Pumpkin's Controversial Weight Loss Plan

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• are you wanting to shed the flab?

do you wish you could stop munching your way through every crisis?

do you pretend to love being 'curvy' but hate the feel of your ass wobbling when you walk?

Then come and have a chat to Auntie Pumpkin about why it REALLY is that you eat and don't move enough...

i wont be kind - kindness wont help - but i will be honest and supportive ask all kinds of awkward questions and set you food homework...

if you REALLY want to explore why you eat so much and the many reasons behind it come here and we'll see what we can do...

• Auntie Pumpkin i have gained a little and feel lethargic and squishy where before i was svelte - whats happened?

[firing up the bravery and complete honesty]

i have had a couple of very stressful (but not negative) weeks and have knwingly self mediated ith processed foods - each time i used the fat and sugar and flavourings and salt as a drug i was aware of what i was doing and chose to squash the knowledge as the easier option...now my bodt has become used to this kind of food and is craving it - the lethargy is now creatign a spiral of bad eating and lack of motivation so i need to get off my increasing arse and go for a long walk every day

but i will find this hard - why?

because i still have problems with self esteem and dont place myself highly enough in my own list pf responsibilities - i need to face up to being a wet lettuce and carve out some time for myself - that hour spent ignoring the children on the internet could have been spent taing them for a walk - why didnt i? because the lethargy made me not want to interact with them and answer their inane questions - not want to find the rain gear - not want to decide where to take them - not want to deal with a stroppy 2 year old so i didnt

and now i feel bad about myself cos i know i could have done better - they would have had a walk - i would have had a walk - they would have got my attention without having to ask for it...

so now i feel crap about myself i will reach for a cake, or a handful of habas fritas or a glass of coke to self medicate and the cycle renews afresh

STOP IT!

take them for a walk this afternoon - grow a pair and face up to the reality of today - stop hiding on the net and listen to the eternal part of you which knows the right thing to do

cook up some brown rice and call past the shop for eggs - get some more oatcakes and stop eating long enough to feel empty belly hungry at some point today...

so, in conclusion the food was a very useful coping mechanism but i can only fall back on such a convenient drug if i have the wherewithal to also stop using it and put into practice everything i have learnt...good show Pumpkin!

• of course :) i as only one thing - total balls out honesty in all your responses

why do you eat pixie?

a number of reasons come to mind,

a) comfort eating - eating tasty crap when i am sad/lonely/grumpy
    b) out of boredom - stuck in the house cause it hurts to move, what shall i do to keep myself busy? EAT
    & c) i seem to be hungry all the time

* Go tell the sun * Go tell the rain * Something inbetween *
    * Is happening these days *

• There's only one way to lose weight.

bring Sam then and we'll all shed a few pounds :reddevil:

a number of reasons come to mind,

a) comfort eating - eating tasty crap when i am sad/lonely/grumpy
    b) out of boredom - stuck in the house cause it hurts to move, what shall i do to keep myself busy? EAT

ok good start, so what is your motivation to want to lose weight - really? (dont worry about being shallow - this isnt a test)

• a

Are you actually hungry though? I thought I felt hungry all the time but actually the more I thought about it the more I realised that it was some weird pattern in my brain that made me think I was. It wasn't till I stopped snacking so much and experienced the actual physical feeling of hunger that I realised what it really was.

As someone who has been in similar health problems I know how easy it is to just sit and eat. There's not much else you can do when you feel like crap :( :hug:

• ok good start, so what is your motivation to want to lose weight - really? (dont worry about being shallow - this isnt a test)

cause i hate the way i look - wobbly thighs, rolls of fat & chubby cheeks. i want to be able to walk up a hill without turning into a sweaty, breathless mess. plus i want to be able to be naked infront of my boyfriend without feeling ashamed of the way i look.

• Are you actually hungry though? I thought I felt hungry all the time but actually the more I thought about it the more I realised that it was some weird pattern in my brain that made me think I was. It wasn't till I stopped snacking so much and experienced the actual physical feeling of hunger that I realised what it really was.

