How many police?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Was this dude he-man or did someone put a 0 insted of a full stop on the mission objective after 25?

• Jokes aside.. i wonder what the response here and in the 'outside' world would have been, if that man had died ?.

250 coppers and no one dead ?... amazeing .

[Don't think they all knocked at his door to be honest though].

• After what happened last time they killed someone...I wonder whether they would "release" such info again....

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

After what happened last time they killed someone...I wonder whether they would "release" such info again....

Of course they would.

I suspect it would be spun to suggest ''he was innocent''. The police should have known he was innocent. Sack Sir Ian Blair. The police should have 20/20 hindsight and the family would call any investigation a 'whitewash' . Its tragicaly predictable.

• Quote from matthew

Of course they would.

I suspect it would be spun to suggest ''he was innocent''. The police should have known he was innocent. Sack Sir Ian Blair. The police should have 20/20 hindsight and the family would call any investigation a 'whitewash' . Its tragicaly predictable.

Hmmmm, do I detect cynicism here??

• Quote from Dapablo

Getting tough on crime again. :)

(Smirk). But never on the "causes of crime". This phraseology has been perhaps the very worst piece of spin from which our country has ever suffered, (still suffers and will continue to suffer). Apart from perhaps a few listless and leftover social workers and probation officers no-one in the UK has a job the description of which might come even close to "getting tough on the causes of crime".

Can you imagine what a very major reversal of policy such an approach would entail?

• Quote from Milo

(Smirk). But never on the "causes of crime". ?

I think i understand that you are not entirely talking of this case. In relation to this ''crime'' what ARE you talking about ?. What ARE the causes of this crime, or have you not thought about this yet ?.

• Quote from matthew

I think i understand thet you are not entirely talking of this case. In relation to this ''crime'' what ARE you talking about ?.

What "ARE" you shouting about? Are we sure there'll even be a crime found as a result of this police investigation?

Quote from matthew

What ARE the causes of this crime, or have you not thought about this yet ?.

Try neglect, selfishness, abuse, misuse, lack of compassion, revenge, desperation, a sense of injustice, relgious fanaticism, that sorta stuff.

Me, thought about it? Christ, no, you won't catch me doing stuff like that.

• Quote from Milo

What "ARE" you shouting about? Are we sure there'll even be a crime found as a result of this police investigation?

I don't think i am ''shouting'' !.
    I am not sure either, thats why i said ''I think i understand that you are not entirely talking of this case''. I just wondered what you meant ?.

Try neglect, selfishness, abuse, misuse, lack of compassion, revenge, desperation, a sense of injustice, relgious fanaticism, that sorta stuff.

Oh dear, another thread entirely. I meant this case not the woes of modernity as we speak. :o

In relation to this ''crime'' what ARE you talking about ?. What ARE the causes of this crime, or have you not thought about this yet ?.

• is fecking scarey...reminds me of growing up in b'ham during the IRA bombings...anyone with irish links viewed the cops with fear...my mates mum was scared to open her mouth 'cos of her irish accent..my mum used to take her shopping and speak for her...various friends and family being dragged away ...is like being in a time warp..substitute irish for muslim..everyone viewing each other with suspicion...

• Quote from scarlettdee

is fecking scarey...reminds me of growing up in b'ham during the IRA bombings...anyone with irish links viewed the cops with fear...my mates mum was scared to open her mouth 'cos of her irish accent..my mum used to take her shopping and speak for her...various friends and family being dragged away ...is like being in a time warp..substitute irish for muslim..everyone viewing each other with suspicion...

I think they had ''viable'' evidence to swoop.

Security sources told the BBC they had had intelligence there was a "viable" chemical device in the house. Intelligence had suggested it was a potentially fatal device which could produce casualty figures in double or even triple figures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5042724.stm

99.9% of muslims have as much to ''fear'' as you and me. If these chaps were doing something they should not be. Them being muslim is not really the issue.

We shall see.

• Of course they should raid if intelligence gives them due cause, don't think anyone feels partisan about that, but the size of the operation is quite intimidating.

• Quote from Dapablo

Of course they should raid if intelligence gives them due cause, don't think anyone feels partisan about that, but the size of the operation is quite intimidating.

