Charity Shoppers! Pics of your bargains :D

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I love rummaging around in charity shops, sometimes I find the most wonderful things in them!
    I'd love to see what things you guys have found! Favourite thing? Most/least expensive? Things you bought recently? Lets have a look :)

Happy Flower mug :D From PDSA a few years ago. 50p

Black leather pirate boots! From Oxfam last week. £6

Pendant £2 from BHF (chain I put on myself)...earrings £1 (and they're stamped silver!)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; its about learning to dance in the rain.

• I found this lil cutie today, one oddly shaped teapot on trivet. It is large enough for a few of my bucket sized mugs of tea.
    Cost: £3

• Love the teapot! :D

Thanks Rowan! I really like it, I used to take it to Uni for tea but someone tried to nick it so now it stays at home ;)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; its about learning to dance in the rain.

• Used to love rummaging in charity shops
    But auctions were my thing
    Once went to an auction and bought a box of bits and bobs for two quid just cause I liked the wooden animals at the top
    Had a root in the box and there was various glass ornaments and a chenille table cloth
    Popped into an antique shop on way home and got twenty five quid result I'd say

• I also found the oddest looking thing, i had to buy it, and its fab! never seen anything like it before..its a bookseat.for £2
    and the book was 75p
    I tried to post a better image but there appears to be a problem..... so i'll pinch a pic off the web....:))
    oh and the book? Scar Tissue.. Anthony Keidis....happy happy me..:))

DSCF4142.jpg

Breathing is the most important thing in life, everything else can wait.

The post was edited 2 times, last by pixiejanet1 ().

• I bought my friend a little octopus which he hung on his christmas tree in swansea :D. The full sea creature christmas tree effect was much more inpressive than my charity shop find though I suppose.

Also, I bought a long thick M&S coat in the red cross shop, because I thought I would deffinately need something and at £15 it was expensive, especially with a stain, but would be useful, which it has. However, the next time I wet in there they had had a lovely pure wool red duffle coat

I love it

:flower:

• I also found the oddest looking thing, i had to buy it, and its fab! never seen anything like it before..its a bookseat.for £2
    and the book was 75p
    I tried to post a better image but there appears to be a problem..... so i'll pinch a pic off the web....:))
    oh and the book? Scar Tissue.. Anthony Keidis....happy happy me..:))

DSCF4142.jpg

LUSH ! :D

• Found a gorgeous Nica bag today, £5!

And some sterling silver earrings (from the Flea Market yesterday) - studs 50p! Danglys £2 each

• The earings and the cat thing are lovely ladies. I want to play in the cat thing !

I should really get a camera, then I could show you some of the things I got, got this brilliant old lady style apron!

• I love those earrings!

I got this sylvac bunny ashtray (I collect them, bunnies not ashtrays that is!) for £4, I know his ears are broke but I still couldn't resist him!

• Has anyone used the Oxfam online shop? I've seen some lovely things on it, but its kinda pricey for a charity shop!

• Wow, some lovely bargains here.... the boots, patchwork blanket etc... and the earrings are gorgeous!

Sooz, I wonder if you could use that ashtray as a candle holder?

starpoi...... those soup bowls have just brought back some memories! My best friend, when I was younger, had them!

• Wow, some lovely bargains here.... the boots, patchwork blanket etc... and the earrings are gorgeous!

Sooz, I wonder if you could use that ashtray as a candle holder?

starpoi...... those soup bowls have just brought back some memories! My best friend, when I was younger, had them!

Oooh I never thought of that! I could put 3 little tea lights round him!