As someone who has been in similar health problems I know how easy it is to just sit and eat. There's not much else you can do when you feel like crap :( :hug:

i dont know really, it's not like i feel satisfied after i have comfort eaten. maybe its just something to do & i trick myself into doing it :S

• That's why god invented plastic and batteries ;)

he's right you know - orgasms are your friend - have as many as you possibly can without giving yourself friction burns. and i am quite quite serious.

I quite fancy a Cornish holiday. :whistle:

Orgasms are my friend too :whistle:

Are you actually hungry though? I thought I felt hungry all the time but actually the more I thought about it the more I realised that it was some weird pattern in my brain that made me think I was. It wasn't till I stopped snacking so much and experienced the actual physical feeling of hunger that I realised what it really was.

this is a very good point.

Also, the more you eat, the more the stomach expands, the more it takes to fill it and make you feel satisfied....

again true - i was nearly unconscious yesterday in a sunday roast induced food coma brought on by about 50% in volume of what i used to eat

cause i hate the way i look - wobbly thighs, rolls of fat & chubby cheeks. i want to be able to walk up a hill without turning into a sweaty, breathless mess. plus i want to be able to be naked infront of my boyfriend without feeling ashamed of the way i look.

good. you have some fire in your belly to change this. use it. but not the naked in front of your boyfriend bit - you're squishy and yummy and female and and he's getting some - kill this thought before it becomes a poison.

homework: strip him off, sit him in a chair and take your clothes off in front if him. watch the reaction. kill that thought. and yes the shyness, blushing, nervous giggling and general weird tension will do it for him too. it's not your body he wants it's your self. his cock wants your body and if the right bit(s) of it are warm welcoming and moist thats pretty much all it will care about...what is truly attractive is to be a goddess and thats got NOTHING to do with how squishy we are - it does however have everything to do with self confidence shining from us cos we feel happy with our physical shells

i dont know really, it's not like i feel satisfied after i have comfort eaten. maybe its just something to do & i trick myself into doing it :S

yes, it is. this is about changing behaviour - catching yourself before you put the food in your mouth cos with the whole health and moving about thing you dont have the option of walking for miles to burn off the food...

another question...what do you like to eat? give me a typical day or the last 3 days - be honest, brutal (we'll be impressed when you do)

• Orgasms are my friend too :whistle:

I always think it's healthy to have lots of friends. :whistle:

good. you have some fire in your belly to change this. use it. but not the naked in front of your boyfriend bit - you're squishy and yummy and female and and he's getting some - kill this thought before it becomes a poison.

homework: strip him off, sit him in a chair and take your clothes off in front if him. watch the reaction. kill that thought. and yes the shyness, blushing, nervous giggling and general weird tension will do it for him too. it's not your body he wants it's your self. his cock wants your body and if the right bit(s) of it are warm welcoming and moist thats pretty much all it will care about...what is truly attractive is to be a goddess and thats got NOTHING to do with how squishy we are - it does however have everything to do with self confidence shining from us cos we feel happy with our physical shells

I hate to be the voice of doom, but this isn't entirely true. Different things can be turn-offs for different people. Extra weight can be a passion killer for some, stick insect figures can be a passion killer for others. However much you're into a person, personal tastes can vary. Furthermore, nudity itself can be a mistake.... the tease can be much more erotic, and it's a fantastic way to empower yourself if you're not comfortable with your body image.

• thats what i am gettnig at - thanx for the otherside (i cant be a boy no matter how much i'd like to) the point of this was to make pixieboots put herself in that situation mentally and have a think about how it makes her feel - only she will know if its right to go through with it...

there is a massive problem in the minds and hearts of women with thinking their nakedness turns guys off when its not that - its their lack of confidence about their nakedness which turns them off cos the insecurity radiating from us inteferes with da mood innit?

• there is a massive problem in the minds and hearts of women with thinking their nakedness turns guys off when its not that - its their lack of confidence about their nakedness which turns them off cos the insecurity radiating from us inteferes with da mood innit?

