Tewkesbury Medieval Festival 9th & 10th July

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Me too, although if I do I won't be able to try any normal clothes on ;)
    So looking forward to Saturday....what time shall we organise to picnic....about 1pm???

Sounds good to me - I'll call you when I get there

• Post by Stardusts Dad ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Just bumped into Unkle JooJoo over dinner and realised you lot were coming. That'll teach me to forget to come on ukh for ages and ages.
    Anyway I'm here, workin in a hi vis. come say hi and I'll try to pop round for a cuppa on a tea break

• Just bumped into Unkle JooJoo over dinner and realised you lot were coming. That'll teach me to forget to come on ukh for ages and ages.
    Anyway I'm here, workin in a hi vis. come say hi and I'll try to pop round for a cuppa on a tea break

will be really nice to see you mate :)

• It's today and it's bright and sunny here...still taking a shower proof coat though. Looking forward to seeing you all there..... :waves:

• Well that was a good gathering of us Hippy types - sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you all I snuck out early because it took me two hours to get out of the main car park last time...shame about the rain but I enjoyed myself....

I'll try and list who was there but I may miss some so add your names in..... There was Nutty Jo, me, Matty and Claireaitchbee, Julian the gypsy and Vikki, Rambo and Yvonne, Noctula, Gonzo, Gyrolady, The DJ and Tiger Daddy, Hannah, Feonor, Simon 99, Neyni, Mithra, Yoursinuk, Daisy Dreamer, Grymm Grymmsson, Twister, Mithra, HippyCrafts...and I'm sure I've missed some so apologies.....

And there were a couple of great performances from medieval rock band Schelmish ... made my day.

• There was a Kaiya there somewhere too:)

Great to see so many folks, several I've never seen before and so many old friends too (although SD you found way more than me!) Also v glad to meet up with Jo at last, after 2 years of trying!:D

• Eeee, I love you all :wub: Saw lots of people i'd never met in real life before, and got lots of hugs, so i'm happy :)

Saw Claire Matty and Phoebe, Hannah, DJ Tigerdaddy Joe Kaya and baby Daisy (who is gorgeous :wub: ), Kaiya and Mithra, Claire and G, Noctula and Rhiannon (sorry I didn't get a chance to say a proper hello to you - grumpy baby wanted to keep moving!), Rambo and his lady friend, Stardust's Dad, Nutty Jo, and of course the lovely Vik, Julian and JJ, who have taken my woodburner home with them to make it EVEN MORE AWESOME than it is already! :) Think that's everyone, sorry if I missed anyone out!

And Rosie doesn't have a temperature anymore, so the fresh air (despite her protests!) obviously did her good!

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Was lovely to see people - very very briefly, seeing as I was being dictated to by a 2year old and had to spend time swinging her round in circles, buying ice-cream, stomping to the music and all the fun stuff. :D Plus we took shelter in a clothes stall during the rain and Rhiannon spent half an hour hiding in the clothes (much to other people's amusement :p).

Will have to say a proper hello next time Twister :D

• It was a pleasure to finally meet some of you in real life! Sorry I missed Daisydreamer and Twister, plus everyone else I didnt get to meet. That rain was awful!! we kinda ran off to hide till it went off and lost everyone. Nutty Jo I saw you walk past but was stuck and couldnt come and say hi, but I recognised your hat from your pic :D
    Ill be there tomorrow if anyone else is going again? Hopefully the weather will hold out!
    I look forward to meeting you all another time. Ill be more organised and Ill bring cake too :D

• It was a pleasure to finally meet some of you in real life! Sorry I missed Daisydreamer and Twister, plus everyone else I didnt get to meet. That rain was awful!! we kinda ran off to hide till it went off and lost everyone. Nutty Jo I saw you walk past but was stuck and couldnt come and say hi, but I recognised your hat from your pic :D Ill be there tomorrow if anyone else is going again? Hopefully the weather will hold out! I look forward to meeting you all another time. Ill be more organised and Ill bring cake too :D

It was great to meet you too although we Didnt get enough time to chat.Was a fantastic day and loverly to catch up with lots of friends. I wont even try listing them all, its been done before :-D And I think I managed to avoid Nutty Jos video camera this time lol

• What a lovely day, it was!So many UKH peeps turned up, it was great!!I am now the proud owner of a noseflute that ClaireHB showed me how to play!! The nut stall was there, I'm relieved to say, and Schelmish were very impressive!! I bought one of their CDs....partial to a bit of German medieval rock music, I am!!So good to see old friends, and new faces there....finally met Mithra and Twister! :D The rain put a bit of a dampener on things, but hey ho, it is England and Summer so we should have expected it!I will have a look at what video footage I've got, and cobble it together in the next day or so!!See you all there, next year!!! :)

• - sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you all I snuck out early because it took me two hours to get out of the main car park last time...shame about the rain but I enjoyed myself....

Well a little tip for next year, we left after 6 when everything was shut and the car park was almost empty so drove straight out no worries.... :cool:

Anyway was a great day out, even if there was a light shower of wet stuff, didnt last long though.... :thumbup: good to see everyone and the kids certainly had a fun day and for once I could let them have whatever they wanted and not care.... just good to have the whole family out having fun after this last year..... and Joe got another long sword, I think he is stockpiling weapons....:D

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Next time dont wish for any rain, not even a teeny bit!!!

It was great to meet you too although we Didnt get enough time to chat.Was a fantastic day and loverly to catch up with lots of friends. I wont even try listing them all, its been done before :-D And I think I managed to avoid Nutty Jos video camera this time lol