Pumpkin's Controversial Weight Loss Plan

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• well i told the man person about the homework, he says it shouldnt be too much of a chore :p

sugar free jelly sounds like a good idea, can i pick that up in the supermarket?

* Go tell the sun * Go tell the rain * Something inbetween *
    * Is happening these days *

• Dear Pumpkin... I might love you a little bit. This topic makes me happy.

I need to lose some weight. I'm struggling to know what else to say, which is silly because I can see the questions you've asked PixieBoots. My brain is going 'nonononono don't think about it' though. Gah.

• have a big :hug: Sensi cos this one's gonna sting...

the problem isn't the aggy, it isnt the kids and it isnt what you eat - its you...

you had 7 kids and you gave so much of yourself being a truly wonderful mother you forgot to keep a bit back for yourself...your only fault is caring for each and every person around you more than you care about yourself...its not the number of children you have - you are more than capable of caring for them and more you are one of the earths best mothers - its the forgetting that you are like a rechargeable battery and you regularly need to recharge

exercise WILL help you in many many ways but if you keep using how busy your household is and the aggy as an excuse another 10 years are going to slide by and you'll still be right there inside those 4 walls being pissed off about it all...

your homework is nothing to do with food - you are a good chef and know what you should be eating...your homework is to face that aggy and all of your familys demands of you and change the habits of a lifetime

you are going to be selfish and choose one afternoon a fortnight where you are not to be disturbed - anyone who doesnt technically live with you isnt allowed to come over and those who do are to leave you alone...and then you are going to defend that time in your life with each ounce of strength you have and dish out some bollockings if necessary

it will be hard - your family is large and complex but there is nothing about the woman you are which says you cannot do this...

and once you have that time dedicated to you and feel ready, with the support of the lovely ste you can go for those safe, quiet, gentle walks you so desperately want in your life...

and then you will lose that stone and a half...

i love you and you are brilliant but for gods sake woman kick yerself up the bum x

• well i told the man person about the homework, he says it shouldnt be too much of a chore :p

sugar free jelly sounds like a good idea, can i pick that up in the supermarket?

hehe i thought he might be impressed - and remember its not about making him horny its about being noodle doodle and in the right frame of mind about it all - for the record i am a lesbian about 50% of the time and you are scrummy and i would love to get yer clothes off and have a look so there ;) what struck me most about your appearance at days was 'lovely'

when you go shopping next DO NOT BUY anything made of chocolate or crisps or anything like that - make your indulgence expensive berries or nuts and seeds or something from the health foody bit - 9 bars are available at most supermarkets and are sinful but wholesome and have carob on top for the choccy fix

also if you want to eat sweet treats impose a rule that you bake them yourself first - when you see the amount of sugar and fat that goes into cakes and biscuits it'll help you to think about portion sizes

do you see himself at the weekends?

• Dear Pumpkin... I might love you a little bit. This topic makes me happy.

I need to lose some weight. I'm struggling to know what else to say, which is silly because I can see the questions you've asked PixieBoots. My brain is going 'nonononono don't think about it' though. Gah.

s'alright m'lovely - i was a lardy size 22 once upon a time with a full blown food addiction - take out twice a week - zero exercise...

i am now a healthy size 12 and fit and can do sit ups and everything and no doubt you're somewhere between those two extremes so i'm not going to judge you unfairly ;)

why do you want to lose weight?

and

why do you eat?

• hehe bless you pumpkin.
    i will keep my eye out for 9 bars.
    i dont see him every weekend, it tends to be about once a month, sometimes less sometimes more.

• Why do I want to lose weight... Several reasons. I want to look better, and I think I will if I'm slimmer. I also love to do yoga and find it's not quite as easy to do the moves at a size 16 as it was at a size 10. It would also improve my health, and I desperately want to do anything that I can that will allow me to do more. I also want to lose weight because the way I'm eating is not for pleasure as such... Which leads to the next question!

It depends what I eat. My favourite foods include chick peas, apples, berries, brown rice, humous, peppers, fruit dipped in honey... Fairly healthy things. I've put on weight because I started struggling with my anorexia again. I really didn't want to go down the starving myself route again due to it landing me in a psychiatric hospital with a tube down my throat for nine months, and somehow in fighting that I managed to switch to the opposite behaviour of eating too many calorific things instead. Before then I would have a slice of cake, or one sweet... But I started turning to those things for comfort which meant that I put on weight. What doesn't help is that I use a wheelchair outdoors and am not able to be physically active. Whilst doing this I told myself I was not allowed my favourite foods or healthy foods because my body didn't deserve it. I also restricted water a lot and ate when I was thirsty.

