van needs a new servo - where to get?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• i guess this belongs here, for you mechanicy minded people - my van needs a new break servo (i have totally made up that spelling) and other than looking at local breakers and on ebay where can we look for one? apparently they are very expensive new so its worth the postage for a second hand one cos it'd still be much cheaper. thanks! xxx

• Do you head out Bristol way often? Coz I know exactly where you'll get one at a decent price, but I don't know if he delivers. PM me make, model, age and a good explanation for why this is the first time I've heard about you having a van, and I'll give him a ring in the morning!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• what make of van is it? I bought a NEW servo about 3 months ago from 'E'bay for £75.

vw transporter 1000 TD LWB 1.9, i don't know how much of that you need but ooo thats really cheap!

• How old is it? And how long have you had it and when were you going to come and visit me in it???

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• How old is it? And how long have you had it and when were you going to come and visit me in it???

made in 2000, had it like a day! but its in the garage so i haven't actually got it yet. i will come and visit when i money starts falling from the sky, you live too far away! although if i can afford i will come visit when i go home to see parents or something as you are in vaguely that direction xxx

• You're excused! I'll phone them in the morning. :)