Michael Gove suggests 'the people' give HM a new royal yacht

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2…ubilee-gove?newsfeed=true

I couldn't believe this when I heard it this morning. And where is the money coming from? WE HAVEN'T GOT ANY you stupid Tory fuckwit....that's what you keep telling us.

Every time I see Michael Gove on the box I can't help feeling that someone needs to deck him. He really lives on Planet Elsewhere.

FFS Mikey - we need money put into our schools, esp to kids who aren't engaged. Do your job and stop fishing for a knighthood you fucking wanker......(yes, I am so incensed I am resorting to foul language....)

All Tories should be made to live in the Inner City to see what life is really like for the majority of peeps.

Grrrrrrrr:wall:

edit - sorry peeps but in the interest of balanced (?!) information I had to include this one - even if it's just for a laugh ( cos we know it's crap) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new…ou.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

bee kind....build a bee a house...
    bee a honey....plant a bee lovely blooms

The post was edited 1 time, last by mama bee ().

• He reminds me of a kid at school who was a snitch but tended to exaggerate and loved getting everyone into trouble and was a real suck up to the teachers....

• He reminds me of a kid at school who was a snitch but tended to exaggerate and loved getting everyone into trouble and was a real suck up to the teachers....

You mean a little shit, like George osborne, who was Hung upside-down in university until he admitted that he was a little shit.

• You mean a little shit, like George osborne, who was Hung upside-down in university until he admitted that he was a little shit.

they should do that with all the cabinet.....i'd pay money even......

• michael gove can buy them a fucking yacht if he wants to, obsequious brown-nosing dickhead that he is.

actually we could buy them a yacht, take them for a spin, and do a 'robert maxwell' with the whole lot of them.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• Could always rig the engine to blow off the somali coast? What's the Uk Government stance on ransom payments? Could be interesting.....

I live on a sound lil Narrowboat with me dog.pagan and happy in my skin,single and chilled

• michael gove can buy them a fucking yacht if he wants to

but not on expenses of course....

what I want to know is WHY do we have to give the Queen anything? she's got a job for life with perks. some peeps have been working and paying into pension funds for years and then they don't get what they should and others can't even get a job. then there are those who can't even get a home......how about spending some money on a sustainably green social housing project that would provide work and training not to mention decent homes for some of these peeps instead. who the hell voted MG as an MP anyway? perhaps they should pay for it? that's the solution then, if you voted for Mr Gove you have to pay for the yacht, it was his idea.

• mama bee, the thing you're forgetting is that the queen is the queen and therefore very important, whereas the rest of us are vile subservient scumbags and of no consequence. therefore, we don't deserve a yacht like what she does in all her regal majesty and suchlike. :p

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• remember britannia? hospital ship,training ship, accomodation ship. used by the board of trade as a show case of british goods etc.
    only a small amount of her time was spent on royal duties.
    yes it,s fashionable to knock the royals and i agree there are far too many hangers on,but the immediate royal family are held in high regard around the world and help earn this country millions in exports.
    so yes build the ship,built in britain showing british skills and expertise.
    yup i,m a royalist and proud of it

• That's not the issue though Harry. Michael Gove hasn't proposed a ship that could be used as a Hospital ship, or a showcase for British Engineering or anything else. He's simply saying he wants to spend sixty million quid on a new yacht as a present for the Queen. We are already going to spend a fortune on Jubilee celebrations, this is just Michael Gove being a massive Toady because he hopes to get a Knighthood. Read his letter, its obvious. He doesn't care whether the Navy gets a new Hospital Ship! He is in charge of schools, which will be enough trouble with budget cuts across the board and he ought to be spending his time and effort there, it's a disgrace.

• That's not the issue though Harry. Michael Gove hasn't proposed a ship that could be used as a Hospital ship, or a showcase for British Engineering or anything else. He's simply saying he wants to spend sixty million quid on a new yacht as a present for the Queen. We are already going to spend a fortune on Jubilee celebrations, this is just Michael Gove being a massive Toady because he hopes to get a Knighthood. Read his letter, its obvious. He doesn't care whether the Navy gets a new Hospital Ship! He is in charge of schools, which will be enough trouble with budget cuts across the board and he ought to be spending his time and effort there, it's a disgrace.

not to mention the fact that they announced 300 naval jobs to go this year. if they are going to build a ship then it will have to go to tender and it will probably be made not in the uk anyway.

unky joo joo...disgrace is putting it mildly.....have you been on the valerian!?

ooo and by the way ZEE - thi is in the edit - she wouldn't be queen if she didn't have us - she'd be queen of nothing.

• ...the immediate royal family are held in high regard around the world and help earn this country millions in exports.

yup i,m a royalist and proud of it

I've got mild Republican sympathies, but I can't argue the point above. The Royals do cost us a few quid each to support, but the net income they generate is many times that. Switching over to a republican system would cut off that source of income.

Also there is the small matter of tens of billions that would be fleeced off us by lawyers unpicking hundreds of years of legislation between state & crown.

As for me chipping in to buy an 85 yearold millionaire a yacht as a jubilee present - with the greatest respect to Her Majesty, she can fcuk off & buy her own.