Do you talk to Animals ?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• sheep apparently are surprisingly complex creatures. .

No they arnt believe me.

well ok they like to stick together when spooked, they also spread out, they follow each other, some are just dammed evil one went for my knee once on the moors when i was trying to catch it, it twisted it to buggery and its clicked ever since, dammed thing, me mum has had the same thing happen to her, they just ram your knees with them horns, some are lovely though all a bit silly, i think the hiearcy of inttelligence goes

cat. dog, pig, goat, cow then ........near the bottom sheep they are stupid things all though some are dammed clever.

• I'll talk to most animals. And wild birds: I'm always saying hello and whatever to blackbirds, crows, robins ....

• some are just dammed evil one went for my knee once on the moors when i was trying to catch it

I don't believe any animal can be evil or cruel or sly. It's humans who can be evil and all these negative words. Animals are just being animals. The sheep that tried to butt your knee was no doubt defending itself. It didn't want to be caught. Someone once told me their neighbours cat was a "bitch", like a cat knows what bitchyness is. We humans often project human characteristics onto animals to justify our negative judgements/treatments of them. Take a fox, it'll break into a chicken coop kill a load of chickens and leave them uneaten. We say this is sly and evil but foxes kill prey and leave it to return to at a later date. Only thing is we've removed the carcasses, for obvious reasons and are unset because obviously we get attached to "our" animals. And the fox is hated for being a fox. Generally animals that are useful in helping us are seen as good, horses, dogs etc but an animal that we didn't manage to domesticate is somwhow bad. That's how I see it anyway.

By the way that wasn't all aimed at you gee. I was just saying it to whoever.

• yep, particularly talk to our herd of cats, each gets their own good morning as they crowd round as I come downstairs to feed them, strange cats get spoken to, as do most other animals. down the allotment birds get spoken to (pigeons get told to go away). each of our cats has a seperate and distinct personality.
    Grendel

• I don't believe any animal can be evil or cruel or sly. It's humans who can be evil and all these negative words. Animals are just being animals. The sheep that tried to butt your knee was no doubt defending itself. It didn't want to be caught. Someone once told me their neighbours cat was a "bitch", like a cat knows what bitchyness is. We humans often project human characteristics onto animals to justify our negative judgements/treatments of them. Take a fox, it'll break into a chicken coop kill a load of chickens and leave them uneaten. We say this is sly and evil but foxes kill prey and leave it to return to at a later date. Only thing is we've removed the carcasses, for obvious reasons and are unset because obviously we get attached to "our" animals. And the fox is hated for being a fox. Generally animals that are useful in helping us are seen as good, horses, dogs etc but an animal that we didn't manage to domesticate is somwhow bad. That's how I see it anyway.

By the way that wasn't all aimed at you gee. I was just saying it to whoever.

No worries Ms x :) Er well i give you the dignty of your opinion, i didn t really mean the sheep was evil it sort of was a conjured up view i got in my head when i was laid on the ground with my knee all twisted and yes i did swear at the blumin thing, it was cornered and we were gathering in to count up and check welfare etc, and then the dam dog moved i went to catch slipped and the bloody thing just charged at my knee crunch oww that hurt a lot, as a family we all love animals wheras some farms just look at them as units etc but my mum has always looked at them with there own personalities a lot are a bit silly some are tame some are wild as hell, just like people i guess. To be fair i think i like sheep better than anything really. they just seem more natural somehow.

• i talk to mine all the time and i reply to myself in baby like voices for them lol am i alone in doing that?

• I must remember not to talk to the cabbages in lidl just because they are from Lincolnshire like me. I'm the pink one ,the green crinkly one is the cabbage or.....a cunningly disguised alien. Sprouts are definately aliens!

• No worries Ms x :) Er well i give you the dignty of your opinion, i didn t really mean the sheep was evil it sort of was a conjured up view i got in my head when i was laid on the ground with my knee all twisted and yes i did swear at the blumin thing, it was cornered and we were gathering in to count up and check welfare etc, and then the dam dog moved i went to catch slipped and the bloody thing just charged at my knee crunch oww that hurt a lot, as a family we all love animals wheras some farms just look at them as units etc but my mum has always looked at them with there own personalities a lot are a bit silly some are tame some are wild as hell, just like people i guess. To be fair i think i like sheep better than anything really. they just seem more natural somehow.

I must admit I like sheep too. We're get some neighbours who are a right shower of *******. They fell out with us (long boring story) and about a week later got a pet lamb, now a sheep. They called her Jane, which is my name. I think they thought I would be offended by this. Just shows how little we have in common with them. Most days I call Jane over (have a chat ) and give her a slice of bread or an apple. She's absolutely lovely and so friendly and always comes for her name, lol

• I must admit I like sheep too. We're get some neighbours who are a right shower of *******. They fell out with us (long boring story) and about a week later got a pet lamb, now a sheep. They called her Jane, which is my name. I think they thought I would be offended by this. Just shows how little we have in common with them. Most days I call Jane over (have a chat ) and give her a slice of bread or an apple. She's absolutely lovely and so friendly and always comes for her name, lol

Hmm a domesticated animal with human like tendancies i prefer em wild. There used to be one at a local beauty spot near me it used to be fed crisps chocolate the works got as fat as a pig it was nt ours mind.

• I talk to animals, I have recently discovered that I can talk with them like a Medium can with spirit. I need more practice though :rolleyes:. I could do with some volunteers. If anyone is interested please email me, all I need is a photo of the animal that you want me to make contact with (alive or past on). I'm not asking for anything in return but feed back would be a great help. My email is peacocktherapies@hotmail.co.uk.

• Today i found my self saying sorry to the black bird that lives in the hedge at the bottom of our garden ? i don't really know hwta i had done but it did sound like she was giving me a right mouthful ?

• I talk to my animal friends all the time - they don't always answer back and some of them are a bit silly, but easier to understand than the trees.

• When I lived on the Orkneys it was pretty remoter no neighbour for a couple of mies, b ut a herd of cows in the field over the road. I used to let the dog and get coal in in the mornings and say hi to the cows from our gate, one morning I did this just as some tourists were cycling past....I felt a tad silly chatting with the cows *that* day....
    But I just caught myself talking to my dog Loki (again), I do it constantly just as I would if a person were on the boat with me, and I can chatter away to a horse for ages! We don't have a cat any more but I was just the same with her before we lost her. My kids do it too, but my husband doesn't, don't understand why?

• Current dialogue with Pixie...

'Pixie, leave the books alone' (from pulling them out of the bookshelf to get my attention).
    'Pixie, leave the paintings alone' (from reaching up and pulling them squint to get my attention).
    'Pixie, leave the lamp alone' (from knocking it off the table to get my attention).
    'Pixie, get off the curtains'
    'Pixie, leave my hair alone'
    'Pixie, leave the cables alone'

I suspect this cat has some form of ADHD.

• Post by kieran2698 ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.