large mercedes van for sale

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hello; not sure who is advertising this but the picture at the top of this thread is our van and is definately not for sale!! The advertiser must have pulled the image off the net; it's the image we saw when it was advertised for sale in Scotland a few years back. The merc van for sale in the add on this forum will not be the same as the one in the picture; so beware before going on a long drive to discover something different!! I'd be interested to hear from the advertiser why they've used a picture of our van and not taken one of their own van; the van they are selling. Anyone who is interested can look back through my previous posts and see what I mean. Weird?!

• Hello; not sure who is advertising this but the picture at the top of this thread is our van and is definately not for sale!! The advertiser must have pulled the image off the net; it's the image we saw when it was advertised for sale in Scotland a few years back. The merc van for sale in the add on this forum will not be the same as the one in the picture; so beware before going on a long drive to discover something different!! I'd be interested to hear from the advertiser why they've used a picture of our van and not taken one of their own van; the van they are selling. Anyone who is interested can look back through my previous posts and see what I mean. Weird?!

If you are the picture license holder (eg the picture was taken by you and it is your van), you can ask them for money for using your picture without a license. -- the amount of money you can ask for is entirely up to you. You could ask for £10 or £10,000 - and they have to pay - even if they remove the image - they have used it without a license.

A bit harsh I know - but let me tell you that this lesson was learnt the hard way.

Regards
    Box.

• I don't understand why you haven't taken photos of your own van fester instead of using a photo of someone else's van :-s I thought I had seen that van somewhere before!

• to get photos i will have to wash it as its unused for long time. which means i have to change insurance over and get some tax and drive it to a vanwash becaus its not parked near a tap. probably best to get tax in january since its the 15th, so cant go for a test drive til then

• Am yet to be convinced that you're gonna get many people wanting to travel a fair way to look at a van that you've not put up the right picture for?

Hope you do sell it, but i can't help but think that you haven't done yourself any favours by taking the route you chose.

Good luck.

• Am yet to be convinced that you're gonna get many people wanting to travel a fair way to look at a van that you've not put up the right picture for?

Hope you do sell it, but i can't help but think that you haven't done yourself any favours by taking the route you chose.

Good luck.

interested people will come to see.

• interested people will come to see.

Interested people will probably not mind if the van is dirty.

If your van is not near a tap - try these; they cost £1.00 from tesco and are 5lt - cheaper than changing insurance, getting tax and paying for a van-wash. Need more than 1 - Get 10 for £10.00 (that's 50 liters)

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk…neral_water_in_tesco.html

Good luck with your Sale. I look forward to seeing some sparkling clean van pictures. Inside and Out!

• Interesting about the use of photos....I learn something every day. :o

When adding pictures to posts on here - I usually add the pictures using "from URL" and I don't copy the image to ukHippy servers. I also add in a link back to the website where the image is hosted. This should pretty much cover me i think ... I hope.

:angel:

• Hi Folks. Julian; I still think of you often when I lie in bed and listen to the woodburner you made us ticking away, waves of warmth lulling us to sleep. I hope you and Vicky are well and the kids are happy and healthy too. Boxvan; thanks for the info on images. It's not my image but I know who owns it; we bought the van off her. I won't be going down that road though as it smells of bad karma to me and I like to stay on the positive side of things with all people where possible.

Fester; I don't know you but I'll give you the benefit of my doubts. However - the way you worded your advert with a picture of a van that is not yours to sell does suggest possible skullduggery of sorts. Having spent months travelling all over the country looking for our van and seeing so many crap vehicles, I am very opposed to people advertising falsely. It's such a waste of time and travel expenses for the buyers.

If you are selling a van, get some pics up here; don't bother washing it as everyone knows that vans get dirty and any serious buyers will see beyond a grubby van. What's more important to a buyer is an honest seller. Tell it like it is, warts and all. If a buyer feels that you respect them by telling the truth about what they will spend their hard earned money on, you are much more likely to make a sale. That may not be the case in some circles, but there are some very good folk on this forum and they deserve nothing less. If you don't feel the truth of this, then perhaps you'd be better off floating round elsewhere and selling to some other types. Having said all that; if you do have a good heart and belong here I wish you the very best of luck with it all.

• Anyone who is interested can look back through my previous posts and see what I mean.

Just had a look at some photo's of your van (basically cos I'm nosey were vans are concerned). Very nice,, it looks really warm looking :)

• Boxvan; thanks for the info on images. It's not my image but I know who owns it; we bought the van off her. I won't be going down that road though as it smells of bad karma to me and I like to stay on the positive side of things with all people where possible.

Agreed! :)