Causeing double or triple figures of casualties is ''quite intimidating'' also. I understand what your saying though. I don't think it is a huge issue, unless these chaps turn out to be innocent. Thats hindsight speaking [wich is lovely]..

• When it come down to it, if the 23 year old HAD used a chemical bomb in a busy area people all over the world would want to know why he wasn't stopped at any cost of policing resources. I'd be lying i'f I could think how they might dedicate 250 officers a job without having a charity barbacue. Im hoping it would just mean in the hole operation and not just on the scence. Lets face it, if our "terrorist" couldn't notice 250 men and women breathing on his front window he can't have been much a threat.

"The BBC has learned that the suspects are Abdul Kahar, who was shot, and Abdul Koyar, who are both of Bangladeshi origin." - How on earth is that helping the artical though. Surely thats just going to cause more racial problems!

• Interesting to see how this pans out.

The red tops are going for the 'desperate search for armageddon device' line whilst the Guardian is suggesting they shot the wrong man. Again.

• Quote from TheSoupdragon

Interesting to see how this pans out.

The red tops are going for the 'desperate search for armageddon device' line whilst the Guardian is suggesting they shot the wrong man. Again.

I sick of hearing the same facts being regurgitated in many differing ways.. i wish the media would shut up till they know more details.

I do think they have been a little more subtle this time around..not denouncing the police so much so far [to be fair i've only been watching the BBC]. Though i have not read all the print media yet.. just snippets what have been on the TV.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk…/story/0,,1789965,00.html
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

No suprises i see.. same old stance.

• Quote from matthew

i wish the media would shut up till they know more details.

I think that's actualy dangerous demecraticaly speaking. Personaly, I think the media should stick to reporting the facts instead of speculating. Sometimes things happen that unfold slowly but are still everyone should know about them, in cases like that, People need to know what's happening - even if the circumstances and details are unclear.

One thing I hate about the media in thiss country is that they do the thinking for you and theytry to reach conclusions rather than simply report what happened.

• Quote from schizomorph

I think that's actualy dangerous demecraticaly speaking. Personaly, I think the media should stick to reporting the facts instead of speculating. Sometimes things happen that unfold slowly but are still everyone should know about them, in cases like that, People need to know what's happening - even if the circumstances and details are unclear.

Thats fair enough. They have reported the facts though. They are now reporting what is in the newspapers. Interrupting the timeline of the actual event. This is why some think ''lies'' are told. When it it is not the case.

One thing I hate about the media in thiss country is that they do the thinking for you and theytry to reach conclusions rather than simply report what happened.

They have 24 hours to fill.

• I think we need to know the outcome first. If he's innocent then he's one poor fucker and appologies/compensation should rain from the skies. If he is in fact a terorist and was planning to attack inocent people, then fuck im.

• So the two suspects have been released without change. What a surprise!

Still, I'm not sure we've heard the whole story yet. There are a lot of people out there who would love to be terrorist if only their mum would let them stay out late. I suppose one of the problems the police have is separating the fantacists from the real thing.

• Listening to the man who was shot by the police, I was horrified. I totally understand that if there had been a chemical weapon in that house we would be very glad that the police acted. And I realise they needed to use stealth and numbers, but what is this shooting policy? Having shot one innocent man they now shoot another, then beat him up and drag him downstairs by his feet? What about human rights, or being innocent till proven guilty? Don't they have any disabling weapon but guns? And how is it then necessary to abuse a man who is wounded and on the ground? I am very frightened for the future for Britain. It's this kind of police attitude that will create more angry young muslims, and they are then prey to the ideas of evil men with terrorism on their minds.

I can't help wondering whether the police really investigated these men's backgrounds and community standing thoroughly enough before this action. And how can citizens protect themselves and their rights when nobody is told where the 'intelligence' that was acted on came from?

• This raises some pretty serious questions. It's more than a little worrying when an innocent man can be shot for no apparent reason. He's lucky to be alive! It seems odd that the police can arrest armed and violent criminals on a daily basis without the need to shoot them.

• Quote from Atomik

This raises some pretty serious questions. It's more than a little worrying when an innocent man can be shot for no apparent reason. He's lucky to be alive! It seems odd that the police can arrest armed and violent criminals on a daily basis without the need to shoot them.

yes it does dok but i think its a case of wit the terrorist attacks of late they have to be seen to be doing something and who they do it too ....well lets pick a random