Partly. But men can be turned off by simple aesthetics as well. However, confidence can play a huge part in that too (like you say), so feeling bad about your body can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Partly. But men can be turned off by simple aesthetics as well. However, confidence can play a huge part in that too (like you say), so feeling bad about your body can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

aye - and the honesty factor - after several years with an very unhealthy attitude to sex, communication and body image i now know if you cant do what i suggest and giggle your way through it then theres some communication which needs sorted if a weirdness isnt going to build...

'i am so uncomfotable right now, i feel a prick'

'yeah me too but its a laugh innit, come here and let me feel that lovely squidgy bum of yours and when you blush you look so adorable'

is as valid an experience as leaping on board and riding away with total nonchalance ;)

• Friday - skipped brekki as i was going to the eden project early. got there & had a coffee. mid morning got peckish so had some flapjack. lunch time i had fritata & salad. on the train back i got hungry so had a bag of crisps. got home, still peckish so had a few 'percy pig' sweets. went out for a meal with the family, had fish & chips.
    Saturday - had toast for brekki. lunch time i had cheese & pickle sandwich, bag of crisps & a chocolate cornflake cake. mid afternoon had a few more 'percy pigs'. dinner time was mushroom risotto & salad.
    Sunday - no brekki. lunch time cheese & onion pasty & salad. went out to a horse show with step mum, nicked some of her chips. mid afternoon i had some cake. dinner time was a burger (no bun) and new potatos.
    Today - no brekki. pasta & sauce for lunch.

• Fuck yeah. If you haven't got a sense of humour about it, you shouldn't be doing it! I mean take a step back and just look at how silly sex really is! :D

• well i get to see him on friday, so will try out my home work then.

• Friday - skipped brekki as i was going to the eden project early. got there & had a coffee. mid morning got peckish so had some flapjack. lunch time i had fritata & salad. on the train back i got hungry so had a bag of crisps. got home, still peckish so had a few 'percy pig' sweets. went out for a meal with the family, had fish & chips.
    Saturday - had toast for brekki. lunch time i had cheese & pickle sandwich, bag of crisps & a chocolate cornflake cake. mid afternoon had a few more 'percy pigs'. dinner time was mushroom risotto & salad.
    Sunday - no brekki. lunch time cheese & onion pasty & salad. went out to a horse show with step mum, nicked some of her chips. mid afternoon i had some cake. dinner time was a burger (no bun) and new potatos.
    Today - no brekki. pasta & sauce for lunch.

Brilliant!!! there's room for improvement there - i was dreading you saying you lived on brown rice and tofu and alfalfa sprouts and drank nothing but hot water with a dash of lemon juice ;)

right time for the disclaimer *i am not a medical professional nor do i have any nutrition training - what i do have is a lifelong food addiction and my efforts to face it and lift myself out of it take my advice etc and add your own intelligence*

you could do with reducing your intake of sugar and salt and retraining your taste buds...here's the controversial bit

• you do not have to stop comfort eating - i always have and probably always will eat for comfort - it works, i like food and the sensation of eating - what you need to do is change the food you eat

True. There's lots of healthy foods you can comfort eat if you're prepared to re-train your taste buds. Sunflower seeds dry-fried with a hint of chilli and soy sauce.... totally nom-nom!

• True. There's lots of healthy foods you can comfort eat if you're prepared to re-train your taste buds. Sunflower seeds dry-fried with a hint of chilli and soy sauce.... totally nom-nom!

yes, i have such a sweet tooth. i need to find better things to snack on, snacking is a big problem for me.

• i need to shed a stone and a half id say
    i eat too much in the evenings
    i always have cereal for brekkie or toast
    and a cup of decaf
    then ill sometimes have a sandwich for lunch or a couple of cream crackers
    tea time ill have same as everyone else maybe lasagne or veg curry and i only have a small portion
    but its half six till about nine im starving so i eat crap just anything chocolate choc biscuits crackers

and i find excercise hard work cause i cant just get out with the aggy
    and the house is always full of kids

i was wondering if the menopause keeps the weight on

• That's just a step too far :S

lol I didn't mean together. But when I used to 'diet' I found sugar-free jelly really good to help curb sweet tooth. And the occasional handful of dried apricots or raisins did the trick too (not too many of the apricots though - the sulphur used to preserve them could have devastating effects :eek: :vomit: )