My mental health has improved a great deal now, but I'm stuck in bad habits. If there are biscuits, it's really hard to only eat one. I forget to drink until I'm really dehydrated. I let my blood sugar drop (I have insulin issues with my PCOS) to the point where I have to get sugar in me fast. It's all a bit of a mess. These things are now the only self-destructive things I do every single day. Sometimes it's deliberate, but often it's just bad habits.

If I'm too mental for you, feel free to say. ;)

*edited* to add that my doctor has said I need to lose weight now. It's not anorexic Nikki talking! I should weigh between 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 stone, but I'm around 12ish I think. So yeah... Need to lose a few.

• hunny i love you too you made me cry but in a good way
    am going to make a concious effort to set aside the time you mention i know i need too i really do but seeing it written down just enforces it all the more

its one thing when a health professional tells you but it means so much more coming from you
    thankyou

watch this space i will report back

• hehe bless you pumpkin.
    i will keep my eye out for 9 bars.
    i dont see him every weekend, it tends to be about once a month, sometimes less sometimes more.

ok one thing you could do is work on your healthy eating together when he is around - find and experiment with healthy loveliness together then you will be positively reinforced...and it will give you something extra to talk about and share when you're apart...self worth is often easiest to find when it is reflected back from someone first off...

• ok one thing you could do is work on your healthy eating together when he is around - find and experiment with healthy loveliness together then you will be positively reinforced...and it will give you something extra to talk about and share when you're apart...self worth is often easiest to find when it is reflected back from someone first off...

:) we are going to cook together this weekend. i cant wait to try out some yummy & healthy recipes.

• If I'm too mental for you, feel free to say. ;)

*edited* to add that my doctor has said I need to lose weight now. It's not anorexic Nikki talking! I should weigh between 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 stone, but I'm around 12ish I think. So yeah... Need to lose a few.

having skirted the rim of real madness a couple of times myself i will simply quote Alice (in wonderland)

'i am afraid you're quite bonkers, but i'll tell you a secret, all the best people are...'

so you have huge clanging mentalness issues with food - s'ok - lots of people do - you just like to really mean it ;)

as you seem pretty switched on with what you should be eating portion control is a good place to start - buy smaller plates from le charity shoppe - and smaller cutlery too

and a food diary coupld be an idea - not a hateful little book which holds all your secrets and shame...no no no...we need to find whats causing you to over eat so your homework is to get arty...pictoral/text representations of your goals and the foods which you already like which will get you there...

sound like your bag?

• Am i beyond help auntie pumpkin: :)

As with Jay... me too Food Auntie :)

Remember the day me and TJ came to sheffield to see you and co at the farm - I am still how I am then. The Quack suggested loosing around 4stone to get to about 13stone - but I simpley do not have the willpower or the patience to go to gyms (very busy lad with work etc) I got my allotment, I got the bike, I got the job that means I am active for an hour or 2 per shift with the cages. Then its bum on seats shifting this waggon all over the place.

Why can't I loose the weight? (wonders if its the sugar in his tea again... or those eggs from my hens?)

• You know what's weird? Over the past 10 years people have tried to talk to me about food/weight stuff a lot. And it always hurts or felt really uncomfortable. It's weird that someone I don't know can make it seem so much better and so much less of a topic that must not be discussed. :)

I've woken up feeling really positive. I've had a really tasty breakfast (bran cereal with rhubarb yogurt, grapes and raspberries) and have written in my food diary. I noticed this morning something that made me want to eat biscuits for breakfast, which was simply that I was dizzy and needed to eat quickly to feel better. This happens a lot, but I generally keep apples or other fruit handy so that it's just as easy and quick as eating a biscuit. So I had a handful of grapes before my bath and then breakfast after that. :) Woohoo for a good start to the day!

• :) we are going to cook together this weekend. i cant wait to try out some yummy & healthy recipes.

BRAVO!!! a suggestion - make flapjacks crammed with seeds and nuts...and cut them small...then if you want a sweet treat you are getting nutrition not empty calories...softly softly catchy monkey...

Am i beyond help auntie pumpkin: :)

totally...abandon all hope and make a big pizza...

