physical changes since i am a vegan

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• what are the physical changes you noticed in your body since you became a vegan or a vegetarian? i have a very clear and pure skin and maybe i look a little younger than my age..what about you?

• My hair is shinier and my skin is clearer and I've lost weight and don't bloat like I used to. But also, I've noticed changes in my mood. I used to have a short temper and feel depressed and have moodswings which I don't now at all. I'm pretty sure that was because of the stuff I was eating before I went vegan.

• Post by Moon_Cheese ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I've been vegan for getting on for 28 years now and people are amazed that I'm my age (nearly 49) as they always think I look in my 30's. I don't know if that's vegan related or just that I don't have kids. I did used to suffer from quite bad excema as a teenager but when I went vegan it disappeared, same with the asthma.

• I've been vegan for getting on for 28 years now and people are amazed that I'm my age (nearly 49) as they always think I look in my 30's. I don't know if that's vegan related or just that I don't have kids.

I'd go with the no kids theory. My daughter's nearly 3 but I look at least 6 years older than I did when she was born :eek: :p

• i don t know what makes somebody look younger but it seems to me the vegan diet plays a role.. i know genes and lifestyle are also important but the vegans and vegetarians eat less toxins probably..so you think if you do not have any kid you may look younger?i know a french actress that is a vegan and she says: i do not digest agony...maybe it can explain the moods..

• How long had you guys been Vegan when you started noticing these differences? (skin, hair, weight loss, disappearance of asthma etc) ?

• Good post.

I was wondering also, I am a very active and physical person. I do a lot and a work in a very physical job. Will being vegetarian have an affect on my muscle strength and fitness etc? I only made the decision at the beginning of the year so i won't notice anything for a long while but im quite worried about that potential aspect.

• It shouldn't there are successful vegan athletes and bodybuilders, so shouldn't be a problem. If you have a very active lifestyle or workout, you'll need slightly higher levels of protein than the average person. You can get these from Beans, Brown Rice, Tofu, Soya products, Tempeh, Quinoa etc.

• Thats cool, thnks man. Thinkng of changing to Soy milk. Thats an easy one. Soy milk and soy yogurt with my porridge every morning should do the trick i reckon :)

• Post by Anika ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Hi Guys

I am about to revamp my food in take and seriously look at what im eating..I would like to loose weight and i know there are fab vegan
    alternative foods....Soya seems to be a good start...I worked in the veggie resturants in my youth and remember thinking how clean the environment, opposed to the M t, dinning places...A friend ( i hadnt seen for a while started juicing she looked fantastic glowings skin great hair!! ) certainly this change made a difference....:o