold weather usage, I may have to try some though they're very expensive.

• I love to be barefoot, and drive practically everywhere with barefeet. I do find that in Britain people don't know how to take people without shoes on and that you get really funny looks and comments. I wish people would except that everyone is different and like different things.

• I love to be barefoot, and drive practically everywhere with barefeet. I do find that in Britain people don't know how to take people without shoes on and that you get really funny looks and comments. I wish people would except that everyone is different and like different things.

Yes I agree. I barefoot whenever I can. Luckily I don't have too many problems - I
    usually have a reply ready for stupid comments.

There is a quite new forum site - which is an offshoot of the SBL (society of barefoot living) which is a lot friendlier than SBL's mailing list.

Either:
    http://www.bfmike.com
    Or
    The barefootersforum

Give it a look - I'm on there!

• mydogsinspace ... people actually make comments? god that's aweful. round where I live you just get strange looks, but everyone is too up their own arse to say anything to your face so it's okay :)

and i'll tell you what, when we plaster over mother earth, it doesnt feel anywhere as good as what she can provide as a walkway, and to whomever said about grip? your toes can grip sooo well when you train up their strength a bit, its just that we dont use them often enough :)

I'm going to go to barefoot soon, first time doing it for any period of time officiall (if you know what I mean) and i'm sure walking all over will hurt at first, but we all need to get our feet a bit stronger, they have become... pathetic ghosts of what they once were :)

• Absolutely! I go barefoot whenever I can - fortunately the major risks around the canals are only dogshit and thorns; the first is easy to spot (usually) and the thorns are normally found by the cyclists first.

I grew up abroad and was nornally without shoes; when I came here to go to school, shoes were a nightmare - especially all the polishing: never really got a grasp on all that.

• I go barefoot loads, the main reason being that it feels amazing, and makes even the smallest trip 100 times more exciting. I never really run into any difficulties and can't understand why so many people look so stunned when they see me walking around barefoot. I would love to meet up with other barefoot people and hang out. We should organise a meeting some time! Imagine a whole group of barefooters just wandering around together!

• I love being barefoot and when I put shoes on, my feet feel all weird as if they're in prison. So now I can only wear soft shoes.

I actually just love being naked, with the breeze around my nethers. I especially love being naked outside. I really don't understand what the point is in clothes (other than warmth obviously). Running around with my bits hanging out......blissssssssssss:clap: Was that TMI????

• Can't remember if I've posted in here before, but I love going barefoot :) Hate shoes, and hate socks more! Have to wear them for work unfortunately but they both come off asap when I get home :D

• Gosh, my very first post in an awfully long time :wave:

I go barefoot almost all the time round the house and garden, except if it's really cold, and I often pick up little things that have fallen on the floor with my toes ~ is that odd do you think:S

I had a prolapsed disc a few years ago and found that the only shoes I could wear comfortably wear were Crocs and I've virtually lived in them ever since! They support my feet well and I find it really hard to wear "proper" shoes now!

The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths to it are not found but made, and the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination. - John Schaar

• picking up things with feet is not wierd at all :)

i often reach a point when im drinking at home that i wont do something unless i can reach it from the couch. I picked up a bottle of bacardi with my toes the other day, and thank god, i was loosing my buzz :P

• I love being barefoot and when I put shoes on, my feet feel all weird as if they're in prison. So now I can only wear soft shoes.

I actually just love being naked, with the breeze around my nethers. I especially love being naked outside. I really don't understand what the point is in clothes (other than warmth obviously). Running around with my bits hanging out......blissssssssssss:clap: Was that TMI????

Bliss indeed, with you all the way Persia :D

• I used to coach a guy who ran marathons barefoot (I coached him for swimming) It never occured to me until he pointed it out that I worked in my bare feet. I suppose I did for 10 years in the water. He was always on at me to try running barefoot and I was always chickening out.

• I'd love to live barefoot.. but then again I love trainers soo, plus isn't ir worrying, standing on things, the risk of infections etc and how do you avoid this? Do you walk around the city barefoot? I once saw a woman in Manchester just chilling, walking along barefoot and she seemed so FREE it was fab

• I once saw a woman in Manchester just chilling, walking along barefoot and she seemed so FREE it was fab

I walk around Manchester barefoot! Just watch where ya walking and it's fine, liberating feeling as long as you're good at ignoring people who stare, obviously..

• I worked like a few good miles on day and on the long journey back my and my mate just thought hey these shoes are rubbing so we went bare foot and it feels just amazing! just most time I'm go out at dark (dumpster diveing and no people about) so I'd have be carefull and if I did labouring in bare feet , I don't think I would have any feet!