As with Jay... me too Food Auntie :)

Remember the day me and TJ came to sheffield to see you and co at the farm - I am still how I am then. The Quack suggested loosing around 4stone to get to about 13stone - but I simpley do not have the willpower or the patience to go to gyms (very busy lad with work etc) I got my allotment, I got the bike, I got the job that means I am active for an hour or 2 per shift with the cages. Then its bum on seats shifting this waggon all over the place.

Why can't I loose the weight? (wonders if its the sugar in his tea again... or those eggs from my hens?)

Ok, weight loss is simple - consume less, move more...you are active and you eat well - your body has settled at the weight you are...it needs shaking up which will happen in one of 3 ways - if you are lucky you'll get gastroenteritis and lose a stone and get a kick start (this is the controversial weight loss plan) or you need to reduce your calories drastically (but still eat enough and be healthy) or up your exercise...

if its a matter of reducing calories (which i think it is) start with portion control and sacking off white carbs...you might need a food diary too cos you might well be consuming more than you think you are...

Just a quick question hunny but do you think age and the menopause make it harder to loose the weight

well duh! of course but the reason is still you - you cant transfer it onto anything else - you are who you are today - this age, menopausal, and no matter what the reason the solution is still time for you ;) i know it feels like the most difficult option but once you start doing it it will be fine :hug:

You know what's weird? Over the past 10 years people have tried to talk to me about food/weight stuff a lot. And it always hurts or felt really uncomfortable. It's weird that someone I don't know can make it seem so much better and so much less of a topic that must not be discussed. :)

I've woken up feeling really positive. I've had a really tasty breakfast (bran cereal with rhubarb yogurt, grapes and raspberries) and have written in my food diary. I noticed this morning something that made me want to eat biscuits for breakfast, which was simply that I was dizzy and needed to eat quickly to feel better. This happens a lot, but I generally keep apples or other fruit handy so that it's just as easy and quick as eating a biscuit. So I had a handful of grapes before my bath and then breakfast after that. :) Woohoo for a good start to the day!

GET THE FUCK IN!!! best thing i've heard this morning...

s'cos i dont know 'better' than you - i just know ;)

keep on keeping on girl!!!

• well i have hit the ground running today. went food shopping & didnt get anything to do with sweets, chocolate or crisps. i did treat myself to some very yummy berries to snack on & some seeds & nuts. had some chunky veg soup for my lunch & have just put some flapjack in the oven loaded with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds & walnuts. i even managed a walk round the lake after doing the shopping, so i'm feeling rather please with myself at the moment.
    & guess what, i dont feel hungry :D

• Ok, weight loss is simple - consume less, move more...you are active and you eat well - your body has settled at the weight you are...it needs shaking up which will happen in one of 3 ways - if you are lucky you'll get gastroenteritis and lose a stone and get a kick start (this is the controversial weight loss plan) or you need to reduce your calories drastically (but still eat enough and be healthy) or up your exercise...

if its a matter of reducing calories (which i think it is) start with portion control and sacking off white carbs...you might need a food diary too cos you might well be consuming more than you think you are...

Think I do enough body moving as it is lol... with no sexercise lol. So food it is.. trouble is I really don't eat much however its the times of day I do that might be the cause, I can't really graze on food when moving in the truck...

So Today my day started at 1pm - glass of water and a handful of nuts. Now going to work shortly just had a peanut butter on toast and a brew. Packed lunch box is ready with tonights stuff (note I must take 2 days worth of grub as a trucker things can happen and shifts can last 15 hours or enforced night out.) so thats

2x Muller corner yogurt thingys
    2x Homemade oakcakes from yesterday batch
    1x Big tub of pan grilled med veg with brown rice and scrammbled eggs (left over from yesterday batch and bloody nice too thanks for the suggestion of scrammble eggs with rice :D)
    1x Litre of water with weak fruit extract/squash what it is in it.

Its blowing a hoolie again this evening so its waterproofs again (if I am going to Anglesea :D)

• Please may I join in?
    I don't eat enough and my diet goes from uber-healthy to rat shit like a yo-yo.
    I have wanted to share a food diary for ages.
    Today since finishing work at 6am I have had;
    Half a garlic tear and share bread, 2 slices of peanut butter on seeded toast, um, that's it so far. And a tin of diet coke. And a couple of strongbows and 7 hours sleep.

