Morrisons great 2 for £3 rip off....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• So I went to Morrisons this morning and fancied buying some bacon - there it was in front of me buy 2 packs for £3.00....I looked at the packs and there were 8 slices of back bacon in each...bargain you might think but right next to the offer were single packs of the same bacon with 6 rashers in each for £1.00 ... now I'm no mathematical genius but it didn't take me long to work out that two packs of 8 for £3.00 works out to 16 rashers but 3 single packs for £3.00 (3 x £1.00) works out at 18 rashers....who are they trying to fool...... :S

• It's quite common. I went to buy own brand instant coffee in Tesco a while back, went for the 300 gram jar cos it's cheaper, right? Wrong. Special offer on 200g jars meant two of them were cheaper than the 300g jar. Happens all the time, I don't think they do the maths. I do of course because I had a job doing pricing on spare parts and that was just the kind of error I looked out for....

• Yeh, as you've noiced they are just trying to catch people out! Its always a good idea to check these offers out properly rather than just grab them!
    And not just the offers- at my local sainsburies a two pack of sausage rolls is 50p... and a six pack is £1.90. So I grab three of the packs of two and save 40p!

• My son in law works for Morrisons some of the schemes he tells me the boss comes up with would make your eyes water lol
    A thing that regularly happens is there are offers on say buy one get one free but when you get to the till it don't register and you get charged full
    Easily spotted if buying a couple of things but not on a full shop

• psssst :scared: if you have a Farm Foods they are doing 3 x 18rasher packs of bacon for

:eek: you'd think that much bacon for that little money it'd taste like shit right?? WRONG... nice thick rashers, not much shrinkage, nice lean meat and tastes lush :D Only draw back is they are frozen packs so maybe not ideal for one on their own unless you eat alot of bacon...

• If its vast amounts of bacon you want then you need to hit a big tescos! if you can face the evil!

A wonderus thing is sold there: "tescos basics cooking bacon": 500G of bacon for 75p
    Yes, it is mystery bacon- it can be a mix of smoked and unsmoked (once i got what was clearly the end of the joint, very thick but diced up with pasta it was great) thic or thin cut but for 75p seriously? its well worth the mystery factor!

• psssst :scared: if you have a Farm Foods they are doing 3 x 18rasher packs of bacon for

:eek: you'd think that much bacon for that little money it'd taste like shit right?? WRONG... nice thick rashers, not much shrinkage, nice lean meat and tastes lush :D Only draw back is they are frozen packs so maybe not ideal for one on their own unless you eat alot of bacon...

I saw some cheese in there a couple of weeks ago, and on the packet it said, "Made with real cheese" , :eek:

• Yesterday my grannie and I went to Morrisons to buy some bread. We saw that the fresh (baked in-store) bread was two loaves for £2, but when we got to the checkout we were charged full price. Had we been buying a lot of shopping we wouldn't have noticed!

• who are they trying to fool...... :S

They are playing on greed, why buy two packs if you only went in for one, consume consume consume - that's what they want. No wonder you see so many lard arses woddling about in supermarkets they're buying all the "special" offers.

• The "special offers" are a good thing if you use them wisely. I often buy things like coffee when they're on offer, because however many I buy, I'll still consume them at the same rate. I bought about eight bottles of olive oil once when there was a third off the regular price. I rarely buy perishables, because I know I'll just eat more, or else they'll rot. I only buy those kinda things if I know I'll get through them without eating extra, or if they can be frozen. Just use the system to your advantage, innit?

The best deal is my credit card. I get loyalty points for every pound spent. Obviously this is designed to encourage you to run up debt and pay more in interest. I just put all my regular spending on there and then clear the balance every month. I earn loads of vouchers, and they don't get a penny out of me in interest. Play them at their own game ;)

• Likewise. I never buy perishable two for ones, unless of course we need two to make a meal for five, otherwise we use the specials for stocking up. I don't drink more coffee because its cheap, or biscuits, they just go in the cupboard. Bread is the stupidest one, who the hell can get through three loaves of bread before it goes bad?

• i nearly always buy 'whoopsies', the big supermarkets all reduce things as they near their sell by date, but near the end of the day they second reduce them, morrisons do it to about 10 per cent of original price, so something that would of been 2.99 would be 29p! i do it regularly and eat really well for next to nothing. i once bought £44 pounds worth of shopping for less than £4!
    you never know what you're going to be having for tea either, but you can always make something with whats on whoopsies!

• I think what they do should be clamped down heavy on its terrible i sometimes get caught but not always, I once looked at the bargain or reduced items section in a supermarket, now the item had about 1 day left on so i thought fair do s it l be cheap, it was a big con a bloke was filling his basket i said look mate this is a con.

Now the items had been priced at two for a £5

however in the bargain bin they were £2.55 each because the two for a fiver had been a later deal from the origional price of £3 each. and they were nearly out of date.
    Result price goes up what a con!

Also the juice grrr the juice i worked out it would be cheaper to go to the till 5 times than buy the buy three get two free deal but i could nt be bothered and thought what a lot of b tards these lot are. Thats why i hate tescos never been in one since

• Sarah who cuts ricks hair goes to tesco every Sunday at 3.45 before Christmas she got a full mackerel for 6p
    Bread to freeze 5p per loaf
    A whole pile of fruit and veg for a quid
    And a huge gâteau for 2 quid that was on for a tenner