Need help? Maybe i could do something!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hello there!
    I'm a bike mechanic, but i'm currently finishing the conversion of my second living vehicle, this one being an Iveco 59.12 coach. First one was a 1996 Transit.
    I think i could give a fair good help to people who are willing to do stuff like that.
    I could probably dig some stuff out of my workshop to help! Like i've stripped a caravan to just keep couple of things and stored the usefull rest, scrapped the chassis.... I know i know, but i needed the space!

On the top of a word of advice, maybe i could help you with my hands too! Well, if i know i can do it :)

Basically i'm on here to offer some mechanical advices!

Oh, and i may know a couple of places around to sleep overnight pretty quietly ;)
    I'm in Hampshire, not far from the Wilshire border.

Julien The Frenchman

• Thanks to you all!
    I sure look forward for the people i'll meet on here!

SlowPace, Your bus look pretty nice too, did you too made it yourself?

I was wondering if there was a sort of mechanical advices forum... Sure there is ;)
    Will hopefully be able to join soon!

• Look at the nomadic living section, there are all sorts of things in there. :D

• Hi Julien, welcom to UKH. I have just bought a minibus to convert, I may message you if I get stuck, it's a very lovely offer.

Sure don't hesitate to send me a message! You can have a look on my profile, i got some picture of what i did in mine ;) And this was last year, i'm now fitting all the water system in!! ;)

• I took a look at your pictures, you've done a lot of work, I think my van may be more basic than yours. I'm going to start with the things that the DVLA require to register it as a campervan. Then if I feel brave I may get round to a water system and some proper electrics.

• Hello!
    Now where to start....
    The exhaust is about to drop off my car, we need some new floorboards in the kitchen, the bath/shower/calorifier need plumbing in, bathroom needs tiling, hull needs blacking and the allotment needs attention....are you free saturday? ;)

Welcome :)

• Hello!
    Now where to start....
    The exhaust is about to drop off my car, we need some new floorboards in the kitchen, the bath/shower/calorifier need plumbing in, bathroom needs tiling, hull needs blacking and the allotment needs attention....are you free saturday? ;)

Welcome :)

Funny you say that, i think i'm free saturday ;)
    On a more realistic way, tilling isn't my thing at all, unless you want it wonky and not really water tight!
    I do prefer work with engine grease and pil on my hands ;)
    About your exhaust, it may worth a look at it... Temporary fix could be done with a can of beer and a couple of jubilee clip! But really, exhaust parts are fairly cheap now and you better get a new piece of it. Well it's cheap unles you're driving a big Merc estate of something like that ;)

Thanks for the welcoming message! x

• I took a look at your pictures, you've done a lot of work, I think my van may be more basic than yours. I'm going to start with the things that the DVLA require to register it as a campervan. Then if I feel brave I may get round to a water system and some proper electrics.

I have done a basic van, a transit with just some beds, all the kitchen and stuff was in boxes, it was more of a day-van than a living camper.
    Beware with DVLA, they ask you more than you could think! I'll let you know how i'm getting on with mine as the bus is still registered as a bus, not a camper yet!

I knew i had something about this somewhere in my bookmarks!

http://www.caravanwise.co.uk/motor/diycamper.html