• well i have hit the ground running today. went food shopping & didnt get anything to do with sweets, chocolate or crisps. i did treat myself to some very yummy berries to snack on & some seeds & nuts. had some chunky veg soup for my lunch & have just put some flapjack in the oven loaded with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds & walnuts. i even managed a walk round the lake after doing the shopping, so i'm feeling rather please with myself at the moment.
    & guess what, i dont feel hungry :D

you are a legend oh pixie one - i wanna see pics of the finished flapjacks :D

well unless you are rewriting the laws of physics internally its that simple ;) you have a store of fat on your body - you need to eat enough so you are not starving and storing everything which goes in but little enough so your body is forced to use some of those reserves you have hanging about...

excellent work on the food front - and can you not have a handful of seeds and dried fruit every so often when driving?

Please may I join in?
    I don't eat enough and my diet goes from uber-healthy to rat shit like a yo-yo.
    I have wanted to share a food diary for ages.
    Today since finishing work at 6am I have had;
    Half a garlic tear and share bread, 2 slices of peanut butter on seeded toast, um, that's it so far. And a tin of diet coke. And a couple of strongbows and 7 hours sleep.

course you can groovester!! what is it you're looking for support with my lovely?

• Fancy giving me a kick up the arse to get me moving more? :D I don't need to lose weight (I'm a perfectly healthy weight, even though I can be a junk food snacker which I really should limit a little - brain says negative things about the body at times though :rolleyes:) but I need some motivation to get active (I'm very good at making excuses :S )

• I need to remember to eat, every day, before I start to feel like shit and eat anything within an arm's reach!
    I love healthy foods and don't have a sweet tooth but that vending machine at work is so close, and I have to pass 2 McDonalds on the way there every night.....
    I need my arse kicked to go to tesco and stock up on healthy packed lunches please !

• well today i have had rice krispies for breakfast
    lunch was an egg on one slice of toast
    tea i just had rice and curry made with quorn chicken ...small portion

i will have fruit salad before six then thats it

i have had my water allowance and two cups of decaf tea

havent managed too get out today but cleaned all the kitchen so lots of stretching

thanks janna this thread is just awesome
    to know i can come here and get the support i need
    and lyndseys idea to have a huge dovedale gathering has given me something to work towards
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay onwards and upwards

ps...im starting counselling to deal with my fears next wed

good luck everyone else

• this thread is awesome, go super pumpkin! :D

i just wanna add one thing which is - make food your friend!
    after air and water, relatively simple things to get right, food is like the most important thing and it deserves your thoughts and efforts and as much time as you can possibly give it (obviously this is different for everyone cos everyone has different levels of busyness).

oh and always eat breakfast!

• Meh. My food day started out okay. And then I ate four biscuits. Not at the same time, but I'm a bit pissed off with myself. I'm still under 1500 calories though, which is what I was aiming for. :)

• Meh. My food day started out okay. And then I ate four biscuits. Not at the same time, but I'm a bit pissed off with myself. I'm still under 1500 calories though, which is what I was aiming for. :)

fuck it. move on. simples.

plus theres nothing wrong with biscuits...there's everything wrong with hating yourself for eating biscuits though ;) next time just have 2...

oh and dont count calories - thats obsessive behaviour right there *woop woop busted*

• Fancy giving me a kick up the arse to get me moving more? :D I don't need to lose weight (I'm a perfectly healthy weight, even though I can be a junk food snacker which I really should limit a little - brain says negative things about the body at times though :rolleyes:) but I need some motivation to get active (I'm very good at making excuses :S )

so why don't you do it? what's getting in the way? be honest ;)

I need to remember to eat, every day, before I start to feel like shit and eat anything within an arm's reach!
    I love healthy foods and don't have a sweet tooth but that vending machine at work is so close, and I have to pass 2 McDonalds on the way there every night.....
    I need my arse kicked to go to tesco and stock up on healthy packed lunches please !

you know yourself best - what will remind you? and why do you think you don't click on you need to eat?

you're welcome my lovely xx well done you for the counselling and the general 'grab it by the balls and get on with it attitude'

this thread is awesome, go super pumpkin! :D

i just wanna add one thing which is - make food your friend!
    after air and water, relatively simple things to get right, food is like the most important thing and it deserves your thoughts and efforts and as much time as you can possibly give it (obviously this is different for everyone cos everyone has different levels of busyness).

oh and always eat breakfast!

always listen to hannah - she speaks sense - and often silliness which will make you laugh - so its all good ;)

Lovely Pumpkin, what do you eat on a normal day?

oooh there is no normal! i have absolutely no routine when it comes to food - i eat when i am hungry and stop when i'm full

i can tell you the types of food i eat though if you like? why you ask?