What our cats are currently up to...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Dora has just gone into orbit... she was dozing on my bed and on my mobile when Jenna texted me.

And earlier this evening oh they did love me... rubbing round me, purring all over me...

and SHAKING THEMSELVES DRY ALL OVER ME TOO!!:curse:

• :D It's Fairy Time!!! Every afternoon for a little while the sun in the living room bounces off a cushion covered in little tiny mirrors. This fills the room with 'fairies', and there is much rejoicing! :panic:

• Dora thinks my beard is a wonder of nutrition and keeps chewing it.

Hugo still thinks I am the Human Towel.:rolleyes:

• Can anyone tell me why Cats just stare at you even when you are sat doing nothing in particular, not even eating or holding food, they just sit and stare at you!!! My baby Milo lives with my ex-partner because the present mr purpleglowspider is allergic to cats and the new landlord was a mouse in a previous life (no cats oooh I don't like cats sorry). I go up to visit them both a lot Milo is excited to see me for three or four seconds and then I am just part of the furniture again :wub: I miss Milo Cat :(

So why does he sit and stare, or why do cats sit and stare in general?

• They do like their tuna after all. So all is right with the world.:rolleyes:

• Thundering about the house, chasing each over whilst yowling loudly! Tis mental here today!

We come with justice and fire. We come with honour and ideas. We come with decency and desire. We come now and we come as unstoppable as the rain

• Aw bless them, beachcomber, super cute! Can't beat pusscats for providing quality entertainment. Do they talk to the snowflakes too?

We come with justice and fire. We come with honour and ideas. We come with decency and desire. We come now and we come as unstoppable as the rain

• There was some chirping going on! They're not quite so keen when they're outside among them though (especially Willow, he doesn't like to get his paws wet!).

• My eldest cat died tonight :( But she did it in the best way possible,in her sleep,stretched out under my burner and so peacefully that I wasnt even sure it had happened at first. She was 18 and had a full cat life of hunting and exploring and bullying humans and I'm so glad she died as naturally as she lived and didnt have the stress of a vet at the end (for me too I'm grateful,having had to have both my dogs put down this way is easier),but man I'm gonna miss her :( Night,night Doody,love you always and thanks for picking me as your human xx

Gah,damn animals make us soft as shite :S

• My eldest cat died tonight :( But she did it in the best way possible,in her sleep,stretched out under my burner and so peacefully that I wasnt even sure it had happened at first. She was 18 and had a full cat life of hunting and exploring and bullying humans and I'm so glad she died as naturally as she lived and didnt have the stress of a vet at the end (for me too I'm grateful,having had to have both my dogs put down this way is easier),but man I'm gonna miss her :( Night,night Doody,love you always and thanks for picking me as your human xx

Gah,damn animals make us soft as shite :S

:hug: So sorry she's gone, it does sound like it was in the nicest possible way for a kitty to go. Thinking of you

• So sorry Medusa :(. She had a good long life and it sounds like she went in peace at the end. It's never easy though - hugs to you xxxxxx. :hug:

• So sorry for your loss Medusa, but that does sound like the very best way for any of us to go. Not that it makes it any easier for you x

• Sorry to hear that... it never does get any easier does it? :(

• My daughter George has finally joined the ranks of crazy cat lady after a long wait.
    4 yrs after we lost her cat she had carted about like a rag doll since she was a very little girl, she got a new kitten on saturday :)
    He is all black, 9 weeks old and lives at her dad's, he is currently unnamed and has settled in sufficiently to be hanging off the curtains already!
    One more for the feline madhouse!!!

• Interesting new behaviour from Pixie the last couple of nights - he keeps trying to hump Willow!!! :eek: WTF is that about, he's been neutered!! They always groom each other right before going to sleep, but he's started going that little bit further... :S

Willow doesn't like it!