GREEN GATHERING 2011!!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Am doing a phone interview with BRfm (97.3 fm) at 10.30-ish if you're in Wales, about The Trolley Men playing at the glorious Green Gathering. Promote the cause of greeniness.

New band line up includes your own, your very own, Mr. Moon Cheese on guitar. Hurrah! :waves:

• Munchies? I vaguely remember that ... ahem.

BRfm didn't get back to me but BBC Radio Norfolk did - no Alan Patridge jokes please - about something else so I gave the Green Gathering a plug'ole an' all.

That 'Tumtee-tum'? Is that a TUMT reference at all?

• BRfm didn't get back to me but BBC Radio Norfolk did - no Alan Patridge jokes please - about something else so I gave the Green Gathering a plug'ole an' all.

A good place to plug it, with so many in Norfolk remembering the Fayres.

That 'Tumtee-tum'? Is that a TUMT reference at all?

yep, a clue for any old friends that wander by, to say hi

• A good place to plug it, with so many in Norfolk remembering the Fayres.

Yeah, all long gone now. Where are the Albions of yesteryear?

We got our GG contract through today (was tempted to put lardy cake on the requirements form) and these are our playing times:

Small World Stage 7.00 – 8.00pm Saturday 30th July
    Forum Stage 11.00pm – 12.00am Sunday 31st July

Be there with us, weirdly Green. :waves: And a tad rocky. 12am eh? I hope someone's standing by with my cocoa.

Love, light & leeks - Al

• I'm starting to feel more interested in this festie. Used to love the old Big Green...Will there be a Dance Tent? Will beer be available on site?
    Impromptu gigs such as Space Ritual??

• Thanks pixoid al. I've had a look about the site but can't see anything about a real ale tent. I'm not an alcoholic so could manage without one just don't particularly want to manage without one :). I don't suppose you know if there will be somewhere to have a sup do you? Or anyone else for that matter.

• I might be able to manage cocoa and a rock cake if me and Ben get inspired to bake, we like to bake :)

• Thanks pixoid al. I've had a look about the site but can't see anything about a real ale tent.

Now you come to mention it, I can't find anything about ale on the site either. Maybe its a booze-free festival. :eek: That would make sense on our contract because, although they are feeding us, they won't serve alcoholic beverages with our meals. I shall enquire ...

As I'm here we have a request. Anyone living local to Norwich and wants to get into the festival on a crew pass and has a drivers licence, we're in dire need of someone to drive the hire car - with us in it - down to Chepstow and back. Please PM me if interested. :waves:

• I can't see find any mention of alcohol either...Big Green used to be booze free (officially) for the first few years. They had a beer tent and a bar- or two- only the last couple of times it was on. Don't get me wrong, i love the Spiritual side of a festie, the healing areas, the arts etc but i like to drink too without being frowned upon! I like to party at a festie and DANCE :D- whilst also acknowledging green issues and Spirituality:angel: Haven't made my mind up about this new Green Gathering yet...There's not much organisational time left, 4weeks...There are some good bands already on the bill i see...would love it if they got ZUBZUB and some decent DJ's, appealing to the younger folk!

• I've had a reply to an e-mail i sent and there is a bar on site and you can bring your own but they don't allow glass bottles which is fair enough. There will also be SOME dance music and dj's in one of the three stages...Hmmmm i will probably go, i'm sure the vibe will be cool and i can always make my own entertainment post midnight..meeting people is entertainment enough!

• Anyone in range of BR+fm (97.3fm) in Wales or thereabouts we Trolley Men are being interviewed down the phone line at 16:10 today (Weds. 29th) about us lot playing The Green Gathering. Apparently they've been been playing our music all week ... what jolly nice people.

Glad the alcohol thing has been sorted out. I didn't want to be the one to announce that at our next band rehearsal. :waves:

• I did get a bit worried it might be dry so I texted them to, as Da-Renn says there's a beer tent (phew) plus we can bring our own (like I wouldn't have anyway). GG are going to update the website. So all in all a result.:D

• Thought I would have to cancel working at GG, cos I couldn't get my dogs into any kennels. I didn't want to book them in too early, in case GG was cancelled. You never know! Found another kennel that I know and trust and could take 3 dogs at the end of July!

Now to find someone to look after my rabbits.

• Mr. Moon Cheese starts rehearsals with The Trolley Men later today out in the wilds of Norfolk for our GG performance. As the newest (and youngest) member of the band we're all looking forward to an interesting day with him. We will film the rehearsal, for song learning purposes, and I have a feeling something may appear on YouTube at some point.

There will be (Victoria sponge) cake. Also thanks to Enigma's Mum for providing transport.

:waves:

• Loving this thread! So much talk of cake... do all come and try Weirdigans freshly-baked-on-site slabs of the stuff, won't you? ;)

I too am glad the alcohol thing has been sorted in such a civilised way. A little non-commercial bar I believe, and an invite to byo so long as it's not in glass and is not in I'm-gonna-be-selling-it-on-the-side quantities. Perfect.

I've been hearing more about the site today, it sounds soooo lovely. Apparently we'll be between the Market and the Transition Zone, perched on a bit of a rise next to a tree, just like we were at the old BGG (thanks to the lovely site-planners) and there'll be a view across the site from our front garden. Blessed and blissed.

For the night owls like Da-renn, Weirdigans will be open into the wee hours (in fact, we'll be open 24-hours-a-day so long as we have customers), so the meeting people and drinking chai and probably a bit of acoustic music will be happening way after the main bar and stages shut down.

Seeyas all there...