Treats for ducks!?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hello all! :)

I just recently got a pair of call ducks (they're lovely!), and am wondering what else I could try as a treat (they're fed duck food pellets and sometimes corn)...I have to train them as one of my degree units and am struggling to find something they're interested in! I've tried mealworms, cooked veggies, potatoes (a friend who has ducks & chickens cannot understand why they won't eat this!), milk, various nuts, bananas, bread, cake...all they're not interested in.

Any other suggestions!? :) xx

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; its about learning to dance in the rain.

• Ah lentils! Yes I might try those, I know there's some in the cupboard.

Slugs they like sometimes, other times they just poke them. I saw one eat a worm once...

I guess they're really fussy!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; its about learning to dance in the rain.

• Hm haven't tried brown bread yet, will give that a go thanks! White bread in water didn't seem interesting lol!