What our cats are currently up to...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Send it up here if you like! The air has been warmish, but the sun is nowhere to be seen!

My two are playing fun games on the stairs - it involves running up them, then down them... then up them... you get the idea!

• Send it up here if you like! The air has been warmish, but the sun is nowhere to be seen!

My two are playing fun games on the stairs - it involves running up them, then down them... then up them... you get the idea!

That was the favourite activity of my 2 until the heat struck, now it is just snoozing, the listless flapping of a tail and the murder of the odd moth when something really active is called for. It's a fine life.:whistle:

• Aww :D

Oscar was asleep on the windowsill till I rudely woke him up with my camera. Then he was super cute on a sheepskin rug that the same colouring as him, kneading it :D Pixie and Arty have been asleep for hours.

• I'm glad to see Zed looking so much better. These unexplained illnesses can scare the life out of you!

I'm hoping my two are about to settle down...

• Willow likes to climb the banisters at the top of the stairs. It scares the hell out of me, but I can't stop him from doing it. He just slipped and nearly fell, but managed to catch it with his front claws and cling on until I lifted him back up. If he falls to the bottom he'll break his legs :(. Solutions, anyone?

• Sid was last seen this morning storking a rabbit in the field next to our house. He's not home yet so I'll know how the rabbit got on by how hungary he is. Speckie is laying under the garden bench having a wash.

• beachcomber how about putting something over the banisters to spoil willows fun. Or if it's something heavy like a quilt it might take his weight if he slips again(he can dig his claws in) and you're not there to come to the rescue.

• How high are the stairs? Cats can jump pretty far without injuring themselves, I'm sure they'd be fine.

They're quite high. He actually did slip today, but caught the bottom of the banister. I came out of the bedroom just in time to see him pulling himself back through the rungs :eek:. Here he is, caught in the act...

DSCN2815 by woolysnippet, on Flickr

And here's the drop...

DSCN2816 by woolysnippet, on Flickr

• Both furious at being shut in when they could be out chasing foxes, and Hugo has decided to puke all over the kitchen.

• Zed made his final trip to the vets this morning, he passed on peacefully, in the company of Bunny who had been curled up with him keeping him company in the cat basket.
    :(
    Grendel

• So sorry for your loss Grendel x (had to take our old guy to the vets yesterday, they've given him six months) :(

We come with justice and fire. We come with honour and ideas. We come with decency and desire. We come now and we come as unstoppable as the rain

• Oh no Grendel. That's such sad news :(. It sounds like he went peacefully in the end though. Big hugs.xxxxxx

Pooka, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news too. I'm sure you'll show him how much he's loved in the next few months. xxxxx

:(

• Thanks for the comments beachcomber and madcat x All three of our guys are all snuggled up, moo is snoring his tiny head off, he's very contented as he's been getting extra tuna rations and cat sticks, the other two are happy aswell as we can't favour one over the others so they are getting extras too

We come with justice and fire. We come with honour and ideas. We come with decency and desire. We come now and we come as unstoppable as the rain

• I woke up at 3am and for the life of me I thought Willow was dead. He was up round my neck, and when I moved him over he flopped completely. I shoogled him about a bit and he was completely limp. I instantly panicked, and it was only when I switched the light on that he had a stretch and went on sleeping!! I thought I'd crushed him or smothered him in my sleep or something!

• It scared the hell out of me TBH.

We've just had another little run around in the garden (it's windy!) - I'm extremely proud of them!

• Stubbornly refusing to learn how to use that all-singing all-dancing new catflap they've just had installed. It's fine if daddy wants to hold it open for us (but we'd rather he didn't push us up the arse as we do know where "out" is), but it is very undignified pushing your little furry head against a plastic flap.

:rtfm: