Im gonna have to watch my back :-)

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I think everyone should have cats, its hard to stay depressed when you have a cat devoting their attention and affection towards you.
    Grendel

We have definitely owned very different cats.

Most of mine have driven me to distraction or worried me sick with their exploits.

Usually they have been devoted when they want something.

Totally smitten with them all though.

• One of mine, Noodle, drove me round the twist from the day I got him. He woke me up several times every night for years scratching doors or meowing, shredded countless books, stole food often right off my plate and bullied the other cats relentlessly. He died at Christmas after almost 19 years of torment and I'd give anything to be annoyed by him now ...miss him so much :(

• One of mine, Noodle, drove me round the twist from the day I got him. He woke me up several times every night for years scratching doors or meowing, shredded countless books, stole food often right off my plate and bullied the other cats relentlessly. He died at Christmas after almost 19 years of torment and I'd give anything to be annoyed by him now ...miss him so much :(

Sounds like he was Fred's clone.

Fred was a mental cat, he ambushed our dog and almost blinded him in one eye, he stole food from the neighbourhood cats (as if we didn't feed him enough, I once realised due to shift work he was getting 6 meals a day), anything was fair game if he went on a killing spree (the massive mauled rat in the living room and trying to drag a protesting seagull through the catflap were pretty bad). He'd wake you up by sitting on you and scratching your face. I could go on.
    His final act of torment was dying in my arms, the day before we were due to see the vet. The phone call to the vet cancelling the appointment wasn't a good one.

My husband gave me a canvas of the picture below - it goes everywhere with me.

If he looked like this we may have owned the cat versions of Dolly the sheep.

Fred.jpg