I'm on a diet

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• good luck, I'm on a diet too, not too troubled with hunger, but if I get bored the temptation to snack is getting to be a pain

• Quote from Roach

In the words of Garfield, Diet is Die with a T

no having to shop in the fat section of shops is worse, but not for much longer

• i have lost 6 and a half stone, dieting is not the way to go. I wrote down everything that I put in my mouth (keep it clean!!!) even water and juice and stuff, that kept me focused. I still ate, pizza and chocolate cake and chips, no need for deprivation, just compensate the next day.......

• Quote from Atomik

I feel like I've wandered onto the set of Oprah. :eek:

hehehehe, obviously never shopped in the fat girls section!!!!!:harhar: :harhar:

• Started dieting about 3 weeks ago. Down from 12 stone 13 to 12 stone 1 (target weight is 12 on the dot but I am now so used to being hungry I might go the whole hog (lol) and drop to 11 and a half :D

Hey draggy, that lemon drizzle cake didnt help none gal :D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from dragonz

I'll make up for it this week and of course I hold you responsible for the cake :D

You can lead a dragon to cake.....

:D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• i am not sitting here licking a 99 and drinking ice cold SOL...honest:whistle:

everything in moderation and more walking would mean fitter folks i'm sure....but what would i know..skinny bitch here:o though at times it annoys me that folks think it's ok to comment on my size...it's just as hurtful:(

• Quote from scarlettdee

skinny bitch here:o though at times it annoys me that folks think it's ok to comment on my size...it's just as hurtful:(

Because I have lost so much weight, people think it is ok to comment on it all the time, but after a while it just makes you realise that that was all they saw, my size.:( its nice for friends to encourage you, but when it gets to be the only thing people say to you anymore, it gets a bit mundane.

• If I went on a diet I'd waste away! I'm only 8 stone 2 and I just can't put weight on, no matter how much I eat

*prepares himself for all the hate mail hes about to recieve :whistle: *

• Quote from Sunshine

I am a nutritionist and run slimming clubs here. The only thing I ban is fizzy drinks. All my dieters are losing weight :harhar:

:D Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.;)

• Quote from scarlettdee

:D Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.;)

Yep, that's me. Just call me Marjorie.........

• Quote from scarlettdee

though at times it annoys me that folks think it's ok to comment on my size...it's just as hurtful:(

I have never understood why people seem to think its ok to comment on someones weight if they are thin but would never dream of commenting on if they were overweight.
    When I was really ill in December I went down to just over 7st and everywhere I went i got comments on my weight, even from strangers. It was horrible. I didn't need telling that i looked unhealthy!

Good luck on your diets everyone. I could never do it! I love food wayy too much

• Quote from starpoi

I have never understood why people seem to think its ok to comment on someones weight if they are thin but would never dream of commenting on if they were overweight.

And also, it's consider ok to take the piss out of blokes for being fat, but not women.

• Quote from Atomik

And also, it's consider ok to take the piss out of blokes for being fat, but not women.

If only that were true. In this superficial word that we live in, there is no gender specific, not in my experience. And what really pisses me off, is that I have lost a 3rd of my body weight and people still refer to me as "cuddly", like its a term of endearment.:mad: