What is it?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I normally defend ugly vehicles, cos most of them are still cute, even if it's in an alien looking way. But my god, that is ugly as sin. Saw one at a VW show once and they aren't any prettier in the flesh.

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• It has to be said that the anti-VW bias on here is thoroughly underwhelming as well as un convincing: the hideous green condition is rearing it's ugly head. :clap: This is a rare, classic vehicle of great beauty and undoubtedly a good buy for someone. The thing is, you see my fellow hippies/travellers, like all VW's, it will only rise in value, unlike the Ford (Forever off road) Transit, glorified works van that it is..... :hippy::whistle: :waves:

• As one who is currently looking for my mobile home on the road, I had to take a look and ......... I love it.How can you say it is ugly? It is so cute.If I lived alone I would love it.Really classy looking lady,methinks.:cool::cool:

• :hippy: At last, Spanishpeach, someone with taste who recognises sheer class when she sees it ! Go for it, hun ! Don't be afraid to step outside the box, my fellow hippy/travellers. Is diversity not what we're about, as well as sustainability ? :thumbup: :waves:

have you seen the stars tonight;

Toby.

• It has to be said that the anti-VW bias on here is thoroughly underwhelming as well as un convincing: the hideous green condition is rearing it's ugly head. :clap: This is a rare, classic vehicle of great beauty and undoubtedly a good buy for someone. The thing is, you see my fellow hippies/travellers, like all VW's, it will only rise in value, unlike the Ford (Forever off road) Transit, glorified works van that it is..... :hippy: :whistle: :waves:

Are you kidding, I LOVE VW's! An old splitscreen samba is one of my dream vehicles, either that or a crew cab pickup. Realistically i'll probably never own one unless I win the Lotto, and it wouldn't be big enough to do anything but weekend in cos twould be a squeeze with 3 of us plus dogs, but i'm very much a VW fan!

That thing, though? Come on, even if you can appreciate how rare it is or how old it is or how clever it is, it's still ugly as sin. It looks like an angry turtle!

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• It has to be said that the anti-VW bias on here is thoroughly underwhelming as well as un convincing: the hideous green condition is rearing it's ugly head. :clap: This is a rare, classic vehicle of great beauty and undoubtedly a good buy for someone. The thing is, you see my fellow hippies/travellers, like all VW's, it will only rise in value, unlike the Ford (Forever off road) Transit, glorified works van that it is..... :hippy: :whistle: :waves:

pray tell mr dieseldog in your infinite wisdom,just what a vw van was intended for then?
    even vw admit the old aircooled models had a very limited projected life span.then of course they became fashionable.
    from an engieering point of view,under powered,poor fit of inferior metal panels and built as cheap transport for the masses,same as the beetle.the lt versions never really caught on as,size for size poor load capacity [weight wise] and serious corrosion problems.
    am not saying the transit is without it,s problems though.
    ever since the transit first came out it has been the benchmark of light to middle weight vans.
    but as i,ve said before,each to their own,:pp

• Must be a vw infected with caravanitis!!! My first car was a 1968 vw beetle. I remember reversing it into a brick fence. The fence was damaged, the car barely scratched. I have never sat in a vehicle that was so much fun to drive. Problem is it kept breaking down and after getting an engine recondition and another break down I traded it in for a Ford. I have only every purchased Fords since then and am more than happy with my Mrk3 Ford Transit van. It's rarely off road.