What our cats are currently up to...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Aw poor little guy!

Completely recovered today, bouncing around the neighbours' gardens without a care in the world. Then this evening The Cat Came Back... and they both bolted back indoors to hide behind daddy!

• Awww... mine were like that just a few months ago, just with a little less white :wub:

• it's sad when pets die, it's the only bad thing about having them:(

My cat Jess brought a mouse in yesterday, she's was an indoor cat for 10 years until last year so when she started going out I didn't think she would. Yesterday I'm afraid I freaked - I love animals but I got it cornered but just couldn't do the catching bit. In the end jess killed it:eek: and a passer-by disposed of the corpse while I bravely stood on the bank.

Jess is outside now just hope I don't get another present today.

• it's sad when pets die, it's the only bad thing about having them:(

My cat Jess brought a mouse in yesterday, she's was an indoor cat for 10 years until last year so when she started going out I didn't think she would. Yesterday I'm afraid I freaked - I love animals but I got it cornered but just couldn't do the catching bit. In the end jess killed it:eek: and a passer-by disposed of the corpse while I bravely stood on the bank.

Jess is outside now just hope I don't get another present today.

Charlie used to bring mice into the house and release them on a regular basis, total nightmare to catch! He was quite the little hunter. He also used to bring me loads of old sponges. God knows where he used to find them all, but there never seemed to be a lack of manky old sponges!

• Still trying to catch a moth.

They'll be no good in the wild these two, thank heavens!:D

• Charlie used to bring mice into the house and release them on a regular basis, total nightmare to catch! He was quite the little hunter. He also used to bring me loads of old sponges. God knows where he used to find them all, but there never seemed to be a lack of manky old sponges!

Sponges lol, I've had no more mice because I now let jess out and make sure she's alone when she wants to come in again!:)

• I love my babies very much, but right now I am so sick of having everything destroyed by them. Yesterday I got a pretty new pick up stick for my weaving on etsy. A bit extravagant, but worth it because I'll use it all the time. I stupidly left it on top of the parcel up on the kitchen worktop, and this morning it was gone. After searching all bloody morning I found it under the mat in the hall, with the tip chewed off. I never even got to try it out. I know they don't mean any harm, but I'm incredibly pissed off. £15 is a lot of money to me.

Incidentally the culprit is curled up on my knee purring away quite happily.

• I've calmed down now! It was my own fault really for leaving it out. I should have known Pixie couldn't resist an opportunity like that! I'm going to try and sand it back tomorrow and see if I can give it a new tip.

Oscar looks nice and drugged up there!

• well our Zed has been at the vets since midday yesterday, after throwing up bile he went in and went on a drip, for liquids insulin and antibiotics as he had a high white cell count indicating an infection. tonight they were going to transfer him to the local veterinary hospital overnight to have a constant watch on his blood sugar, they told us that just to watch was £37 per 6 hours and since they needed hourly blood sugars it was likely to be £500-£600 over the weekend, we pointed out that if that was all that was required, my wife is a diabetic, has all the kit to test his blood and we have his insulin in the house as well as a bottle of hypostop. so we elected to bring him home and do the hourly tests ourselves.

heres the poorly boy - a lot better looking than he was yesterday.
    Grendel

• Good to see he's on the mend.

Mine are bemused by the sudden heat. Flopping around listlessly, finding outside just a wee bit too much, and stirring only to chase a fly that dared to disturb their peace.

• well hes got the vets confused now, the latest blood test shows his white cell count is now normal - down from almost too high for their machine to measure to normal in a couple of days. thats our boy, just waiting now for a call from the vet to go pick him up - they have an emergency eye removal op on a dog to finish then they'll call us. we will still have the ongoing diabetes regeime to get right, but other than that and a few simple tests to do regularly, that seems to be it.
    Grendel

• well he's home and looking good, just a final visit to the vet tomorrow morning, considering Friday he looked at deaths door, he's doing pretty well now - still has a course of anti biotics to complete, some anti inflammatories and cystitis tablets, but he's back to his old self again - he has once again flummoxed the vets who dont know what he had, cost us yet another small fortune in vets bills (yet to find out how much), and is once again happily in good health, phew.
    they do like to worry us dont they.
    Grendel